What's the Holy Grail of swccg?

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

What's the Holy Grail of swccg?

Post by shawnd1984 »

Is it the Imperial Star Destroyer foil? What singel item would fetch the most? That star destroyer is like 400 bucks.

3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

vhstapes

Re: What's the Holy Grail of swccg?

Post by vhstapes »

shawnd1984 wrote:Is it the Imperial Star Destroyer foil? What singel item would fetch the most? That star destroyer is like 400 bucks.
I think the ds-backed ls rares from Hoth are more expensive but I could be wrong, don't know much about the collector side of this game.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

vhstapes wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:Is it the Imperial Star Destroyer foil? What singel item would fetch the most? That star destroyer is like 400 bucks.
I think the ds-backed ls rares from Hoth are more expensive but I could be wrong, don't know much about the collector side of this game.
Yeah there was a recent post on the trading forum where a DS backed Commander Luke was auctimed for $999, but sold for $350 (I think?). I also could've sworn that someone mentioned foil Corellian corvettes being scarce.

liquidgold
Starter
Starter

Post by liquidgold »

I would think Reflections Gold would be the grail.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

My wb baron fel :-D

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

liquidgold wrote:I would think Reflections Gold would be the grail.
Any specific card? Probably a dumb question.

liquidgold
Starter
Starter

Post by liquidgold »

Not sure if any one card...would imagine having the whole set would be Holy Grail level

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

The Executive sets have really skyrocketed.. I think I'd rather have a mint sealed Executive set than just about anything.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

3MW0J8 wrote:The Executive sets have really skyrocketed.. I think I'd rather have a mint sealed Executive set than just about anything.
Yeah I see these on eBay for like 3 grand. What's even in the set?

meaglyn
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by meaglyn »

It doesn't matter what's in it if you aren't going to open it :)

The collecting book says it's a "cut set" of premiere. I assume that's a cut up set of full sheets.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

it's one complete set of bb premiere, plus an almost complete second set

thewhenson
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by thewhenson »

The Executive Set is probably the right answer. Although I've seen Reflections II and III boxes go for crazy money on ebay lately, as they have collector and player value.

A mint Japanese Darth Vader is the most valuable single. Foil ICSD is right there, with some of the other Japanese mains on the next tier with DMYA AI foil. Then there's foil Corvette, LSJK, Emperor and the E1 AIs in the $50-100 range.

The dark side backed light Hoth rares are hard to come by, Commander Luke is probably in the upper tier of singles. If there's an uncut sheet of those out there, that is extremely rare.

The true Holy Grail would be any Han card signed by Harrison Ford.

Or better yet, a Jyn Erso signed, "Felicity xoxo call me 555-1234"

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

thewhenson wrote:The Executive Set is probably the right answer. Although I've seen Reflections II and III boxes go for crazy money on ebay lately, as they have collector and player value.

A mint Japanese Darth Vader is the most valuable single. Foil ICSD is right there, with some of the other Japanese mains on the next tier with DMYA AI foil. Then there's foil Corvette, LSJK, Emperor and the E1 AIs in the $50-100 range.

The dark side backed light Hoth rares are hard to come by, Commander Luke is probably in the upper tier of singles. If there's an uncut sheet of those out there, that is extremely rare.

The true Holy Grail would be any Han card signed by Harrison Ford.

Or better yet, a Jyn Erso signed, "Felicity xoxo call me 555-1234"
What about a Billy Dee Williams autographed Lando calrissian scoundrel?

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

I used to have two Reflections Gold cards; gave them away as prizes for some special SWCCG tournaments I ran a handful of years ago. Reid, were you one of the winners? My memory is fuzzy.

I also used to own a sealed Executive Gift Set. It was a waste of money. I couldn’t help but crack it and poof, there went most of its value.

Gosh I want two foil General Solos singed (on the picture, cuz of v-slip) by Ford so badly...
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

liquidgold
Starter
Starter

Post by liquidgold »

Had not thought about the autographed cards. Is Harrison Ford the hardest to get to sign? Love the Jyn Erso comment!

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

liquidgold wrote:Had not thought about the autographed cards. Is Harrison Ford the hardest to get to sign? Love the Jyn Erso comment!
Probably Carrie Fisher. WOMP WOMPPPPPP

But in all seriousness, Ford would be the hardest...seems like he has some active disdain for fans. For the record, I don't blame him for wanting to be left alone at this point in his life.

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

My personal Holy Grail that's in my collection is my Kenny Baker autographed Artoo. I have 60+ of the various versions of R2 (primarily ANH R2-D2). I used to trade for them from the younger kids when I had something they really wanted but didn't really have anything of value to trade to me. It's one that they're not making anymore of...RIP Kenny!
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Xanth wrote:I used to have two Reflections Gold cards; gave them away as prizes for some special SWCCG tournaments I ran a handful of years ago. Reid, were you one of the winners? My memory is fuzzy.
Nah man. I do however have a full set of Ref Gold that I printed out on my Epson Workforce 60, and I defy you to tell me they aren't original Decipher PT versions! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I also used to own a sealed Executive Gift Set. It was a waste of money. I couldn’t help but crack it and poof, there went most of its value.
Worst decision of your life man. C'mon, you knew what was inside, what did you think Warren Holland autographed a mint Black Lotus and snuck into one of the 250? :facepalm:
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

3MW0J8 wrote:
Xanth wrote:I used to have two Reflections Gold cards; gave them away as prizes for some special SWCCG tournaments I ran a handful of years ago. Reid, were you one of the winners? My memory is fuzzy.
Nah man. I do however have a full set of Ref Gold that I printed out on my Epson Workforce 60, and I defy you to tell me they aren't original Decipher PT versions! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Worst decision of your life man. C'mon, you knew what was inside, what did you think Warren Holland autographed a mint Black Lotus and snuck into one of the 250? :facepalm:
I actually had no idea at all what was inside. I even asked here and nobody gave me a sure answer. This was back in 2012 I believe. But yeah... lesson learned the hard way. Definitely not the worst decision in my life though, heh.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Theres no way the executive set is the holy grail.... it's 1.8 sets of bb crammed into a box. Theres on on ebay for 2k that won't sell and no recent sold listings at all.
--

i'd say that the imp class and Japanese vader are 1-2. I think the misprints are neat but they don't like capstone my collection. ai coruscant maul is up there too.

--
autographs don't count in my opinion-- like they are great if you got them yourself, my raphel asselin cap han signed card is one of my favorites... my "brian hunter you suck, Crusher" yannic signature on my ai phantom menace is up there too... but they'd be pretty lame if i didn't know the backstory. In terms of actors like uh yeah I guess but how do you rank them and if i met harrison ford id rather talk to him then ask him to sign a playing card.

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”