Princeton Clarion Hotel, 3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ, US, 08540
Clarion Hotel
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Thursday

Post by quickdraw3457 »

WiseMarsellus wrote:kyle doesn't have a bye, can't get the time off work, hasn't bought plane tickets, and is hanging out with his sister until friday at 10 pm west coast time. also i think he needs to borrow a lateral damage
So what you're saying is, he'll be there by 9am Saturday?

Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:kyle doesn't have a bye, can't get the time off work, hasn't bought plane tickets, and is hanging out with his sister until friday at 10 pm west coast time. also i think he needs to borrow a lateral damage
yes. and he'll need a lateral damage
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

[quote="quickdraw3457"][quote="WiseMarsellus"]kyle doesn't have a bye, can't get the time off work, hasn't bought plane tickets, and is hanging out with his sister until friday at 10 pm west coast time. also i think he needs to borrow a lateral damage[/quote]
So what you're saying is, he'll be there by 9am Saturday?[/quote]

OR my pick of Kyle in fantasy was bad.

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
All I hope is he is ready for some Avalon.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2016 Endor GP Consolation Second Place 2016 SoCal League Runner Up 2017

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Sitting at the gate in MSP. This * is about to hit the road.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

So world is conspiring against me. Train system was down at Newark. Made it to the Newark 1 minute after train left. Now I wait an hour.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

jimli wrote:Sitting at the gate in MSP. This * is about to hit the road.
This * is now going to hit the road one hour later than initially planned. Thanks Delta Obama.

(Now scheduled to get to EWR at 8. Anyone arriving around that time?)

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Hopefully by then they fix their train at the airport. Ridiculous delays when I arrived. I almost took a cab to a rail station

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I'm really debating going home from work tonight, packing, coming down to the hotel, (would prob get there around 9 or 10), chilling for a couple hours, crashing on the floor somewhere, and just getting up super early to go back to work tomorrow morning. That seems silly, right?
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

just call in sick

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

spideyguy0 wrote:I'm really debating going home from work tonight, packing, coming down to the hotel, (would prob get there around 9 or 10), chilling for a couple hours, crashing on the floor somewhere, and just getting up super early to go back to work tomorrow morning. That seems silly, right?
Extremely.

But if you DO end up crashing on the floor of the gaming area of this hotel, legend has it you'll win worlds so it might be worth it.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Do it Casey. I'll give you a Lily

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

I read the American Airlines Conditions of Carriage and had accepted defeat; I was prepared to wait (2 hours) to fly to newark (1 hour) to take the train to princeton (another 1 hour). AND THEN MY FLIGHT WAS DELAYED! REJOICE!

I called AA and they said they would cancel that leg, preserving my return flight home on Monday, AND they are refunding me some amount of money (TBD).

I'll be at the hotel in about 2 hours.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Just got home, and pretty wiped. Also forgot there was a Pats game and a Sox/Yanks game tonight, so I think I'm not gonna make it down till tomorrow evening.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Hayes wrote:I read the American Airlines Conditions of Carriage and had accepted defeat; I was prepared to wait (2 hours) to fly to newark (1 hour) to take the train to princeton (another 1 hour). AND THEN MY FLIGHT WAS DELAYED! REJOICE!

I called AA and they said they would cancel that leg, preserving my return flight home on Monday, AND they are refunding me some amount of money (TBD).

Well played.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I still haven't started packing. I need to motivate myself. As of right now I'm bringing 2 Star Wars decks and 3 Magic decks. Trying to decide how many excess SW cards to bring. Traveling with a suitcase full of cards on NJ Transit at rush hour is bad enough, but I'm gonna need to take whatever I'm bringing on one of the more crowded NYC subway lines at rush hour in both the morning and afternoon tomorrow, so weight and travel ease is def a factor.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

spideyguy0 wrote:I still haven't started packing. I need to motivate myself. As of right now I'm bringing 2 Star Wars decks and 3 Magic decks. Trying to decide how many excess SW cards to bring. Traveling with a suitcase full of cards on NJ Transit at rush hour is bad enough, but I'm gonna need to take whatever I'm bringing on one of the more crowded NYC subway lines at rush hour in both the morning and afternoon tomorrow, so weight and travel ease is def a factor.

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

As i sit 30k feet in the air, reading the issues people are having with the Jersey rail system does not make me confident in making it before 1pm on Friday.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2016 Endor GP Consolation Second Place 2016 SoCal League Runner Up 2017

Hayes

Post by Hayes »

Hayes wrote:I read the American Airlines Conditions of Carriage and had accepted defeat; I was prepared to wait (2 hours) to fly to newark (1 hour) to take the train to princeton (another 1 hour). AND THEN MY FLIGHT WAS DELAYED! REJOICE!

And I just got $41.16 back from the airline! Total success!

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

Hayes wrote:

And I just got $41.16 back from the airline! Total success!
how did you manage this despite almost * up the room switch?
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Return to “World Championships 2016 - Aug. 11-15”