Collecting Encyclopedia Updated with Eye-Popping Enhancements

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Collecting Encyclopedia Updated with Eye-Popping Enhancements

Post by Jnapolit31 »

The Encyclopedia of Collecting for Star Wars CCG was recently updated – for the first time in five years – as Version 3.0! This iteration takes the contents of previous versions to an exceptional new level, increasing the number and quality of images; incorporating additional information and detail throughout; and inserting checklists and total card counts for each set, among other enhancements. There are many new graphics and visuals to summarize the products that Decipher published, including posters, t-shirts, print campaigns, sales sheets, and uncut card sheets. The Encyclopedia 3.0 also includes magazine coverage and tournament promotions. This document has it ALL – there has never been a more comprehensive, tangible, one-stop shop for the Decipher Era’s outputs!

We want to thank Kevin Wilson for putting this document together. His hard work and dedication has led to what you see today! Lastly, as you are going through this amazing document, you will see some outstanding items – if you have one, email scott@starwarsccg.org.

You may access the Encyclopedia v3.0 here:
https://www.starwarsccg.org/collecting/

Also note that the Master Card List - the 3rd item at the above link - was also updated recently, with Virtual Set 13 cards. The Master Cardlist is an Excel spreadsheet with all Decipher & Virtual cards (and underlying cards/sets/rarities) that can be sorted and utilized as a digital inventory mechanism.

londonsean wrote:Jared Napolitano is ruling Twitter. Maybe I’m just the opposite of Jared. He wins games and writes short messages. I lose games and write long messages.
Follow SWCCG on twitter.com/swccg
Subscribe SWCCG on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow SWCCG on twitch.tv/swccgpc
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep2014: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil & AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: Collecting Encyclopedia Updated with Eye-Popping Enhancements

Post by chriskelly »

Incredible job. Thank you Kevin. It’s beautiful. I want to print it out in high quality color and have it bound like a book.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Seriously, this is amazing and a work of art to look at.

Huge thank you to Kevin for taking the time to do this! It was a totally player driven project to update it and I (and the PC) are so thankful to have people like Kevin volunteering for the betterment of the game with incredible resources like this.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I've been enamored with the easter egg section. Very cool and a lot I didn't know.

It is extremely well done and really a great piece that documents a lot of the game's history and lore.

I will send a photo of the TP LS rares sheet tonight so that it can be added.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Well done.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Not sure what I need it for, but damn it looks good! 129 pages! :shock:
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

So, with this being the decipher one, is there a PC one? Virtual slips, specials, goodies, and so forth? Obviously 'collecting' v slips is a little silly (to me) especially non-foil/AI ones, but a history of them would be pretty cool if in a similar document.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

fungineer wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 1:05 pm
So, with this being the decipher one, is there a PC one? Virtual slips, specials, goodies, and so forth? Obviously 'collecting' v slips is a little silly (to me) especially non-foil/AI ones, but a history of them would be pretty cool if in a similar document.
I would really like a document with every single version of every single v-card ever made. That would be so cool if I ever wanted to cube or do something else silly and casual.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

That is massive and super impressive!! Great job!!!!

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Corran wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 1:14 pm
fungineer wrote:
I would really like a document with every single version of every single v-card ever made. That would be so cool if I ever wanted to cube or do something else silly and casual.
Seconded/Thirded/Whatevered
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

TacoBill wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 1:33 pm
Corran wrote:
fungineer wrote:
All it would require is somebody or some bodies to step up and do it!
londonsean wrote:Jared Napolitano is ruling Twitter. Maybe I’m just the opposite of Jared. He wins games and writes short messages. I lose games and write long messages.
Follow SWCCG on twitter.com/swccg
Subscribe SWCCG on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow SWCCG on twitch.tv/swccgpc
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep2014: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil & AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 1:35 pm
TacoBill wrote:
Corran wrote:
fungineer wrote:
It was also partially done I believe by Throdo as well. I believe he found a lot of the old v-card master set pdfs. Jeremy might have them as well.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Bravo to all involved! This is an incredible document. Thank you for all your hard work!
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 1:35 pm
TacoBill wrote:
Corran wrote:
fungineer wrote:
Yeah, but I want somebody else to do the work though.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Beautiful, beautiful work!! Really great!!!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Kwil22
Starter
Starter

Post by Kwil22 »

Thank you to all for the comments. I appreciate the gratitude.

Many, many hours got poured into this document, but it was a well worth it and something I've been wanting to do for some time. I found myself looking up previous threads or trying to track down information I know I had seen before far too often. Chris' original releases of the encyclopedia always intrigued me with their content and it was a pleasure getting to work with him and Scott to release this updated version. I think it really has become a definitive reference document on the Decipher era of SWCCG.

Hoping this release helps bring out some of the missing items from others to include to fill in the remaining holes.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Kwil22 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Thank you to all for the comments. I appreciate the gratitude.

Many, many hours got poured into this document, but it was a well worth it and something I've been wanting to do for some time. I found myself looking up previous threads or trying to track down information I know I had seen before far too often. Chris' original releases of the encyclopedia always intrigued me with their content and it was a pleasure getting to work with him and Scott to release this updated version. I think it really has become a definitive reference document on the Decipher era of SWCCG.

Hoping this release helps bring out some of the missing items from others to include to fill in the remaining holes.
I'm also impressed by the amount of work done seeing this appears to be your very first post on the forums. Kudos, and thanks.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

Wow, this was already one of my favorite documents ever. Absolutely marvelous, especially for someone who doesn't own all the stuff and never will! Thoroughly appreciate the efforts that went into this (past and obviously present with the upgrade!)

Really nice strolling through memory lane and seeing some of the posters, ads, tshirts, and such that I haven't seen for a couple decades, and also seeing some of the content and ads I missed since I didn't make all the tournaments when I was younger.

Great work!
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

the thin white duke

Post by the thin white duke »

Kudos to everyone who put this together. What a great resource. Thanks for the great work.
Good trades with: TechTerror, Ajaxconan, Plumbertim, thefetth, swatt9999, Corran, Atma, AdmiralMotti89, Chris Kelly, Lithy, The Franchise, Dark Deal Abuse, Qui-Gon Vodka
In The Morning!

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

I thought I was completely uninterested, but I just got sucked into that for so long. Really well done!

Return to “Announcements”