Euro Emperor Farewell and Call for Marketing Advocate Applications

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Euro Emperor Farewell and Call for Marketing Advocate Applications

Post by Shadow 14 »

As many of you know, I am stepping down as marketing advocate soon. It has already been announced at Euro Worlds, but I would now like to say a few official words to the rest of the community as well.

I already wanted to step down a while ago, but promised to stay till Euro Worlds and wanted to finish some remaining projects till the end of this year. We will have prize support, which many of you have come to love, for the whole next year.

Prize Support Packages for 2020 can be found here:
/viewt ... b2540afd9a

League Kits for 2020 can be found here:
/viewt ... b2540afd9a

There are still a few things I’m working on, that should give my fellow advocates the time to find a suitable replacement. I have just received the pins for the Endor Grand Prix, and will work on a few more of these. The donation program 2020 will also be posted soon, and I am excited to bring (at least) a few v-lite cards back, because I know many of you loved them.

Please understand that I don't leave because of any incidents. This is a retirement and not a resignation. A part of me wishes I could stay longer, but my personal situation makes it too difficult. I have already dragged it out beyond a healthy point to be honest. My company is doing well and expanding, and we have expanded the intercontinental market (more business outside of Europe), which is a lot of extra work. At home the situation is demanding, too. My little boy, Luke, is a handful (like his father before him), and at age 50 it doesn't get any easier. ;) My big son, Clint, is now also living with us, and also works with me, doing a three year dual education at my company and at school. So, I have already had a pretty insane work load before, and now it's become "worse" (in the sense of time management, I love having both of my boys at home). The advocate position is often like a second job, and that is just something I cannot keep up with anymore.

When I started this position there were several things I wanted to do, good prize support being the main thing. Looking at the latest OCS statistics there have been 300 OCS games MORE this year, I am happy to have played my part in that. At this point I need to thank Tamas (yoda007)Papp, who has already taken over my Euro tourney duties as Supreme Leader Papp (there can only be one Euro Emperor). ;) And of course especially “Mr. Kevceiver”, Kevin (DarthEweuge) Jaap, for making all this prize support possible. They are both still where they are, and I’ll continue to help them where I can. I will stay with the Graphics department for now. Set 11 worked very well, especially considering that we did a whole set as surprise boosters at 2 events, and also did the simultaneous release of the Gemp images. We have a good team of 6-7 people now. Otherwise we'd never been able to bring you 40 or so new images.
Another goal I had was bringing the two main parts of our community closer together, and I am happy to see that the community has grown into one (before we had 2 separate entities, North America and Europe). Having 25 Americans at Euro Worlds is awesome! I really couldn't have asked for a better farewell.

I know I couldn’t do the job of marketing advocate justice by staying and only working at less than full force (pun intended), so I will rather leave at a high point. The advocates can always count on me in an advisory position (as they could before I became an advocate), but the main work has to be done by a new advocate now. That said…

We are looking for a new marketing advocate

The marketing advocate is responsible for developing marketing plans and ideas to help facilitate growth of the game and the PC organization, and working with the necessary teams to turn those ideas into fruition. He is also responsible for regular communication and high-level decision-making with the other Advocates.

If you're interested in applying for this position, please send an email to communications@starwarsccg.org and answer the following questions:

1. Name?
2. Forum screenname?
3. Typical activity level on the forums (times a week you visit, time spent on site)? Are you able to devote more time than that?
4. Past/Present volunteer positions you've held with the PC?
5. Why are you interested in applying for this position?
6. Paragraph discussing what makes you stand out as a volunteer, including your three biggest strengths and your biggest weakness.
7. Please describe any relevant experience you have in the field of marketing.
8. What else qualifies you specifically for this position? i.e., what would you be able to bring to the table?
9. Do you have any ideas and/or skills in the fields of eSports, Online Gaming or digital marketing, which you would like to develop for the PC?

Especially the last question concerns something, which I could not really do justice in my time as an advocate. On one hand because we are still in the process of developing Gemp to a level where we can do all the stuff we want it to do. And of course because I’m an ancient old geezer who is not as good in these areas as some of you guys are. I will look forward to seeing what you will come up with.

So, I’d like to thank my fellow advocates, the marketing and graphics teams, and every-one who made this job easier, and I am sorry if I have made any-one’s job harder. Most was already said at Euro Worlds and the awesome trip afterwards.

You will continue seeing me... (don't) worry.
I hope to start playing again, when things have settled down a bit. This is the best game ever, and the best community! But for now I have done my 3 years of advocate and my 4 tours of duty. 16 years of uninterrupted work, as any good German chancellor, and now it's time for me to enjoy all this for a change. See you guys soon!

Chris Menzel

Euro Emperor eternally ;)

Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: Euro Emperor Farewell and Call for Marketing Advocate Applications

Post by chriskelly »

I said what needed to be said privately, but Chris- thank you so much. With everything behind the scenes you have been so great, helpful and encouraging to work with. I will miss you an incredible amount. Your service was an incredible asset to this game and our community.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

You've set the bar high my friend, I don't envy the next person who takes on the role.

Thank you seems too simple of a phrase, but it's all we've got.

Thank you

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

<3 still one of the best members of the community. Chris you are one of 2 people that without you, this community would have died. Others could have been replaced or someone else stepped up in their place (not to discount their work). But without you and your hard work, there is no Euro world's or likely an euro scene. Retire well knowing you did an amazing job and our community is better for it.

Good luck to the poor sap/saps that take on all you've done. They'll need it.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Please continue being awesome.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

Silverglen
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: silverglen

Post by Silverglen »

download.jpg
download.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
Welsh National Winner 2019, 5th Euro 2018, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

You are incredible, Chris.

I'm glad you'll still be a part of the community, even if having to take a step back from the volunteering.

I look forward to seeing you again, friend.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Thank you for your service!
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I think I said everything privately in Germany, but I love you and thanks for all that you’ve done. You’re tremendous.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I would like to thanks all of you for all the love!

Had a tough few works at work and this was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks my friends!!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Thekillerkiwi
GEMP Username: killerkiwi

Post by Thekillerkiwi »

Thank you for all that you have done for this community and also for being a part of my documentary.
Brandon Baity
2020 Endor League Champion

Please support my SWCCG Documentary - https://www.gofundme.com/star-wars-ccg-documentary

Check out my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/thenanashi

Twotak

Post by Twotak »

Now as i becomes clear to all who have ever met you, it it obvious that the One thing you really need to do from here on out is to take it STEADYYY .

Who knew the Gungans would surpass the Emperor. I see a Whole different plotline for the upcomming movie EP 9 .. you do the math..... #jarjarforlife #*

See you out there old friend it has been a hell of a ride!
Rasmus Juul. Winner of No Turnement ever

TechTerror
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

Shadow 14 wrote:Set 11 worked very well, especially considering that we did a whole set as surprise boosters at 2 events,
Thanks for including Tatooine regionals as one of these 2 events. I don't know if it was just you who came up with the idea or you were just the contact for us, but seeing as his this was the first Tatooine regional in some years (I don't know because I wasn't involved then, queso could say of course), it definitely boosted our event to be selected by the PC and to receive prize support that traveled from across the ocean and over half of our continent! It was pretty amazing and goes to show the nature of this community.
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Chris,

I started typing a really long post rabbiting on about how you have influenced me since we met over 10 years ago. But all I really want to say is that I love you man and I look forward to seeing you at events in the near future.

Thank you for all that you have done for the Star Wars CCG community on both sides of the pond.

Paul.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Yeah, what Paul said. I started typing a long one to honor you but for now ill just keep it simple; Ive never met a man like you. That dedication, mental strength and unique ability to almost casually transform visions into reality. Its really something. Truly an inspiration.

Your work here has been amazing and your presence will permeate the community long after you step down from your dark throne.

Thanks for all the good times, buddy,

All hail the Euro Emperor.
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

I always feel like im the last to know things, and im very sad to hear you are stepping down, but i want to say thanks for everything you've done to help SWCCGPC, and may the force be with you
Jerry H

Image Image

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brainschrat »

Chris, thank you for your service! You are entirely to blame for so many good times this community had that it's not even funny. All the best to you, and your family.

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

Chris, thank you so much for your hard work for the community. This game would not and will not be the same without you as an advocate. I'm glad you are going to stick and around though, I hope to see you at another event soon!
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

Chris, as I said before, you mean hugs and cards to me. Hugs and cards. And a few drinks and laughs, here and there. Love you man and hope to see you soon at a tournament somewhere
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Return to “Announcements”