offline + online Vkit: Print only v-cards that you want!

hyvee_doughboy

offline + online Vkit: Print only v-cards that you want!

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Print off only the Virtual Cards (or Errata) that you want!

This tool allows you to print off a specific list of virtual cards instead of printing off entire pages of the official Master PDFs. You can access this tool 2 ways:

Latest update: 03/26/2020 (Added March 2020 Errata + BB version of Starkiller Base Shield Control)

1) Web Version: Hosted on this site!:
https://www.starwarsccg.org/vkit

Note: this functions the same was as the offline-version, but is cross-platform and you don't need to download anything.

2) Download the offline-version (Windows Only). You can always get the latest version of the app from this post (I will periodically update the link below)

Standard:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhHDYf ... sp=sharing

Legacy: (Has standard cards from the time it was released...No updates are planned)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxWtyy ... sp=sharing

Decipher Errata: (Requires "Standard" download)
If you'd like to print off the Decipher Errata slips in offline-mode, please download the file below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLys0h ... sp=sharing
Unzip the above file and copy all of the folders into the folder named "standard" in the normal vkit app.

Instructions For Using Vkit:
1) Download the latest .zip file
2) Unzip the .zip file
3) Launch the "VkitDesktop.exe"
4) Select any cards that you want and add them to the list on the right. You can use the search feature to easily filter your results.
5) Click "Generate PDF" to generate a PDF containing all of your selections
6) Print the PDF using whatever tool you like (typically Adobe Acrobat Reader). Make sure that you turn off any scaling on the printing screen.

A couple neat features:
1) You can select "Add WB" to add White-border versions of the cards instead of black border. (useful since the Master.pdf only has black-border)
2) Import/Export to save your current list and share it with others
3) Import from Holotable Deck (attempts to automatically find all of the virtual cards from your deck and add them to the list.)

Limitations:
1) The downloadable version only works on Windows (sorry - no Mac support is planned). Mac users can use the web version.
2) Large (~360 MB)

A few other notes:
1) This tools is really easy to add new cards to and update. All you need to do is add a new folder with the card-name and put the new image in the folder and name it image.png.

Questions/Comments/Problems: post in this forums.

If you share this program with others, please send them the link to *this* original post. Do not send them the Google Drive links because they change periodically. The latest version will always be posted here.

-tom
Last edited by hyvee_doughboy on March 26th, 2020, 4:38 pm, edited 85 times in total.

Tom M. - Maple Grove, Minnesota

matt4mat
Anthology
Anthology

Re: offline version of Vkit available

Post by matt4mat »

I'll definitely check this out. How up to date is it right now? only what vkit had?
spideyguy0 wrote:you mean like flight of the navigator? thats just a movie man that can't really happen. c'mon we're talking about star wars here, this * has to be scientifically accurate
Haves/Wants; Google Spreadsheet

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

matt4mat wrote:I'll definitely check this out. How up to date is it right now? only what vkit had?
Yup - Exactly what vkit has right now, so some stuff is a little out of date (like Main Power Generators, etc). However, it's easy to update (just swapping out the image in the card's folder). *If* people start using it and find a list of things that are out of date, I can try to get updated images out of the master pdf.

-tom

matt4mat
Anthology
Anthology

Post by matt4mat »

Weird instance:
if you don't have your last card also be the last alphabetically, a number of the v-slips don't get added to the PDF.

Example: Added the following:
A Jedi's Patience (v)
A Sith's Weapon
Abyssin Ornament (v)
A Jedi's Patience (v)
A Tremor in the Force (v)

Only the 1st three get added to the PDF. If Bail is then added at the bottom, all 6 are added.

Otherwise, pretty solid.
spideyguy0 wrote:you mean like flight of the navigator? thats just a movie man that can't really happen. c'mon we're talking about star wars here, this * has to be scientifically accurate

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

matt4mat wrote:Weird instance:
if you don't have your last card also be the last alphabetically, a number of the v-slips don't get added to the PDF.

Example: Added the following:
A Jedi's Patience (v)
A Sith's Weapon
Abyssin Ornament (v)
A Jedi's Patience (v)
A Tremor in the Force (v)

Only the 1st three get added to the PDF. If Bail is then added at the bottom, all 6 are added.

Otherwise, pretty solid.
Strange. I'll look at it tonight and try to post a fix. I didn't do a lot of testing, so I may have missed something. Stay tuned.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

There was a bug in the initial version where if you had an incomplete "row" of cards it wouldn't print them. I've temporarily fixed this by just adding 2 dummy rectangles to fill up the last row.

I've also updated it to organize the cards a little better so that it fits more cards on each page.

I've updated the link in the original post to point to the new version. If people find more issues, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it ASAP. If it works for people and you're using it, please let me know via PM or email.

-tom

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

cool program! you are the man sir. it looks like you may have missed most of the virtual locations? just fyi
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Aglets wrote:cool program! you are the man sir. it looks like you may have missed most of the virtual locations? just fyi
Some night when I have some spare time, I'll try to see what I'm missing and add them in. I wrote a tool to automatically pull in all the vcards and their images, and it's possible the was a bug in my crawler.

Adding new cards is really easy. All you need to do is add a folder inside the "vcards" folder with the card name, and then put a file named "image.png" in that folder. The trickiest part is just making sure that the card sizes exactly match the others.

If you guys find other problems, ( or if someone else wants to tell me exactly what cards are missing/stale) please post it in this thread.

I hope to have some time to work on this over the weekend.

EDIT: I wrote a script to find all the cards I"m missing, and there is a lot (184 by my script). Most are new things, but there's some old stuff too. Strange. Anyway, I have my list,now I just need to go fetch images for all of them.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

I've just posted a link to a new version that I believe has all of the cards through Virtual Set 8.2. There were a couple glitches in my original data-puller which barfed whenever it hit some special characters (most noticably anything with a ':' was originally missed...which was every site in the game).

Anyway, it should be all good now. I've posted a new link in the original post.

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

this is awesome. is there anyway you can resize some of it so 3 rows of full slips fit on a page (9 total) instead of 2 rows and a bunch of empty space?
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Hobbie wrote:this is awesome. is there anyway you can resize some of it so 3 rows of full slips fit on a page (9 total) instead of 2 rows and a bunch of empty space?
I noticed that in the latest version too. Not sure what's going on there. I'll try to take a look this weekend and will post back here if I get it fixed.

I also plan to get the new persona changes added this weekend too. Stay tuned.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

3 updates:
1) Added all the new Persona changes (I left the old ones in as well for now during the transition. Will remove old ones later)
2) Added LS Alter
3) Now prints out 9 full-images per page instead of the previous 6.

Updated link to download is in the original post.

Let me know if you find more issues and I'll try to fix them.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

This is great! Thanks so much for your hard work.

matt4mat
Anthology
Anthology

Post by matt4mat »

Thanks so much for doing this.

As far as the old persona names, I'm kind of attached to them. If I want to keep them, I just need to keep the image & image folder in the vcards folder, right?

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

matt4mat wrote:Thanks so much for doing this.

As far as the old persona names, I'm kind of attached to them. If I want to keep them, I just need to keep the image & image folder in the vcards folder, right?
Yup, exactly.

JosephPhillips

Post by JosephPhillips »

This is awesome, thanks for doing the work to put this together!
"Real wisdom is knowing when to learn from your own mistakes and when to learn from the mistakes of others."

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

I know this isn't what you're responsible for, but since the program is built, I figured i'd at least ask.

Is there anyway to integrate this into holodeck so after you build a deck, you can click "print virtual pdf" or something and all of the v-cards in the deck are put on a pdf to be printed? i know nothing about programming, so i don't know how easy it would be to link the programs/coding, etc. just a thought i had.

this really is awesome!
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Hobbie wrote:I know this isn't what you're responsible for, but since the program is built, I figured i'd at least ask.

Is there anyway to integrate this into holodeck so after you build a deck, you can click "print virtual pdf" or something and all of the v-cards in the deck are put on a pdf to be printed? i know nothing about programming, so i don't know how easy it would be to link the programs/coding, etc. just a thought i had.

this really is awesome!
That might be possible. I've actually never used holotable before. Does it give you the option to export decks? If so, could you or someone else send me a "deck file". If its easy to parse, I might be able to add a feature like that.

Email it to: hyvee_doughboy@hotmail.com or post it somewhere and I'll take a look.

EDIT: To clarify: I wouldn't be able to modify holotable (don't have the source), but I may be able to have my program read the holotable data files and generate off of those.

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

ya, it exports to a .txt
Attachments
Scoundrel WYS.txt
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Scoundrel WYS.txt
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
--Nate Davis

hyvee_doughboy

Post by hyvee_doughboy »

Hobbie wrote:ya, it exports to a .txt
Seems easy enough. I'll play around with it when I get some time.

Return to “Announcements”