Poll: Errata to IDv before TMW?

Houston, TX

When do you want the errata to IDv to happen?

Before TMW
61%
Before TMW, but only with at least a month's notice
21%
After TMW
18%

Total votes: 28

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Poll: Errata to IDv before TMW?

Post by darkjediknight11 »

D&D is working on an errata to Imperial Decree (v) to tone back the activation engine. Vote in the poll (please only if you're planning on going to TMW) and let us know if you want the errata before the event or after. If you do want it early, they'll focus on getting an errata out ASAP so people can properly prepare.

and purely as a disclaimer, the poll is non-binding, but will most likely be used to make the decision.

-Keith Brown

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Re: Poll: Errata to IDv before TMW?

Post by quesosauce37 »

if theres to be any changes to cards, why would we wait until after these big events?

if the meta we want exists only after changes to decree v or whatver then why run anymore events without the errata?
Jerry H

Image Image

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

sigh... here we go again...

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

retwin316 wrote:sigh... here we go again...
?
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

puck71 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:sigh... here we go again...
?
He was quoting Threepio. It's thematic.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Just tired of the errata... now if this strategy was completely broken, sure, let's do it, but I mean come on...

I have heard all sorts of proposed changes to cards, and it just gets old.

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

retwin316 wrote:Just tired of the errata... now if this strategy was completely broken, sure, let's do it, but I mean come on...

IMO it's more of a retroactive set 1 card. Slipped through the reset cracks.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

retwin316 wrote:Just tired of the errata... now if this strategy was completely broken, sure, let's do it, but I mean come on...

It happens, but it should be rare. I think its needed in this case though.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

How is it no one ever used this strategy before... it was available all of these years, and just now it is too much? Dark side is terrible, and honestly, if you take away decree v, the only viable deck left will be sycfa for dark... so not to tip anyone off as to what I will be playing for dark, but that is how it is going to be...

Dark side is bad, and if you take away decree v, that eliminates 2 out of darks 3 best decks, which leaves them with one. And I know tto did well at worlds, but if that deck runs into anything using nabrun or spies, it is going to have a little bit of an issue. Old school tto had answers for that stuff, the new one doesn't, unless you wait and deploy him into a ship, which is going to slow the deck down...

Anywho... I have heard proposed answers to cannons also, as if we don't already have enough... lets keep taking all of darks good cards until the game is completely lop sided...

Or maybe you can try making good cards for dark also, instead of giving them a bunch of crappy cards that go into 0 decks. Did anyone use a single card from v set 2 at worlds for dark? I doubt it lol!

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

retwin316 wrote:How is it no one ever used this strategy before... it was available all of these years, and just now it is too much?
The same thing could be said for the old Merc Sunlet V.

Whether or not Dark is stronger than Light or vise versa is debatable. What I don't think is debatable is the resource efficiency that Decree V can provide when abused.

Imagine a MTG commander (closest thing to a starting card that the game allows for) that said "upkeep: pay 0.4 life. Tap to add X to your mana pool where X = the number of lands your opponent controls." You could play a deck without any of your own mana! (I picked 0.4 because losing 1 force of your 50 card deck (after starting cards) would be like losing 2% of your 20 starting life in MTG)

Being able to activate the same amount your opponent does 90% of the time with only dedicating 1 card slot is imbalanced. (90% of the time because sometimes you will get less due to Wokling or WYS, and when you have sec prec and/or Dark Jedi Masters in play you will likely get more than light.) Being able to reliably activate 8 or 9 or 10 on turn 1 every game is also pretty silly.

Dark should figure out card slots and ways to activate force the traditional way, the same way light has to.

How do you think Decree is not a problem?

Edit: just realized this is the tmw poll. mods, can we just move these last 2 posts to the degree thread.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Hayes wrote:
retwin316 wrote:How is it no one ever used this strategy before... it was available all of these years, and just now it is too much?

Whether or not Dark is stronger than Light or vise versa is debatable. What I don't think is debatable is the resource efficiency that Decree V can provide when abused.

Imagine a MTG commander (closest thing to a starting card that the game allows for) that said "upkeep: pay 0.4 life. Tap to add X to your mana pool where X = the number of lands your opponent controls." You could play a deck without any of your own mana! (I picked 0.4 because losing 1 force of your 50 card deck (after starting cards) would be like losing 2% of your 20 starting life in MTG)

Being able to activate the same amount your opponent does 90% of the time with only dedicating 1 card slot is imbalanced. (90% of the time because sometimes you will get less due to Wokling or WYS, and when you have sec prec and/or Dark Jedi Masters in play you will likely get more than light.) Being able to reliably activate 8 or 9 or 10 on turn 1 every game is also pretty silly.

Dark should figure out card slots and ways to activate force the traditional way, the same way light has to.

Edit: just realized this is the tmw poll. mods, can we just move these last 2 posts to the degree thread.
Ok... so I agree with Hayes... I just think errata is terrible for the game and it just keeps going on and on...

Now then, you said dark side should have to find ways to activate force on their own... there is only one problem... dark side has no wokling for starters, which is what makes the sides so unbalanced to begin with... It also doesn't have as good of pullers. It has no way to pull a 3-0 site, and using the holotable is terrible because dark has no way to stop holograms like Light does. One of darks location pullers, which pulls the prison has no secondary function that allows for a downloadable battle ground also, as well as a minus 1 to a weapon destiny which honestly comes in handy quite often... I used it to make maul miss a swing at worlds.

So, if you want to take away darks best way to activate force... we need to level the playing field a little, and find more convenient ways for dark to activate force, because light side is way too advantaged in that game... and it isn't even close sadly.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

retwin316 wrote:
Hayes wrote:

Ok... so I agree with Hayes... I just think errata is terrible for the game and it just keeps going on and on...

Now then, you said dark side should have to find ways to activate force on their own... there is only one problem... dark side has no wokling for starters, which is what makes the sides so unbalanced to begin with... It also doesn't have as good of pullers. It has no way to pull a 3-0 site, and using the holotable is terrible because dark has no way to stop holograms like Light does. One of darks location pullers, which pulls the prison has no secondary function that allows for a downloadable battle ground also, as well as a minus 1 to a weapon destiny which honestly comes in handy quite often... I used it to make maul miss a swing at worlds.

So, if you want to take away darks best way to activate force... we need to level the playing field a little, and find more convenient ways for dark to activate force, because light side is way too advantaged in that game... and it isn't even close sadly.
Yes yes yes

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

why do you keep saying dark is terrible when we had entire rounds at worlds where dark won every game at the top tables? We just had major issues with SOS because there were so many pair downs due to one side winning more than the other at the top (ds). The data mining thread has several matches wrong, ds did win significantly more than ls at worlds, and it was even more significant at the top tables. I think 6-7 of the top 8 went undefeated with ds...Zero of the top 8 went undefeated with lightside.

TTO is very legit-- the spies only do so much. nabrun doesn't work.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

allstarz97 wrote:why do you keep saying dark is terrible when we had entire rounds at worlds where dark won every game at the top tables? We just had major issues with SOS because there were so many pair downs due to one side winning more than the other at the top (ds). The data mining thread has several matches wrong, ds did win significantly more than ls at worlds, and it was even more significant at the top tables. I think 6-7 of the top 8 went undefeated with ds...Zero of the top 8 went undefeated with lightside.

TTO was definitely a good surprise for the meta... but it isn't a surprise anymore... that deck has the same problems it alwasy did, and maybe even more now that they don't use iao and the db. If decree gets waxed, bespin and naboo both likely go away, which leaves dark with what? Sycfa? I am not sure if that deck can beat wys or qmc if it wanted to... and TTO isn't going to be what you might think it will be... If the moff goes in a ship, maybe... but you gotta wait a turn to do that then, or risk a spy or nabrun... I am pretty sure tigih was the most popular deck at worlds, because even when you know it is coming, it still just beats many dark decks...

Dark is in big trouble after decree goes away... you gotta see it.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

retwin316 wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:why do you keep saying dark is terrible when we had entire rounds at worlds where dark won every game at the top tables? We just had major issues with SOS because there were so many pair downs due to one side winning more than the other at the top (ds). The data mining thread has several matches wrong, ds did win significantly more than ls at worlds, and it was even more significant at the top tables. I think 6-7 of the top 8 went undefeated with ds...Zero of the top 8 went undefeated with lightside.

TTO was definitely a good surprise for the meta... but it isn't a surprise anymore... that deck has the same problems it alwasy did, and maybe even more now that they don't use iao and the db. If decree gets waxed, bespin and naboo both likely go away, which leaves dark with what? Sycfa? I am not sure if that deck can beat wys or qmc if it wanted to... and TTO isn't going to be what you might think it will be... If the moff goes in a ship, maybe... but you gotta wait a turn to do that then, or risk a spy or nabrun... I am pretty sure tigih was the most popular deck at worlds, because even when you know it is coming, it still just beats many dark decks...

nabrun doesn't work vs tto my man.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

allstarz97 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:

nabrun doesn't work vs tto my man.
Why is that? If I had a nabrun I would have been so excited in my two TTO matchups!

DDM

Post by DDM »

It's because the Moff will be at the Bunker, and by its text, LS can't "move" (Nabrun too then) but from BAck Door.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

DDM wrote:It's because the Moff will be at the Bunker, and by its text, LS can't "move" (Nabrun too then) but from BAck Door.
Correct, and just confirmed in the rules forum.
John Anderson

puck71

Post by puck71 »

The risk of moff getting beat down early is pretty low. You pull Ozzel and put them both at the bunker so you draw destiny (and if they do come at you, hopefully they draw 4 or less). Activating endor shield would suck (in that case you MAY hold off on deploying moff for a turn, depending on the matchup). Within a couple turns you'll either find a vehicle and put them on there at the db, or find a ship and put them there.

Another think to keep in mind since this version doesn't play the DB, you "only" lose 20 force instead of 24 if they blow it up. Yes 20 is still a lot, but there were games in playtesting where we could have blown up the ds2 and still lost.
John Anderson

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

retwin316 wrote:

I don't see it.

You could easily port the naboo deckover to endor opps, add in the accelerate package (there is room) and you wouldn't lose all that much. I had a bespin crv deck that I was super close to playing at worlds that didn't use decree at all. The 8th and 9th players at worlds both played huntdown to 4-0 at worlds. And TTO is hands down the best ds deck even if you want to ignore it even though it A. knocked you out of worlds, B. had the best record of any deck at worlds and C. doesn't fold to the hate you are mentioning. and D. doesnt even auto lose if the death star is blown away.

If decree got toned down to not helping with activation and had other useful text (maybe just give it wokling text) + the direct damage cap, ds will be fine.

I am with you that ds should get a wokling or bring old crossfire back.

Return to “Texas Mini-Worlds 2015 - Oct. 23-25”