WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
TheBastirous
Starter
Starter

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by TheBastirous »

I think this eBay listing qualifies as way Way WAY overpriced. Looks like maybe $180-200 if you were buying all the cards at highest current values on the PC and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Swm9lbjx~r

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

TheBastirous wrote:I think this eBay listing qualifies as way Way WAY overpriced. Looks like maybe $180-200 if you were buying all the cards at highest current values on the PC and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Swm9lbjx~r
Basically rares (only) from Prem-JP.

For $1000 BIN, you could buy complete sets of all those expansions and still have $300-$400 in your pocket.
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Is "serious buyers only" the single dumbest thing that gets put in eBay/Craigslist postings?

Like, in the history of the world, do you think there has ever been even ONE time that someone was about to buy, but then stopped themselves, because they realized they were a silly buyer instead of a serious one?

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Hunter wrote:
Is "serious buyers only" the single dumbest thing that gets put in eBay/Craigslist postings?

Like, in the history of the world, do you think there has ever been even ONE time that someone was about to buy, but then stopped themselves, because they realized they were a silly buyer instead of a serious one?
My other favorite part is when people say "I looked on eBay and this is the best offer available"

I actually messaged him and told him in as nice a way as possible that he should curb his expectations and he would be lucky to get 300 for it.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by rsersen »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3266674292

$10k for a bunch of Prem-SE cards seems way overpriced.

Then again there’s 150,000 of them, so at $0.15 a card maybe its not that bad.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

but theres so much junk in there
Jerry H

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

I love how he shows the Leia in a hard sleeve and it looks beat up as all hell lol

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by rsersen »

Yeah I’m not sure I would take that lot if it was offered to me for free. The time I’d spend sifting through boxes for playable cards would be more expensive than just buying singles.

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

rsersen wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3266674292

$10k for a bunch of Prem-SE cards seems way overpriced.

Then again there’s 150,000 of them, so at $0.15 a card maybe its not that bad.
Lol, I was coming here to post this exact auction.

Insane.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Lol yeah someone thought they found a goldmine.

The hoth packs are kinda cool. Dunno how much those go for these days, maybe I'll shoot em an offer after their auction inevitably fails.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

the thin white duke

Post by the thin white duke »

I don't know if this is overpriced, but it's interesting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3394810286

Apparently a defect in the foiling of this card. Is that a thing people have seen before?
Good trades with: TechTerror, Ajaxconan, Plumbertim, thefetth, swatt9999, Corran, Atma, AdmiralMotti89, Chris Kelly, Lithy, The Franchise, Dark Deal Abuse, Qui-Gon Vodka
In The Morning!

jetsaredim
GEMP Username: jetsaredim

Post by jetsaredim »

the thin white duke wrote:I don't know if this is overpriced, but it's interesting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 3394810286

Apparently a defect in the foiling of this card. Is that a thing people have seen before?
Interesting, but not $35 interesting. I've seen a few with air bubbles in the middle of the card but nothing like that...

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

I think someone got taken for a ride on this one:
Spoiler
Show

In the description the seller claims he is a landlord who found this collection when a tenant moved out. This collection that basically looks like a bunch of bulk SWCCG with a Lord Vader thrown on top. Also, it's conveniently already packaged in USPS Flat Rate Priority boxes ready to ship. The seller posted 8 or 9 other pics but none of them show anything that isn't visible in the main one.

Looks like somebody dropped over $500 on ~$50 worth of cards.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

3MW0J8 wrote: Looks like somebody dropped over $500 on ~$50 worth of cards.
Were you the seller or something? Protocol is usually a link to the listing. Not a screenshot with the seller's identity blacked out. lol

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I was pretty interested in that one but yeah it was suspicious. When a seller claims not to know much about the cards but has a bunch of mains on top, that's a concern. So also is whatever they mean by "named cards."
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
500+ SWCCG Auctions ending 1/8 and 1/9
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Yeah they are trying to have the best of both worlds. "I know nothing... Except that there's some good ones!" Would have been more believable with no description and carefully hiding the Lord Vader under another card with just the title showing or something.

Looks like it sold though, and maybe I'm an * but I never blame the con-man, only the sucker (unless they are scamming old people or people with intellectual disabilities, but I doubt that's the case here).
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:I was pretty interested in that one but yeah it was suspicious. When a seller claims not to know much about the cards but has a bunch of mains on top, that's a concern.
If you knew nothing about SWCCG, aren't the mains exactly what you would put on top? It would be far more suspicious if the photos featured cards like We Must Accelerate Our Plans/Wokling/etc.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Hunter wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:I was pretty interested in that one but yeah it was suspicious. When a seller claims not to know much about the cards but has a bunch of mains on top, that's a concern.
If you knew nothing about SWCCG, aren't the mains exactly what you would put on top? It would be far more suspicious if the photos featured cards like We Must Accelerate Our Plans/Wokling/etc.
I have actually bought a lot of "I know nothing about these" lots when the risk seems worth it. The ones that usually end up being the best are the ones where a bunch of foils were displayed, since those are assumed to be special, but inside are a lot of good cards, not just playable ones but mains.

If someone knows enough to know which cards are mains and photo them, it tends to be the case that you don't find much of anything better than that in the rest of the lot.

It might be more suspicious if those top interrupts/effects were prominent, but when mains are prominent, it's best to assume that you're seeing the best of what's there, in my experience.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
500+ SWCCG Auctions ending 1/8 and 1/9
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Hunter wrote:
If someone knows enough to know which cards are mains and photo them, it tends to be the case that you don't find much of anything better than that in the rest of the lot.
I say again, if you knew nothing about SWCCG, aren't the Mains exactly what you would put on top? Without question, they are most definitely what I would put on top, if I had never once even heard of this game, and then found myself in possession of cards for it, and decided to sell them.
AdmiralMotti89 wrote: It might be more suspicious if those top interrupts/effects were prominent, but when mains are prominent, it's best to assume that you're seeing the best of what's there, in my experience.
Yes, if the Mains are prominently displayed, it's best to assume you're seeing the best of what's there. Because in general, those are the best of what's in the game. That version of myself (who had never heard of SWCCG) would automatically assume that he should put the Mains on top. But he would be correct in that assumption.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by rsersen »

I mean I’ve pulled 2x LSJK and a Lord Vader out of a $20 “I know nothing” lot, so they’re not all scams. But it’s very rare, and I’m usually pretty skeptical about such listings (especially at a $500 price tag).

The hardest thing to swallow about this story is that someone moved away and left 66 lbs of cards behind. If that’s true, then it would tell me the collection was 99% trash that the owner knew wasn’t worth moving. But even then, I think you’d at least take or sell off the more valuable cards (like Lord Vader) first.

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”