WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
TacoBill

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by TacoBill »

Sounds like you'd love the guy on Reddit that cracked a Ref 2 box

Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 3:26 pm
shawnd1984 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 3:05 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 10:31 am
Friendly reminder that nobody should ever buy sealed SWCCG product with the purpose of opening it for building a collection. Sealed product is an endangered species here and it makes absolutely no sense to rip open if you are doing it to find a card. Even if you're buying sealed product to open for the thrill, I would recommend other means of finding this rush that don't involve killing an endangered species.
This probably bothers you then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-f4N2yzTM
Not so much because he's doing it for charity. He probably raised a crapload of money for charity.

I'm more ok with opening if it is for historical documentation purposes (like an unboxing/pack opening hasn't been recorded before), or if it's for charity, or some other noble purpose. I see a lot of people on the swccg facebook page just getting drunk and opening DS2 packs and that is hard to watch.
This is your version of looking at an ex-girlfriend's social media page and seeing her new boyfriend.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

I know the market is wild, so this thread seems less relevant, but some things must still be overpriced, right? RIGHT?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw0Z1f8K86

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

ElDuderino wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 5:43 pm
I know the market is wild, so this thread seems less relevant, but some things must still be overpriced, right? RIGHT?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw0Z1f8K86
Yikes.
the cards are approx worth £3,500+ if sold individually
I'm not so sure about that :lol:

"Overpriced" has changed for SWCCG the past 2 years, and if I see like a Padme for $200 then I don't even know if that would qualify as overpriced honestly. The only things appropriate for this thread IMO are lots like this that are primarily commons shown. This is definitely on topic.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

the_machine
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by the_machine »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
Friendly reminder that nobody should ever buy sealed SWCCG product with the purpose of opening it for building a collection. Sealed product is an endangered species here and it makes absolutely no sense to rip open if you are doing it to find a card. Even if you're buying sealed product to open for the thrill, I would recommend other means of finding this rush that don't involve killing an endangered species.
Out of curiosity, what do you see as the point of keeping it sealed? If it's for playing sealed or to give out as prize support that makes sense, but if it's just to have sit on a shelf, seems pretty pointless (at least in my opinion).

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

the_machine wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 1:01 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
Out of curiosity, what do you see as the point of keeping it sealed? If it's for playing sealed or to give out as prize support that makes sense, but if it's just to have sit on a shelf, seems pretty pointless (at least in my opinion).
Most anything you get to sit on a shelf is pointless. The people that get sealed product and keep it sealed are collectors (or trying to make a profit off of them at some future point).

The same point as someone collecting baseball cards, stamps, or whatever. A useless quest, but not necessarily a pointless one.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

the_machine wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 1:01 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
If you want to play with the cards, there are far more affordable ways to get the cards that don't involve opening sealed product. If there wasn't already a supply of opened/played cards, maybe I'd have a different opinion, but of anything that is sealed and relatively accessible (i.e. not a $60 ref 3 pack), those cards are available for cheaper on the secondhand market. So why buy sealed product to get what you could get for less money, and without reducing the supply of a rare commodity? And if you want to open for the thrill, just remember how fleeting that is and when you rip open an endor pack and get a foil ewok village, the thrill lasts even shorter.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

the_machine
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by the_machine »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 2:30 pm
And if you want to open for the thrill, just remember how fleeting that is and when you rip open an endor pack and get a foil ewok village, the thrill lasts even shorter.
If it's not already, that should be called 'Chasing the Kryat Dragon' 🤣

Also fair points, thanks for responding. 🤘

nwestpha
Starter
Starter

Post by nwestpha »

Apologies if someone commented on this one already, but there is no way this is real. Hopefully no one bought this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 7675.l2557

Holla_Ackbar
Starter
Starter

Post by Holla_Ackbar »

nwestpha wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:53 pm
Apologies if someone commented on this one already, but there is no way this is real. Hopefully no one bought this one.

The Gold cards were the very last set that were in testing before Decipher lost the license. So those cards are exceptionally rare. Useless, but rare. :lol:

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Holla_Ackbar wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 2:41 am
nwestpha wrote:

The Gold cards were the very last set that were in testing before Decipher lost the license. So those cards are exceptionally rare. Useless, but rare. :lol:
Right, the point though is that this is not one of those. It's just a bootleg fan card, and a poorly done one at that.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Holla_Ackbar
Starter
Starter

Post by Holla_Ackbar »

imrahil327 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 4:57 am
Holla_Ackbar wrote:
nwestpha wrote:

Right, the point though is that this is not one of those. It's just a bootleg fan card, and a poorly done one at that.
How can you tell? My understanding was that the real Gold Reflections cards were basically just printed out and slapped on common cards.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Sure, but the Reflections Gold cards made some sense. 1 million armor does not. Wasn't this in one of the magazines as a ridiculous dream card though?
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

I like how it just targets for free.

Target what?

I blow up your objective.

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by lithy »

It was posted in one of the Facebook groups a while back, wonder if I can find it.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Holla_Ackbar wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 2:15 pm
imrahil327 wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 4:57 am
Holla_Ackbar wrote:
nwestpha wrote:

How can you tell? My understanding was that the real Gold Reflections cards were basically just printed out and slapped on common cards.

-The font is dissimilar
-The concepts on the card are totally unrealistic (111 power, 1 million armor, destiny 14)
-Collectors, over the years, have put together a pretty complete picture of which Reflections Gold cards exist, and this is not among them
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

arebelspy wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 3:57 pm

Target what?

I blow up my opponents.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Hunter wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 5:16 pm
arebelspy wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 3:57 pm

Target what?

I blow up my opponents.
What if your opponents have no ability?

Is it like DVDLOTS choking a droid?

Holla_Ackbar
Starter
Starter

Post by Holla_Ackbar »

DSII LSJK sold today for $382. That's the most I can remember seeing. With more stimulus money coming, who knows how high prices are going.

SWCCG...so hot right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3386290088

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”