Look Sir, Droids (v)

spambidextrous
DS Region: Naboo
DS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: bsmyth001a

Look Sir, Droids (v)

Post by spambidextrous »

So, I was thinking about this card and how it could be updated to help out one location start decks without breaking the new starting activation guidelines. It seems something like "If you only have one location (with <3 icons) on table, may deploy a related location with 1 icon." would seem appropriate, as this would mean a deck could start 3/0 or 3/1. Just thinking in terms of objectives, this would give the following decks the following options:

- BHBM (D*II Throne Room) > D* II Docking Bay.
- Doesn't seem problematic.

- ISB Ops (any Coruscant location - likely the system or Imperial Square) > Docking Bay (SE); Docking Bay (Cor); Imperial City.
- The only one of these which could be problematic is the Imperial City by parking a General there a la Hunt Down (v), although how problematic this would be in ISB I'm unsure. Would it make a Big Blue build too strong?

- Ral Ops (Raltiir) > ???
- Would give a boost to starting activation with the new sites, but still only be 2/0.

- TDIGWATT (any Cloud City battleground) > Dining Room; East Platform (Docking Bay); Incinerator; Interrogation Room; Lower Corridor; Port Town District; Security Tower [non-v]; Upper Plaza Corridor.
- Possibly the most interesting in that it gives you a second site from the start to try to set up Dark Deal.

I'm not sure what the interactions could be between starting locations and a related site, but I assume most decks would just be better starting Combat Readiness (v)?

The other thing to consider is how many effects to let the interrupt start. I think it needs to be three as sacrificing the extra starting slot is too much of a drawback. I think making it just a straight-up copy of Prepared Defenses in this respect is the way to go, then perhaps put the interrupt in Reserve rather than in hand to account for the extra power of the third starting Effect.

The Used part of the interrupt is good as is.

Thoughts?

(I was going to work out how this would work out if it was mirrored exactly for Light Side/Scomp Link Access (v) but I have to go make dinner so if someone else wants to then feel free!)

Ben Smyth
Manchester, UK

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: Look Sir, Droids (v)

Post by Shadow 13 »

personally i think that sacrificing an effect for an extra 1/0 or 1/1 location is going to be perfectly fine for most decks. asking for more is pretty greedy and not likely to make it. i wouldnt' mind seeing some playtesting results for letting it be 3 effects tho.

other than that, i think LSDv could totally go from "either of these 2 locations" to "any site with only 1 [DS icon]."
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Look Sir, Droids (v)

Post by aermet69 »

Shadow 13 wrote:personally i think that sacrificing an effect for an extra 1/0 or 1/1 location is going to be perfectly fine for most decks. asking for more is pretty greedy and not likely to make it. i wouldnt' mind seeing some playtesting results for letting it be 3 effects tho.

other than that, i think LSDv could totally go from "either of these 2 locations" to "any site with only 1 [DS icon]."

Could there be troubles with Holotheatre? I don't think there would, but worth considering.

Edit: Maybe in BHBM? You get Empy easy and cheap to turn it into a 2/0 then Vader later on for the 3/0.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Return to “On Deck Discussion”