Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
GEMP Username: batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

The site is a very loosely based code of conduct in that it is not a desire to suspend or ban anyone. Lets keep it that way by following the real only rule that we need.

1. Be a good person.

If we need more rules we will explore that in the future. some other general guidelines though if we need them. (open to suggestions)

Do not rage quit. If you do this account suspension is something that could be in your future. If your upset about a match concede but dont just sit there and wait for the time out. Even with a smaller time out counter it is still a jerk move.

Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

Batmouse

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints h

Post by Batmouse »

Also include a link of your gamelog when you post
The Sheriff of Gemp
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

x2OhSeven
Starter
Starter

Post by x2OhSeven »

rage quit by the_bull allowed a few turns to almost time out and eventually just left.

blizdom
Starter
Starter

Post by blizdom »

Saw the_bull post what I hope was not a spoiler about episode VII.

On a separate occasion, he requested that I "hurry the f*** up", no asterisks, in a game that was only on third turn. I was taking a little more time than him, as I was trying to figure out a strategy on how to play against someone who was only playing visored vision.

Worst person I've come across on the site.

dmaz
Starter
Starter

Post by dmaz »

I agree with blizdom.

While most would agree that, to a certain extent, early concedes and complaining is expected in tough situations, or against NPE decks (I myself get bent out of shape sometimes against certain scenarios), there's a difference between controlling the frustration and just being a straight jerk.

I feel like there is a significant lack of control on this site surrounding "troll" type players.

The community has grown sufficiently to start separating the wheat from the tares, and start punishing or eventually banning some players that have nothing good to offer the community.

I have had unpleasant encounters with the_bull myself, and would recommend a month ban or so for that spoiling. That was uncalled for.

Also, check this screenshot of a sealed game against iceage. I conceded early, explaining that I recognized there was no way to recover for the setback, and ended with a "gg", despite the remorse I felt. Someone this unpleasant just doesn't belong on our site where players are generally welcoming and friendly.

I want to help grow this community and players like this do the exact opposite of that.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.02 PM.png (314.4 KiB) Viewed 5389 times
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.41.02 PM.png (314.4 KiB) Viewed 5389 times

Kimura
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Kimura »

Either one of those could be leister, a guy who recently showed up on Holotable and does much of the same stuff. It's unfortunate but these types of people exist everywhere, it seems.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Kimura wrote:Either one of those could be leister, a guy who recently showed up on Holotable and does much of the same stuff. It's unfortunate but these types of people exist everywhere, it seems.
It is probably hunter in disguise.

Thanks!

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I think that would be awesome if Hunter was a regular on one of these sites.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

bfett81
Starter
Starter

Post by bfett81 »

agreed on thebull

every time i beat him he just posts some snarky comment

today it was "i guess even a broken clock is right twice a day"

sore loser who should be IP banned

Ringbearer
Starter
Starter

Post by Ringbearer »

Isnt it an idea to sticky this thread? So people can easily find it?
"Dan liever de lucht in!"

Ringbearer
Starter
Starter

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Ringbearer »

http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... hjfl9p0hl6

http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... vb1sboavlr

I played twice vs WayneWTP and both times he timed out after the game didnt go according to his plan. One time I can understand but two in two days, just as a destiny didnt went right.

WayneWTP

Post by WayneWTP »

Ringbearer wrote:http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... hjfl9p0hl6

http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp ... vb1sboavlr

I played twice vs WayneWTP and both times he timed out after the game didnt go according to his plan. One time I can understand but two in two days, just as a destiny didnt went right.
I'm sorry. I often play on my phone whilst at work. Approx half the time I lose connection. But I believe the second time I played you was when my boss walked through the door so I had to swiftly put my phone away...

I'm aiming to only play on my lunch break now or when I'm on my PC at home. I apologise if folk think I'm a sore loser or anything.

Ringbearer
Starter
Starter

Post by Ringbearer »

Appologies accepted, captain Needa...

Id advise against the phone, I heard too many people with problems with it.

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

Ringbearer wrote:Appologies accepted, captain Needa...

Id advise against the phone, I heard too many people with problems with it.
Literally play almost exclusively from my phone
The Sheriff of Gemp

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Tried it on my phone today, ran really slow so I won't be doing that again

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

So today I made a couple of decks, and created some tables. Three times with DS and once with LS. The same guy (swfan) sits down, we reveal our starting stuff, and either right then, or during the first turn, he concedes and the game ends. I don't get it, not sure if there's some bug that's causing that, (can't imagine that's the case) or if it's an etiquette thing on his end. Or maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?

Anyways, I'll probably stop creating tables and just wait until I see someone I know who wants to play.

(Also, this thing seems badass. I just assumed that only a small subset of cards have been implemented, but actually both decks I wanted to make, I could just make with no problems.)

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

jimli wrote:So today I made a couple of decks, and created some tables. Three times with DS and once with LS. The same guy (swfan) sits down, we reveal our starting stuff, and either right then, or during the first turn, he concedes and the game ends. I don't get it, not sure if there's some bug that's causing that, (can't imagine that's the case) or if it's an etiquette thing on his end. Or maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?

Anyways, I'll probably stop creating tables and just wait until I see someone I know who wants to play.

(Also, this thing seems badass. I just assumed that only a small subset of cards have been implemented, but actually both decks I wanted to make, I could just make with no problems.)
I'd suggest you keep making tables when you want to play, swfan is known for quitting and raging, even if it isn't the other players fault (bugs, etc) he'll try to start an argument like it's personal. Too bad too because when he's rationally discussing something it's easy to tell he's an intelligent person, just has a temper I guess.

Welcome to the gemp club!
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

jimli wrote:So today I made a couple of decks, and created some tables. Three times with DS and once with LS. The same guy (swfan) sits down, we reveal our starting stuff, and either right then, or during the first turn, he concedes and the game ends. I don't get it, not sure if there's some bug that's causing that, (can't imagine that's the case) or if it's an etiquette thing on his end. Or maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?

Yeah I've had swfan rage-quit on me at least twice, both times just after a battle didn't go in his favor.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i've had him quit unexpectedly (once right after revealing objectives) but he was never rude about it.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

I've had the same experience with swfan, but I don't mind that much. If he doesn't want to play because he sees a bad matchup or whatever, I'd rather he quit right away and let me find another opponent.

I guess that brings up a general question I have about GEMP etiquette - is it considered ruder to concede or play it out if it's obvious that I'm not going to win? Whether it's major setback in a mid-game beat down, or just down to last 10-15 force late game with no hope to turn the tide.

In those scenarios, playing out the final few turns feels like a waste of both players time. But I hate to concede if it's seen as a rage quit. What would you want your opponent to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PC Foils/AI/Chips Haves & Wants - let's make a deal
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG
Image Image

Return to “GEMP (Online Play)”