A Jedi's Plans/A Sith's Plans

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Re: A Jedi's Plans/A Sith's Plans

Post by mikefrench »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:Dang there's some long posts here :-) Just a quick comment:

It was mentioned that if the effects just pulled sites for 1 or 2 force (and nothing else), that it wouldn't make the cut in competitive decks. That's probably right. And that's probably fine. These cards act as huge helpers for people who like a lot of variety and want to venture off the well-travelled path with fun fred or one-off decks.

Even as-printed (not startable with the 3-effect start AND costing 2 per pull AND having no real useful other text), they made a lot of my decks.
I played a Jedis plans in my mpc deck one year. It was good enough in my mind because some match ups you really wanted to start draining quickly.

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: A Jedi's Plans/A Sith's Plans

Post by Shadow 13 »

hyvee_doughboy wrote:Dang there's some long posts here :-) Just a quick comment:

It was mentioned that if the effects just pulled sites for 1 or 2 force (and nothing else), that it wouldn't make the cut in competitive decks. That's probably right. And that's probably fine. These cards act as huge helpers for people who like a lot of variety and want to venture off the well-travelled path with fun fred or one-off decks.

Even as-printed (not startable with the 3-effect start AND costing 2 per pull AND having no real useful other text), they made a lot of my decks.
i don't think that "good enough" should be our goal with these cards. we shouldn't accept that the default best decks play lots of twixes and one battleground (sometimes two, one for each arena). i think there's more fun to be had playing a deck like ROPS, that puts out lots of sites and does interesting things at most of them, utilizes the move phase for positioning, etc, than there is in TRM or HD, putting out one site to tank at and a bunch of effectively non-location cards that say "your force generation is +2". i think star wars is more fun when players have incentives to play more battlegrounds. and i think adding a wokling-esque force generation clause to the Plans cards are a good way to do that.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Return to “On Deck Discussion”