What's the Holy Grail of swccg?

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
thewhenson
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Re: What's the Holy Grail of swccg?

Post by thewhenson »

Bump per the current inflation insanity. Are we going to see some of these rarer items on the block? I ain't no economist, but it stands to reason that sellers may enter the market with prices so high.

Reflections Gold, with provenance, could fetch a pretty penny.

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

thewhenson wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Bump per the current inflation insanity. Are we going to see some of these rarer items on the block? I ain't no economist, but it stands to reason that sellers may enter the market with prices so high.

Well a TK-421 surfaced on eBay a week ago and went for $250. First reflections gold up on there in forever. I wonder what my dagobah and CC playtest cards could go for...
:epic: Returning Collector, Gameplay Illiterate :epic:

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

thewhenson wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Also, I wanted to point out that the EPP Theed tournament foils saw a massive spike recently, but with that tons of them are starting to go up. I think there's far more of those out there than people think. They really aren't CC / ICSD level.

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

Just a heads up for the completists out there, or anyone who may just want one. Wildthingsgames on ebay just listed 3 foil Corellian Corvettes at 149.88 each.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

Clayton Atkin wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm
Just a heads up for the completists out there, or anyone who may just want one. Wildthingsgames on ebay just listed 3 foil Corellian Corvettes at 149.88 each.
Wow they're definitely testing the market. They sold out at $100 month ago (I actually grabbed one from that listing), then a few weeks ago they had them up for $125 I think, and now $150. Still a good deal imo

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

ConnorPsh wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Clayton Atkin wrote:
Wow they're definitely testing the market. They sold out at $100 month ago (I actually grabbed one from that listing), then a few weeks ago they had them up for $125 I think, and now $150. Still a good deal imo
You really can't blame him. He sold out at $100.00, and then at $125.00. I agree that this is still a good price at $150.00. There are far less of these than the foil Maul with light-saber, which has been getting over $150 lately.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

Clayton Atkin wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:27 pm
ConnorPsh wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:15 pm
Clayton Atkin wrote:
You really can't blame him. He sold out at $100.00, and then at $125.00. I agree that this is still a good price at $150.00. There are far less of these than the foil Maul with light-saber, which has been getting over $150 lately.
Absolutely. $100 and $125 felt like he was practically giving them away. I wonder how many they've got, the slow trickle of supply is doing a good job of keeping them scarce.

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

The Luke sold for $600 from Reflections Gold here recently.

I sent a whole binder of my Reflections Gold cards to the PC when I sold them everything back in June of 2016. I remember Chris saying that it did not arrive with the rest of the cards. I was hoping he just hadn't gone through everything and it was still there. I really hope it was not lost, it was around half of the set and if you figure by the value they are getting now......that's a lot of money!

Rev0lution
Starter
Starter

Post by Rev0lution »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 11:54 am
The Luke sold for $600 from Reflections Gold here recently.

I sent a whole binder of my Reflections Gold cards to the PC when I sold them everything back in June of 2016. I remember Chris saying that it did not arrive with the rest of the cards. I was hoping he just hadn't gone through everything and it was still there. I really hope it was not lost, it was around half of the set and if you figure by the value they are getting now......that's a lot of money!
Wait... did you ship ALL your cards at once and just the Reflections Gold cards were missing? Or did you send individual shipments and the Reflections Gold shipment went missing? That's really bizarre...

Didn't someone have a set of Reflections Gold that was (mega-paraphrasing) "FUBAR'd while someone was intoxicated"? Are these cards cursed?

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”