Hearthstone

Platypus
GEMP Username: platy

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Platypus »

TacoBill wrote:
MAVanDriel wrote:They are way over represented. Some are op. But most are pretty inferior.
The first 5 or so Arenas I did, if I saw Mage I took it because of the familiarity. Isn't Mage the one you have to play to 10 with in the beginning? Though 6 in a row is pretty silly. Any chance you played against a dude called dmsk? My roommate was wrecking people with a 3x Blizzard deck earlier.
Don't remember the name but there was a multi blizzard deck that was the loss.

BSG 13-6 AGOT 2-0 AH 1-0 I also played SWCCG :)

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

KissMyWookiee wrote:Mage is so often picked in Arena because it's the best shot at a solid deck. Most of their best cards are Basic cards.
Rogue challenges this assertion. SI 7 and perdition are the only good rogue non basics.

To an extent, so does druid. Their epics are amazing, and keeper is good, though much less so in arena than in constructed. Starfall is a bummer too.

Priest is really missing only holy fire, as everything else thats good is common.

I think the biggest difference is that its easy to be mediocre in arena and play mage due to flamestrike (and to a limited extent blizzard). Having huge sweepers lets mediocre mages crush poor players who overcommit. Also reputation plays a pretty significant role.

Its interesting to me, because I used to really believe that class chosen played a huge roll in arena success, but I don't anymore. As my sample size has risen, my classes have come much closer together. My weakest class I win 59% of games with (paladin), and my strongest I win 68% (rogue). But even that 9% overstates the range, because no class besides rogue is >65%. If you look at most streamers or folks who keep statistics on enormous runs, I believe you find the same thing. There is variance between classes, but there is far more variance between runs within any class than there is between any two classes.
Well, Bye.

beemer1515
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by beemer1515 »

I still haven't won more than 3 games in a single arena run...I must just really suck at it...

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

beemer1515 wrote:I still haven't won more than 3 games in a single arena run...I must just really suck at it...
Stream a draft and the games to Twitch. You don't have to add commentary (but feel free to do so).

It will automatically save a copy that we can watch on demand later and critique your choices.
Greg Zinn

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:
beemer1515 wrote:I still haven't won more than 3 games in a single arena run...I must just really suck at it...
Yup.
FTFY.

(just kidding, I know nothing about this game.)

beemer1515
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by beemer1515 »

Gergall wrote:
Stream a draft and the games to Twitch. You don't have to add commentary (but feel free to do so).

It will automatically save a copy that we can watch on demand later and critique your choices.
I'll have to figure out how to do that next time I do an arena

KissMyWookiee

Post by KissMyWookiee »

beemer1515 wrote:
Gergall wrote:

I'll have to figure out how to do that next time I do an arena
Watching other streams was helpful for me. itshafu and trump are the 2 I watched the most. Totalbisquit isn't the best player but he tends to go over each of his card choices which is very helpful, and he's entertaining.

3 wins is a good start. Once you get to 3, you break even when compared to just buying a pack. As you learn the right picks and plays, and get more wins you get the better prizes.
Wayne "KissMyWookiee" Cullen
Member of LI Crew

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Hunter wrote:(just kidding, I know nothing about this game.)
Come try it out, it's free!

One of the 9 classes is the "Hunter" for gosh sakes.

I'm certain you'd play Warlock, though.
Greg Zinn

beemer1515
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by beemer1515 »

ok i must be really dumb or just really blind and it's really obvious I'm just not seeing it...but how do i upload videos to twitch or whatever it is

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

beemer1515 wrote:ok i must be really dumb or just really blind and it's really obvious I'm just not seeing it...but how do i upload videos to twitch or whatever it is
twitch is a streaming site so you don't upload videos but rather stream your draft live and save the recording. you need a screen cap program like OBS to do so, OBS is free which is why i used it as an example.
Hunter wrote: I think you're right.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Halfwingseen wrote:
beemer1515 wrote:ok i must be really dumb or just really blind and it's really obvious I'm just not seeing it...but how do i upload videos to twitch or whatever it is
twitch is a streaming site so you don't upload videos but rather stream your draft live and save the recording. you need a screen cap program like OBS to do so, OBS is free which is why i used it as an example.
Doesn't twitch automatically save the recording for a while?
Greg Zinn

KissMyWookiee

Post by KissMyWookiee »

Gergall wrote:
Halfwingseen wrote:
Don't think so, my tests aren't on twitch. OBS is the video software i downloaded and it'll save a local copy. That may be able to be uploaded to twitch but unsure.
Wayne "KissMyWookiee" Cullen
Member of LI Crew

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:One of the 9 classes is the "Hunter" for gosh sakes.

I'm certain you'd play Warlock, though.
I'ma combine them into the HuntaWarlock class.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

KissMyWookiee wrote:
Gergall wrote:
Halfwingseen wrote:
Don't think so, my tests aren't on twitch. OBS is the video software i downloaded and it'll save a local copy. That may be able to be uploaded to twitch but unsure.
Ah well you can certainly upload it to youtube.
Greg Zinn

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

you have to select something to make it save now
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

beemer1515
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by beemer1515 »

Gergall wrote:
KissMyWookiee wrote:
Gergall wrote:
Halfwingseen wrote:
Ah well you can certainly upload it to youtube.

Yeah I got it figured out...should post up an arena run sometime this weekend so you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong lol

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

curious what people think of this deck... I was pretty happy:

Claw x 2
leper gnome
Power of the Wild x 3
wrath x 3
ancient watcher
nat pagle
youthful brewmaster
mark of nature
earthen ring farseer
thrallmar farseer
swipe x 3
chillwind yeti
dark iron dwarf
keeper of the grove
druid of the claw
gadgetzan auctioneer
starfire x 3
ancient of lore
ironbark protector
sea giant

The gadgetzen was card 30, when I had 15 spells in deck.
Well, Bye.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Claws, Wraths, and Swipes = Tempo Druid? Take control of the board as early as possible, hopefully you can get a yeti or druid down unopposed and just keep removing everything he has.

I feel like you have no answer for a turn 5 venture co merc unless you've already established yourself on the board with the yeti or druid.
Greg Zinn

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Here is the decklist:
Spoiler
Show
Forked Lightning
3 Lightning Bolt
Worgen Infiltrator

Acidic Swamp Ooze
Bloodfen Raptor
2 Flametongue Totem
River Crocolisk

2 Feral Spirit
Imp Master

2 Ancient Brewmaster
Chillwind Yeti
Cult Master
Gnomish Inventor
Ogre Magi

Faceless Manip
Silver Hand Knight
Stampeding Kodo
Venture Co Merc

3 Fire Elemental
Frost Elemental
Reckless Rocketeer

Ravenholdt Assassin

Sea Giant
No hexes, no rockbiters (but 3 lightning bolts and a forked lightning), no lightning storm, no earth elemental, no legendaries. But lots of solid cards. What do you guys think?
Greg Zinn

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

Man... Some great cards. I would be real worried about having too many minions on the board. I think it has potential for any where between 2 and 8 wins. Very much a mage beater. No great answer to druids
Well, Bye.

Return to “Hearthstone”