WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

linky

I mean really, why. There are three guys bidding this up to a huge amount that it should be going. I've had 2 of them on eBay in the low 100's over the past few months. I have two more that I'm going to list in the mid 100's, I've been listing them for the lowest amount that I bought them for plus my normal percentage addition on boxes and had waited a long time before someone bought a Theed box. I listed a Theed box before Christmas that went for the mid 90's. Yet three guys are stupid enough to push this one up to this amount. That just makes me sick. Hope they get some AI's out of that box because you will never get that much money out of a Theed box.

When I see things like this it makes me sick.

Or how about:

linky

When I have one in my store for the low 400's.

I mean this sort of thing makes me a little sick. Whoever is paying these higher prices (or willing to) that are way above what a store listing of the same item is, needs to search eBay a little more.

Most people will say that I have my Ref 3 box at too much, but I've been moving through each Ref 3 box I get in. I then have to find another box to have one in stock, so I mark it up my normal percentage, so I'm not trying to hurt anyone on my price, it's my normal box percentage increase.

Thomas Caspersen

Post by Thomas Caspersen »

Holy crap, those auctions are crazy! The last one hadn't sold, though. But paying $230 for a box of Theed? Those people should have their head examined.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

That Theed was crazy. We split a box recently just for fun that we got for $80 shipped. Who ever is paying $230+ needs to sit on that for 10 years and hope the game is still hot.

It was not that long ago that Wild Card Games in Salem had Theed full sets for $49. I bought two just to get the Maul/wsticks, Sidious and Queens. I thought that was about right for those sets. There are a few good cards - Maul/QGJ with sticks, Sidious, Queen, Panaka but the other mains aren't very good - the Theed Mace sees no play at all. Some decent rares in there, but no where near the power set Coruscant is. (Still the best set in the game IMO)
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

moonkyl
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by moonkyl »

Perhaps if the Theed Mace was V'ed, we might see less of the broken V Coruscant one.

Hmmm...
Game on!

futantshadow
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by futantshadow »

wowwie i have like 4-5 theed boxes.. time to sell??? when the market completely dries up of all sealed product, what will happen?? :)

futantshadow
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by futantshadow »

check this out- special edition booster box currently at $86... seems a bit high, but I guess they are getting really hard to find! (the starter boxes are still going for around $25-30..)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-CCG-Speci ... 0216350630

lawtalkingguy
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by lawtalkingguy »

futantshadow wrote:check this out- special edition booster box currently at $86... seems a bit high, but I guess they are getting really hard to find! (the starter boxes are still going for around $25-30..)

The market is failing to correctly analyze those products:

SE starters: 24 rares (12 per side), $24-ish, average $1 per rare
SE boosters: 30 rares (15 per side), $75-ish, average $2.50 per rare

The starter boxes are very, VERY clearly the better buy. Assuming you can't just get 3rd anthology or whichever one it was that had SE starters in it, where it was only a few bucks from Hills... I remember buying sooooo many cases of those for store stock

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

i recently split a box of SE starters with justin and we were pretty happy with what we got.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Thomas Caspersen

Post by Thomas Caspersen »

Yeah, SE Starters are a very good buy.

CategoryOneGames.com

Hill's Raised prices on Anthology 3 to 12.00 now, so they aren't as cheap as they once were.

The difference between a Special box and Special starter isn't so much the price as it is the shipping.

To ship a Special box I can get it for as low as 6 or so US (I charge more cause I put on insurance) and it costs about 9 for a starter box, not that bad of a difference US and a better deal for State side.

International the Special Starter box is cheapest to go in a Priority Mail box which costs 37.00 to ship, while a Booster box is 11.00. So that's a huge difference between US and International on these boxes.

The other thing too is that I've opened up a LS side of the starters and I got 3 sets of doubles with one card I got 3 of. And they were all junk rares.

The starters Rares weren't sorted like a Booster boxes, where your chance of doubles was very Rare, where as with a starter you could get lots of doubles.

CategoryOneGames.com

futantshadow wrote:check this out- special edition booster box currently at $86... seems a bit high, but I guess they are getting really hard to find! (the starter boxes are still going for around $25-30..)

This always makes me laugh, if the people just searched for these boxes they could find them cheaper, I believe my Special box on ebay is 80.99 and on C1G is 74.99, a big difference from 86 without much research or searching at all, especially for the ebay store thing.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

G.D. folks, learn to dress your links!!

(url=http://yourwebsite.com)linky(/url)

but () should be []

that way it doesn't break the screen lengths
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

this cranky off-topic rant has been brought to you by Ryan French, cranky jackass extraordinaire.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

lawtalkingguy wrote:

The market is failing to correctly analyze those products:

SE starters: 24 rares (12 per side), $24-ish, average $1 per rare
SE boosters: 30 rares (15 per side), $75-ish, average $2.50 per rare

The starter boxes are very, VERY clearly the better buy. Assuming you can't just get 3rd anthology or whichever one it was that had SE starters in it, where it was only a few bucks from Hills... I remember buying sooooo many cases of those for store stock
I have been very disapointed with the rares in starters, maybe just randomness, but never had anything remotely good.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

mikefrench wrote:this cranky off-topic rant has been brought to you by Ryan French, cranky jackass extraordinaire.
Whole thread was a cranky rant anyway. :)

nosfer2
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by nosfer2 »

linky

This listing annoys me. For a start, the price is ludicrously high - a Japanese seller recently sold the exact same set for around $60. Then there's the fact that he refuses to accept Paypal from non-US buyers, which means there's no point in me trying to buy from him as I won't be able to get my money back if something goes wrong. Worst of all, up until a few weeks ago his asking price was lower. Surely if something doesn't sell you would reduce the price, not raise it?
If you have Japanese cards and would like to trade PM me.

CategoryOneGames.com

He's gone up and down on that auctions pricing so much. I've been watching it forever and it's been nearly 200, then something like 70, then up and then down. I don't know why he keep sputting it back up in price, usually you keep lowering something till it sells unless you see one getting a lot in auction.

CategoryOneGames.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

A little high in my opinion, I'd say around 1600-1800 at most.

Shadow 40
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Shadow 40 »

How much you think I would get for a complete set of foils?

- all Reflections 1 foils
- all Reflections 2 foils
- all Reflections 3 foils
- all tournament foils
- all box topper foils
- case topper foil (Darth Vader Japanese)
- Deciphercon 2000 exclusive foils (Imperial-Class SD and Corellian Corvette)
Patrick Dinelle
My Decktech's Page

CategoryOneGames.com

This is how much each sells on it's own

- all Reflections 1 foils - $75.00
- all Reflections 2 foils - $90.00
- all Reflections 3 foils - $400.00
- all tournament foils + Deciphercon 2000 exclusive foils (Imperial-Class SD and Corellian Corvette) - $150.00
- all box topper foils + case topper foil (Darth Vader Japanese) - $50.00

So I'd say you'd get around $700 - $800 depending on who needed it at the time.

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”