Props

Philadelphia, PA
NoLimit
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Re: Props

Post by NoLimit »

retwin316 wrote:Would anyone be interested in a TR? I know I scrubbed out and all, but I would be willing to do one if people want one.
You kidding me? yes please write a TR.
You are the best B Fred. I've looked forward to seeing you at every event since we met at Boston Worlds (Tagge tech??) And before that, you were one of my top 3 favorite deckbuilders, back in the Decktech days. Thanks for this great post.

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

Yes, TRs please!
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Archmage
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Archmage »

imrahil327 wrote:What is this about Vegas and Ninja Warrior? This sounds great!

So B-Fred and his facebook posts about p90x and misc workouts inspired me to lose some weight over the past 2 years. After losing my first 30 pounds and set my goals a little higher, get in shape, run a spartan run and for my 50th birthday (2.5 years away) compete in Ninja Warrior. I have met my goal weight and have started my training for Ninja Warrior (really just getting in better shape for right now and next summer start specific NW training). My plan is mapped out and B-Fred was very supportive.
Last edited by Archmage on August 11th, 2015, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largest Sanctioned SWCCG Tournament - 1st Place
US National Champion 2006
Rank in local store - 4th - 6th

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Archmage wrote:

So B-Fred and his facebook posts about p90x and misc works out inspired me to lose some weight over the past 2 years. After losing my first 30 pounds and set my goals a little higher, get in shape, run a spartan run and for my 50th birthday (2.5 years away) compete in Ninja Warrior. I have met my goal weight and have started my training for Ninja Warrior (really just getting in better shape for right now and next summer start specific NW training). My plan is mapped out and B-Fred was very supportive.
Awesome :) Keep up the good work!
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Archmage wrote:

So B-Fred and his facebook posts about p90x and misc workouts inspired me to lose some weight over the past 2 years. After losing my first 30 pounds and set my goals a little higher, get in shape, run a spartan run and for my 50th birthday (2.5 years away) compete in Ninja Warrior. I have met my goal weight and have started my training for Ninja Warrior (really just getting in better shape for right now and next summer start specific NW training). My plan is mapped out and B-Fred was very supportive.
I keep getting this nagging feeling that I need to train for Ninja Warrior myself. I see so many people with inspiring stories that compete.

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

NoLimit wrote:
retwin316 wrote:Would anyone be interested in a TR? I know I scrubbed out and all, but I would be willing to do one if people want one.
You kidding me? yes please write a TR.
You are the best B Fred. I've looked forward to seeing you at every event since we met at Boston Worlds (Tagge tech??) And before that, you were one of my top 3 favorite deckbuilders, back in the Decktech days. Thanks for this great post.
Tagge tech was the best, god I loved that deck... I miss it :( I always enjoy hanging out with you also man... I owe you more than a cube beating though for that top 8 MPC haha!

Will get a TR done, just need some time!

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

I also plan on writing a TR of sorts. It'll get done the first time I'm drunk at home sobering up before bed. I put it at a 50/50 that means tonight.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Meto wrote:I also plan on writing a TR of sorts. It'll get done the first time I'm drunk at home sobering up before bed. I put it at a 50/50 that means tonight.
Sando Aqua Monster!!! How do I post a pic!?

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

retwin316 wrote:Chris, Emil, and Angelo... you guys are amazing. You fly here for worlds every year, and you always bring your best game, and always are right at the top. Chris, thanks so much for the foils you made and provided for worlds, those are some of the awesomest prizes I have ever received, thank you so much. Emil, it is a pleasure to play with you... you are an extremely good player, and no matter what anyone says, it is no fluke you are a two time world champion. You have mace day 3 both times you came here as well, and won day 1 as well. Part of the funnest time I had this weekend was sitting side by side with you Sunday, and just signing cards for like 3 hours... that was so fun. Angelo... I could never ever forget you... you are responsible for one of two bad beat stories I have ever had in SWCCG history... I might never come closer to winning worlds than I did in 2002... but sometimes all hell breaks loose, and next thing you know, its over. The second biggest bad beat story I ever had, was provided this weekend... by Emil... I don't know what it is with you guys... but no one can ever underestimate you guys, top notch players and top notch people.
That was definitely some of the most fun I had all weekend. Great fun and exactly what I needed after crashing out of day 3.

It was great meeting you. Sorry that I basically kicked you out of day 3 contention...
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Darth_Link wrote:
That was definitely some of the most fun I had all weekend. Great fun and exactly what I needed after crashing out of day 3.

It was great meeting you. Sorry that I basically kicked you out of day 3 contention...
You don't have to be sorry man, that is just how it happens sometimes... it keeps me hungry. I will be back... I owe you a beating now though! haha

Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Gravityshadow »

BFred!

Thank you for your kind words!

Since 2002 has passed 13 years already. (We are getting old...) And every time we met It was like seeing an old friend again which I enjoy very much!

Although it feels terrible to be on the recieving end, at least the bad beats make great stories to tell.

And if I recall correctly we played again in 2003 and you beat me very easily...

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Gravityshadow wrote:BFred!

Since 2002 has passed 13 years already. (We are getting old...) And every time we met It was like seeing an old friend again which I enjoy very much!

Although it feels terrible to be on the recieving end, at least the bad beats make great stories to tell.

And if I recall correctly we played again in 2003 and you beat me very easily...
I do not remember much of worlds in 2003... the only things I remember are playing against Chris Menzal's senate racing, having an old school sac war with Matt Lush (I lost of course) and playing Gogs in a game I had easily in hand, and decided to move a tie to the cloud sector to get one more damage, and he dropped hcf, overflowed me for double digits, and dropped me into the sea of jizz, where my decks couldn't beat anything. Greg Shaw then took my whap deck (best deck in the event) and dominated day 3 with it, just not by enough to beat Chu. I don't think I have beaten you yet... owe you one also!

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

retwin316 wrote:
Gravityshadow wrote:BFred!

I do not remember much of worlds in 2003... the only things I remember are playing against Chris Menzal's senate racing, having an old school sac war with Matt Lush (I lost of course) and playing Gogs in a game I had easily in hand, and decided to move a tie to the cloud sector to get one more damage, and he dropped hcf, overflowed me for double digits, and dropped me into the sea of jizz, where my decks couldn't beat anything. Greg Shaw then took my whap deck (best deck in the event) and dominated day 3 with it, just not by enough to beat Chu. I don't think I have beaten you yet... owe you one also!
And here you were talking all that smack in the team tournament last week about how I've never beaten you before.....

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

I blocked that memory out until Angelo mentioned 2003 lol!

Return to “World Championship 2015 - August 6-9”