Original 17 VSet PDFs for reference

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
Throdo

Original 17 VSet PDFs for reference

Post by Throdo »

I have done my best to gather the original 17 virtual set pdfs prior to sets switching to the block format and am providing them here for reference to make sense of old event decklists. As far as I know, these are all the earliest versions of each set upon release, with no errata affecting them. Most of these did undergo some changes over time, and the earliest ones went through the redux, reedit, and the revolution! So while these pdfs will tell you what cards originally did, they don't show every iteration of each card.

The 18th vset became the first part of block 6 when the PC switched over to the block format. These 17 sets became blocks 1-5. You can find a good summary of all block format cards in the Legacy master pdfs.

Throdo

Re: Original 17 VSet PDFs for reference

Post by Throdo »

ZIP of all original v1-17 sets

I had to host this on a different site since the original upload of it was missing the earliest v11 and I can't upload attachments in this forum. It is corrected now. Enjoy!
Last edited by Throdo on July 19th, 2016, 11:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Moved this to the collecting thread.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Great, thanks!

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Is there a good history of the Redux, Revloution, (Reset) and what not? It seems like it may be interesting information.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

Not a good one.

Redux reduced the power curve massively. Mostly impacted sets 8 and later. I think it was early 2006

Re edit redid formatting and v wording of all cards. I believe late 2006. Relatively few gameplay changes.

Redo was early 2008. Changes were almost exclusively to pullers and pull chains.

Revolution was mid 2009. Changed objs, starting interrupts, starting ratios , global modifiers, non retrieval retrieval, and adds to power was limited to 3.

Reset was summer 2014. Eliminated almost the entire virtual card pool.
Well, Bye.

Plumbertim
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Plumbertim »

Throdo wrote:I have done my best to gather the original 17 virtual set pdfs prior to sets switching to the block format and am providing them here for reference to make sense of old event decklists. As far as I know, these are all the earliest versions of each set upon release, with no errata affecting them. Most of these did undergo some changes over time, and the earliest ones went through the redux, reedit, and the revolution! So while these pdfs will tell you what cards originally did, they don't show every iteration of each card.

The 18th vset became the first part of block 6 when the PC switched over to the block format. These 17 sets became blocks 1-5. You can find a good summary of all block format cards in the Legacy master pdfs.
Thanks Bro! This will be fun reading.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

For anyone who downloaded the earlier ZIP attachment with all the v-sets, the v11 pdf wasn't the earliest version. The ZIP has now been corrected. You can download v11 alone here too.

Weyoun9846135
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

Throdo wrote:I have done my best to gather the original 17 virtual set pdfs prior to sets switching to the block format and am providing them here for reference to make sense of old event decklists. As far as I know, these are all the earliest versions of each set upon release, with no errata affecting them. Most of these did undergo some changes over time, and the earliest ones went through the redux, reedit, and the revolution! So while these pdfs will tell you what cards originally did, they don't show every iteration of each card.

Why are you so sure it's been 17 sets that went into blocks 1-5? According to my research, sets 1-18 did, the 18th beging "Fifth Anthology". Check my detailing here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8350&start=20#p1129643
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

Weyoun9846135
GEMP Username: Weyoun9846

Post by Weyoun9846135 »

fungineer wrote:Is there a good history of the Redux, Revloution, (Reset) and what not? It seems like it may be interesting information.
AnakinSolo wrote:Not a good one.

Redux reduced the power curve massively. Mostly impacted sets 8 and later. I think it was early 2006

Re edit redid formatting and v wording of all cards. I believe late 2006. Relatively few gameplay changes.

Redo was early 2008. Changes were almost exclusively to pullers and pull chains.

Revolution was mid 2009. Changed objs, starting interrupts, starting ratios , global modifiers, non retrieval retrieval, and adds to power was limited to 3.

Reset was summer 2014. Eliminated almost the entire virtual card pool.
Found this regarding dates:

- Redux 1.0 (2007)
- Re-Edit (2007)
- CBT Erratas (2008)
- "Non-Redux" (December 2008)
- Revolution (August 2009)
- V-Card reset (September 2014)
Ulli R. - Berlin, Germany

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Weyoun9846135 wrote:

Why are you so sure it's been 17 sets that went into blocks 1-5? According to my research, sets 1-18 did, the 18th beging "Fifth Anthology". Check my detailing here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8350&start=20#p1129643
See my post in the other thread. Virtual Set 18 was originally promoted as 5th anthology, but when it was actually released, it was Block 6 (it got changed to block 6 the week before it was officially released to the public, or there abouts. My memory is hazy, but that is right when I took over creating the pdfs.)

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

JediJer wrote:Moved this to the collecting thread.
Can you sticky this JJ or any other mod? Some other things like this that I've put together have been eaten by the boards. This is the history of the game so it should be somewhere. Thanks.

Maybe it can replace the 10 year old stickied post about uncut sheets that doesn't have any info in it that is relevant anymore for example. Thanks.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Throdo wrote:
JediJer wrote:Moved this to the collecting thread.
Can you sticky this JJ or any other mod? Some other things like this that I've put together have been eaten by the boards. This is the history of the game so it should be somewhere. Thanks.

Maybe it can replace the 10 year old stickied post about uncut sheets that doesn't have any info in it that is relevant anymore for example. Thanks.
I have it saved if it ever goes away too, but it'd be nice not to lose or other important stuff to purges.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

This forum doesn't get pruned, so the only way it gets lost is if we lose the database (in which case there's a bigger issue, and these would be the last of my worries)

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

JediJer wrote:This forum doesn't get pruned, so the only way it gets lost is if we lose the database (in which case there's a bigger issue, and these would be the last of my worries)
Ok thanks!

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”