WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
Rev0lution
Starter
Starter

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Rev0lution »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:54 am
Not saying it won't get here eventually but I have a hard time believing anything more than like $3500 is what someone will pay anytime soon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164290493664?ul_noapp=true
It's good to see that there's still some out there, though. This is the second one in a month (albeit, the first one didn't sell at $6k and was taken down). I messaged the first seller, and part of him pricing it so high was based on the $4700 "sold" listing that we think was relisted the next day. Does anyone have the data on what the relisted box sold for?

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Not saying it won't get here eventually but I have a hard time believing anything more than like $3500 is what someone will pay anytime soon:

Yeah, considering individual packs go for $80-100, even with the premium for it being sealed, I wouldn't go over $4000
:epic: Returning Collector, Gameplay Illiterate :epic:

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

That kind of mark up would make swccgstore.com proud.

TheLuhks
GEMP Username: Luhks

Post by TheLuhks »

For only $9, this copy of URoRRuR’R’R can be yours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw7qFeyp27
FINN: I need a weapon.

theb_bailey
Starter
Starter

Post by theb_bailey »

Rev0lution wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:31 am
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

It's good to see that there's still some out there, though. This is the second one in a month (albeit, the first one didn't sell at $6k and was taken down). I messaged the first seller, and part of him pricing it so high was based on the $4700 "sold" listing that we think was relisted the next day. Does anyone have the data on what the relisted box sold for?
Yeah, I was watching that when it happened. Almost choked when that first one seemed to go for $4,700. Then when the "second" went for around $900, choked again. Pretty good price I'd think. I would have probably tried at that price, but I hadn't been aware that it was a relisting and didn't even bother. About 95% $900 is correct and that my memory isn't failing on that by the way. I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong.

CCG Collector

Post by CCG Collector »

Sorry if this is a repost, but I'm guessing LS front/DS back Hoth cards aren't quite in the $2200 range yet?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3610737753
Star Wars and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

The seller has priced this card at a value they would be willing to sell at and not necessarily what the card is worth/would go for from a different seller.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

CCG Collector

Post by CCG Collector »

TacoBill wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 4:11 pm
The seller has priced this card at a value they would be willing to sell at and not necessarily what the card is worth/would go for from a different seller.
Doesn't that describe all of these auctions?
Star Wars and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by lithy »

CCG Collector wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:16 pm
TacoBill wrote:
I tend to think there is a difference between "this is something I know is rare, I don't necessarily want to sell but if I get what I think is an excellent offer for it, I'll let it go" and "I have this Vader card (2-player intro box), and I see several Lord Vader foils selling for $100, so I'm going to list mine for $100".

The first has an idea of value, but will only sell for a great offer. The latter just has no idea. Functionally, you're right that neither will sell unless someone comes up with the asking money, but I think the differences in the two types of listings are clear enough.

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by lithy »

Not necessarily overpriced, but I have to say, this is certainly unique.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Star-Wa ... Swv2VfJGJc

swyodarth
Starter
Starter

Post by swyodarth »

That's actually pretty cool. Could be a fun project to see if there are other cards something like that could work for.

Here's one for the topic. Anyone want a $250 box of Ref 3? It looks pretty beat up. Oh, it's also empty. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... SwcT5fH5Ys

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

4 layers is amateur. Also strange to pick an interrupt. In L5R your clan stronghold was like your starting location. 40 layer example

DS-61-4
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by DS-61-4 »

Not to mention they did a garbage job cutting it out.

wscii712
Starter
Starter

Post by wscii712 »

lithy wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 11:36 pm
Not necessarily overpriced, but I have to say, this is certainly unique.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Star-Wa ... Swv2VfJGJc
I'm trying to figure out what the funniest card would be to put on the back to be peering in the windows. General Jar Jar AI maybe?

theb_bailey
Starter
Starter

Post by theb_bailey »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313168345606?& ... fresh=true

Put it on my watchlist to remember to post it, and 5 min later got an offer for $45.

... Going in the right direction at least.

CCG Collector

Post by CCG Collector »

lithy wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 11:00 pm
CCG Collector wrote:
TacoBill wrote:
I tend to think there is a difference between "this is something I know is rare, I don't necessarily want to sell but if I get what I think is an excellent offer for it, I'll let it go" and "I have this Vader card (2-player intro box), and I see several Lord Vader foils selling for $100, so I'm going to list mine for $100".

The first has an idea of value, but will only sell for a great offer. The latter just has no idea. Functionally, you're right that neither will sell unless someone comes up with the asking money, but I think the differences in the two types of listings are clear enough.
I assume you're considering that listing as one of the former types of sellers, so what's actually the value of those cards? In my experience over the past few years, they're about $50 to $100 each, with one or two of the more desirable ones creeping up into the $300 range. So has that market price increased? Because otherwise this is just someone throwing a big number out there and hoping he finds a sucker.

swyodarth
Starter
Starter

Post by swyodarth »

theb_bailey wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 11:56 am
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313168345606?& ... fresh=true

Put it on my watchlist to remember to post it, and 5 min later got an offer for $45.

... Going in the right direction at least.
I like to think of it as $3 for the card, $42 for the extremely scratched up case.

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by lithy »

CCG Collector wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 3:53 pm
lithy wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 11:00 pm
CCG Collector wrote:
TacoBill wrote:

I assume you're considering that listing as one of the former types of sellers, so what's actually the value of those cards? In my experience over the past few years, they're about $50 to $100 each, with one or two of the more desirable ones creeping up into the $300 range. So has that market price increased? Because otherwise this is just someone throwing a big number out there and hoping he finds a sucker.
How many of these are there? Not to make a direct comparison because I know why the prices are different, but there are likely more Alpha Black Lotus than there are these cards.

So is $2200 too much? For me, sure, but if someone buys it why are they necessarily a sucker? This seems to be the only person selling. If someone else wants it, that's the price. As opposed to paying $50 for a Intro Set Vader when a quick eBay search yields several for sale for a couple bucks, when there is only one for sale, I have a hard time saying it is overpaying.

The same seller sold a Reflections Gold 'TK-420' for $250 and then shortly after a 'Young Skywalker' for $600, which I would say is on par with the DS backed LS Hoth cards in terms of rarity/collectibility.

Will we ever see a thousand dollar SWCCG card? I don't know, but the differences in prices (particularly for the top few URs, tournament foils, etc.) compared to the same time last year or even 6 months ago is noticeable.

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I wouldn't say I am looking for suckers with my 108 Darth Vaders listing. The average price is way too high for someone buying individual vaders.

When the seller of something values something a lot more than market price, it doesn't mean they are trying to sucker someone. It might mean they would really like to hold onto something but there is an offer they wouldn't refuse.

Especially knowing the seller a little bit, there is a big difference between this and selling a Run Luke Run for however much that was, or the classic "I know nothing about these cards they were from an estate sale" when it was carefully picked through with a few rares left in the photos and a couple months later singles are being sold from a different account in the same city with the same 6 color, all caps, hostile listing description style.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

The same seller sold a Reflections Gold 'TK-420' for $250 and then shortly after a 'Young Skywalker' for $600
Really curious about the RefGold cards showing up lately. For anyone who has owned or handled an authentic one, is there any way to tell? My understanding is that they were just low quality print-outs glued on top of other WB cards. Which makes me wonder how difficult they'd be to counterfeit.

In the case of CK's listings, I have no doubt they were the real deal. But if one can just print off some images at Kinkos, slap them onto some premiere wb crap, and potentially flip them for a few hundred each...then it's only a matter of time before someone tries it. Maybe it's just a situation where if you don't personally know the seller, it's not worth the risk? :???
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”