WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
SWCrazy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 28
Joined: March 16th, 2013, 1:55 am

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by SWCrazy »

oh my. that is amazing.

what a great way to dump bad pulls.



muttzen
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 68
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 6:49 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by muttzen »

The wrapper has no "DECIPHER" text on it, does that mean these are resealed?

Guess it may not be overpriced, depending on what's in the boxes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Decipher-Star- ... 2790616367
can I has urf?

mark m.

User avatar
ElDuderino
Member
Posts: 269
Joined: April 18th, 2017, 11:56 pm
Location: Madison, WI
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by ElDuderino »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 8:46 am
I have a lot of factory sealed packs, but not currently any factory UnSealed ones. And I have bought cases of Ref I. Clearly I got lost on my way to the underpriced auction thread before posting this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 2516.l5255
Lol. Once it's "unsealed," why not just show the cards? Probably would never get $25 for them.

wscii712
Starter
Starter
Posts: 11
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by wscii712 »

muttzen wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 12:45 pm
The wrapper has no "DECIPHER" text on it, does that mean these are resealed?

Guess it may not be overpriced, depending on what's in the boxes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Decipher-Star- ... 2790616367
Wow great catch. I know that some of the earlier sets don't have the "Decipher" on the plastic, so I went and checked my sealed collection. The one Hoth BB box I have DOES have the Decipher (as does every box after), whereas none of my ANH or Premiere BB boxes do. The plastic on the box in the listing also looks very clean and fresh; the non-Decipher shrink wrap on the Prem/ANH boxes I have is thicker/duller (not really sure how to describe). Lastly, even though the box itself is in good shape, the edge where the box would be opened/folded appears to show some wear, but it may just be glare on the shrink wrap or not. Definitely possible that it's a reseal.

ZapR
Starter
Starter
Posts: 40
Joined: October 7th, 2019, 12:20 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by ZapR »

wscii712 wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 1:20 pm
muttzen wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 12:45 pm
The wrapper has no "DECIPHER" text on it, does that mean these are resealed?

Guess it may not be overpriced, depending on what's in the boxes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Decipher-Star- ... 2790616367
Wow great catch. I know that some of the earlier sets don't have the "Decipher" on the plastic, so I went and checked my sealed collection. The one Hoth BB box I have DOES have the Decipher (as does every box after), whereas none of my ANH or Premiere BB boxes do. The plastic on the box in the listing also looks very clean and fresh; the non-Decipher shrink wrap on the Prem/ANH boxes I have is thicker/duller (not really sure how to describe). Lastly, even though the box itself is in good shape, the edge where the box would be opened/folded appears to show some wear, but it may just be glare on the shrink wrap or not. Definitely possible that it's a reseal.
I was just thinking that maybe some early Hoth boxes were shipped out with the old wrap and the later ones with the Decipher-wrap. Tonight I can check my own boxes and let you know. I bought them on release day.

wscii712
Starter
Starter
Posts: 11
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by wscii712 »

ZapR wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 1:42 pm
wscii712 wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 1:20 pm
muttzen wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 12:45 pm
The wrapper has no "DECIPHER" text on it, does that mean these are resealed?

Guess it may not be overpriced, depending on what's in the boxes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Decipher-Star- ... 2790616367
Wow great catch. I know that some of the earlier sets don't have the "Decipher" on the plastic, so I went and checked my sealed collection. The one Hoth BB box I have DOES have the Decipher (as does every box after), whereas none of my ANH or Premiere BB boxes do. The plastic on the box in the listing also looks very clean and fresh; the non-Decipher shrink wrap on the Prem/ANH boxes I have is thicker/duller (not really sure how to describe). Lastly, even though the box itself is in good shape, the edge where the box would be opened/folded appears to show some wear, but it may just be glare on the shrink wrap or not. Definitely possible that it's a reseal.
I was just thinking that maybe some early Hoth boxes were shipped out with the old wrap and the later ones with the Decipher-wrap. Tonight I can check my own boxes and let you know. I bought them on release day.
I was wondering if that might be the case; I only have the one. I'll look at the serial number on the bottom later and we can compare.

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1955
Joined: February 28th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Both of my Hoth boxes are deciphery
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 126
Joined: March 29th, 2020, 2:21 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by ConnorPsh »

The hoth box I opened had decipher shrink wrap too.
:epic: Returning Collector, Gameplay Illiterate :epic:

ZapR
Starter
Starter
Posts: 40
Joined: October 7th, 2019, 12:20 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by ZapR »

Yep, my Hoth boxes have Decipher wrap. That makes me skeptical of a box that doesn't have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acoDdf ... p=drivesdk]

muttzen
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 68
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 6:49 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by muttzen »

This one too... no decipher wrap. Might have to watch out for this.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3509989689

compared to

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 4255606663

This one only has it on the bottom, maybe theres variation?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 7675.l2557
Last edited by muttzen on June 11th, 2020, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
can I has urf?

mark m.

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1955
Joined: February 28th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Now I am getting paranoid, need to check all my boxes lol.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

wscii712
Starter
Starter
Posts: 11
Joined: May 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by wscii712 »

muttzen wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm
This one only has it on the bottom, maybe theres variation?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... 7675.l2557
Interesting, I noticed that some of my boxes didn't have the Decipher on the bottom. Maybe that box was sealed upside down?
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Now I am getting paranoid, need to check all my boxes lol.
lol same. I'm going to look at each one tonight.

muttzen
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 68
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 6:49 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by muttzen »

Every one of my post ANH boxes is deciphery at least somewhere.
can I has urf?

mark m.

Rev0lution
Starter
Starter
Posts: 10
Joined: June 7th, 2018, 10:37 am

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Rev0lution »

muttzen wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 7:21 pm
Every one of my post ANH boxes is deciphery at least somewhere.
Just checked all my boxes, same. That DS2 without decipher on it is VERY odd... Not saying it's cracked and re-sealed but it's unusual.

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
Posts: 729
Joined: November 14th, 2003, 2:46 pm
Location: Modesto, California

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Clayton Atkin »

Holy Crap!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw7P1e4D6P

This just showed up as sold. Wow.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

User avatar
Hutch
Member
Posts: 1687
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 2:01 pm
Location: The Far Side of the World
GEMP Username: hutch

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Hutch »

Yeah, sad to see how high this one is selling for. It’s the last AI I need from Episode 1 sets (not counting foils).
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.
Image

Rev0lution
Starter
Starter
Posts: 10
Joined: June 7th, 2018, 10:37 am

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Rev0lution »

Clayton Atkin wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 10:22 pm
Holy Crap!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw7P1e4D6P

This just showed up as sold. Wow.
Yeah that seller's having a field day, they also just sold a complete set of tourney foils for $1800! The individual parts can be bought for ~$900 (albeit this might be a bit low given the recent price increases). Good for him, bad for me as someone who's still collecting.

theb_bailey
Starter
Starter
Posts: 17
Joined: March 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by theb_bailey »

Rev0lution wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 9:00 am
Clayton Atkin wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 10:22 pm
Holy Crap!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-CCG- ... Sw7P1e4D6P

This just showed up as sold. Wow.
Yeah that seller's having a field day, they also just sold a complete set of tourney foils for $1800! The individual parts can be bought for ~$900 (albeit this might be a bit low given the recent price increases). Good for him, bad for me as someone who's still collecting.
Wow. I regret selling my set last year... I'm starting to regret ALL my sales of the past year... Haha! Seriously though, It used to be that we'd just be able to look the people who are thinking "It's vintage Star Wars! It's valuable!" and laugh, but now I'm worried they're beginning to be able to define the pricing for the rest of us. I'm trying to complete a couple of last sets for myself, and the amount I was already a bit hesitant to spend has literally doubled over the past two weeks... Crazy! I don't like this feeling. I'm going to go through my Ebay store and just slash prices now. Screw it.
Last edited by theb_bailey on June 12th, 2020, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

theb_bailey
Starter
Starter
Posts: 17
Joined: March 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by theb_bailey »

Hutch wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 8:30 am
Yeah, sad to see how high this one is selling for. It’s the last AI I need from Episode 1 sets (not counting foils).
Yeah, that's one I need too. I was the one bidding $99 (and uncomfortably went a little higher than that even), but last second... Will I really have to pay the $199 others have set it to to get it?? Come on!

User avatar
Platypus
Member
Posts: 6806
Joined: June 27th, 2004, 11:25 pm
Location: Louisville, KY
GEMP Username: platy

Re: WAY OVERPRICED eBay Auctions

Post by Platypus »

Checked my sealed stuff, it all had "decipher" on it somewhere, but the bottoms tended to be without that.
BSG 13-6 AGOT 2-0 AH 1-0 I also played SWCCG :)

Post Reply

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”