Thoughts After Returning

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Thoughts After Returning

Post by stephengascrub »

Pros:

-UI is still amazing. It’s probably the best in the digital card realm. This is a big selling point for the game and why I’m playing. It also helps that the game is kind of mindless when you want a diversion from more difficult card games.

-New ranking system. I was kind of skeptical initially but the grind is way less, and competent players shoot up to diamond or legend much quicker. I’m just decent at this game and hit Diamond 5 on day 1. I’m Diamond 3 now. The grind to legend is better too. You only need to have a net of 15 wins now, instead of 25.

-Battlegrounds is essentially free.

Cons:

-Gameplay is boring. It feels like RPS a lot of the time and like minimal skill is involved in deciding games. That can be fun sometimes, but it is also annoying at times.

-Battlegrounds hurts constructed in some ways. Battlegrounds is helping keep the game around, but with most streamers shifting to it, more eyes are on that format. That means less attention is devoted to constructed, which means the format gets worse over time.

-With grandmasters and less opens, and the nature of grinding to high legend, there’s very little incentive to try hard once you hit diamond 5 or legend. It’s kind of disappointing there isn’t a rating button showing your mmr, etc. I.e. I know I’m decent but I’m not going to go from diamond 5/bottom tier legend to a better player easily. I’d like to see some more tangible metric to see if I’m improving. TLDL, I miss MMR/Elo in games. Seeing that I go from 1700 to 1800 is cool, and gives me more incentive to improve. Maybe that’s just me.

Finally:

Zephyrs is cool. More card designs like this are needed in HS.

Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

mr007agent

Re: Thoughts After Returning

Post by mr007agent »

stephengascrub wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 9:22 am
Cons:

-Gameplay is boring. It feels like RPS a lot of the time and like minimal skill is involved in deciding games. That can be fun sometimes, but it is also annoying at times.

Finally:

I don't understand your viewpoint. These two comments are polar opposites. I for one hate Zephyrs and Dragon Queen. It makes it impossible to play against anything. Usually, I just say * it and just play my cards and don't even think because a Zeph can blow me out whenever. That leads to way less fun games and I am for one tired of all of the RPS *.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

mr007agent wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 1:46 pm
stephengascrub wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 9:22 am
Cons:

Finally:

I don't understand your viewpoint. These two comments are polar opposites. I for one hate Zephyrs and Dragon Queen. It makes it impossible to play against anything. Usually, I just say * it and just play my cards and don't even think because a Zeph can blow me out whenever. That leads to way less fun games and I am for one tired of all of the RPS *.
Lol, because I'm bad at card games Mike and don't understand good design. I mentioned the card because you still can choose the wrong card. It is kind of RNG and gives outs when you shouldn't get them, which is bad. So I can see where your argument is coming from. The Dragon Queen is totally silly though. I don't really see how anyone could say that's good card design.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

luckily they just changed her, so now at least the blowout dragons cost 1 instead of 0

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Return to “Hearthstone”