GEMP Feature Requests

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Shadow 13 »

lotr gemp instituted a draft format, maybe they would share code? it's just a solitaire "choose from this group of 5-9 cards with the same rarity" over and over until you have enough cards for a deck, but it's fun.

ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

tgosiaco
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by tgosiaco »

Shadow 13 wrote:lotr gemp instituted a draft format, maybe they would share code? it's just a solitaire "choose from this group of 5-9 cards with the same rarity" over and over until you have enough cards for a deck, but it's fun.
I like this idea very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StupidSwarm wrote: BAM! YOU'RE DEAD!
mikefrench wrote: COUNTER-BAM!

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I understand that once you've used GEMP for a while you know where and what everything is. But after not looking at it for a few years it was actually somewhat confusing coming back to it. I'm sure NARP's have a similar experience. I just wanted to give some feedback on my navigation experience and some ways that I think this could be made a little easier for newer players:

Navigation:

- I wish there was a button or navigation to go back to the lobby from either the deckbuilder or in game. Both of these might be improved if they were tabs added to the existing menu at the top, and the tab menu always remained on top even in game or the deckbuilder so that one could navigate back to the lobby, league, etc from there easily.

-The deckbuilder link itself isn't that easy to find.

Leagues:

When you click it isn't readily obvious how the leagues work.

-It would be easier if clicking "See Details" for a game showed them to the right or somewhere in the current view instead of below.
-The description in the format link could possible be better as tab with information formatted presentable for the following:

- What's legal (or for sealed what do you get)? Similar to whats in the current link.
- How many games? What is Series 1 & 2?
- How do you sign up and who is it open to? (i.e. - Saturday tourney)

- Better titles: Why is everything quarantine? PANH is not the best description.
Spelling things out more fully would make it a lot easier to read/interpret quickly. Same with formatting the dates to normal standard.
A short description of the title somewhere might be helpful: Is this a recurring event or something special?

Hopefully something like this would make it easier for a NARP just finding GEMP to figure out how to get starting and find their way around.

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

On the leages page front - A table view would be handy:

Name / Legal cards / Type / Star / End / Prizes / Join Link / Are you already in / where are you placed /etc / etc

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

ideatrack wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 4:10 am
On the leages page front - A table view would be handy:

Name / Legal cards / Type / Star / End / Prizes / Join Link / Are you already in / where are you placed /etc / etc
Have you been to the leagues page? When you club in league details these all pop except for the prizes which are static across all the leagues.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

Yeah - it's all there - I think it would just be handy to have it in a table on that first page.

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

It is weird to still have all the leagues be called "Quarantine" but then i'm an Essential Worker so
ryan french

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

It would be great if there was a way for me to see how many games of each side I had left in a league.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

Corran wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 11:58 am
It would be great if there was a way for me to see how many games of each side I had left in a league.
Current setup: all of the games, you have all of the games left. They’re all set to a 1000 cap currently
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Batmouse wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 12:49 pm
Corran wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 11:58 am
Current setup: all of the games, you have all of the games left. They’re all set to a 1000 cap currently
Does that apply to OCS? Could I play 12 LS OCS games?
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

No. It's 6 each side in the OCS.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

arebelspy wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:55 pm
But I think that's Corran's point. I agree it would be nice if something in the League just told you how many games you have left on each side. For the Quarantine Leagues and stuff it's totally irrelevant, but it would be a nice thing to show in OCS and such.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter since you can just put a game up and see if it will let you, so...
Justin Miyashiro

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Hazardville wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 8:16 pm
arebelspy wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 1:55 pm
But I think that's Corran's point. I agree it would be nice if something in the League just told you how many games you have left on each side. For the Quarantine Leagues and stuff it's totally irrelevant, but it would be a nice thing to show in OCS and such.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter since you can just put a game up and see if it will let you, so...
I mean does anything really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Often times it's late in the month and I'm scrambling to find OCS games. I don't want to put up a light game if I still need 4 dark games to get to 12.

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

One thing that would be good would be to vary the sets of leagues (both sealed and regular).

You've probably got to always have Panh and PRef2 for the Purists (& Open, Jawa etc), but it'd be good to have some variation in addition to these:
  • One time you might also have PreCC (as we have now)
    Next time PreJP and PreEndor
    Next time PreHoth PreDS2
Might be a low-code way of introducing a bit of variation?

(also might be worth calling these PremCC as PreCC makes it sound like it's all the sets before Cloud City).

AncientTome
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: LostTome

Post by AncientTome »

Would it be possible to move the buttons for yes/no choices so that they’re on opposite sides of the window? I always feel like it’s only a matter of time until I accidentally don’t draw battle destiny or the like. This is especially an issue on tablets.

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

is there a limit to how many decks you can have constructed? if so, would be cool to eliminate that.
ryan french

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Things I (with no programming knowledge) would think are quick kills:

General Interface
-More time after game ends before room closes (3) - If this is more than "change a number somewhere" then don't worry about it
-Patreon/donate button (2) - This doesn't have to be a button, just a link at the top to Troy's person Patreon (if it exists) or the PC donation page/thread (Also, ALL of those links need updating, I believe)

In-game
-Have the location information include number of expected battle destinies (4) - I would assume that since it was easy to add power totals, it should be easy to do this
-Flash the title bar (like when its your action and you're in a different window) when someone joins your game (3) - I'm iffy on this one, but seems doable to me
-A visual representation on a character affected by Clash/YAB (2) - Code should be similar to someone turning sideways when hit. Maybe just give them a red border or something. However, not sure if this should actually be added.
-Grey out Admirals Orders when General Leia/Thrawn v are on table (similar to how it works when Endor Shield is suspended) - Should have code for this too, even if you have to code all 14 AOs

Game Options
-Be able to put up a game for both sides at the same time in the same league (4) - Sounds easy enough (but what do I know?)
-Open format 40-card decks (4) - I feel like creating a format should be easy
-Updated sample decks (2) - This is something that should be done regularly, imo. Every new release we should update decks to feature things from that release. Also, we should have decks from different formats available for people to pick and play (and not Operatives since they don't work)
-Adjust/rotate the sealed options (really this was requested 4-5 times, just all by Stephe) - I'll leave it to Stephe to see what he wants to pick. Not sure on coding process for sealed.
-Highlander/Pauper formats - This is creating a format. Pauper might have to be built by hand if cards are not coded with rarity, so that could take longer.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Solidsnack3
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

I think using some of the MPC decks to update the same ones seem like a quick and easy hit here. Might need player's permissions, but I am sure we wouldn't have any problems (without polling anyone I might be making an assumption, all the decks were posted anyways in GEMP format so anyone could log onto the forums and upload them anyways).
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

Return to “GEMP”