Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

User avatar
Jnapolit31
Member
Posts: 1138
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Location: Blue Bell, PA
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Xanth wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 6:11 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 1:14 pm
LordRand wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 12:56 am
Hey guys, Jodo_Kast here. I would like to officially say I am sorry, sometimes I make jokes that are inappropriate, and i sincerely apologize for that. Especially what i said the other day I was not thinking right as I was very tired. I really am just trying to be jovial and make people laugh, no hard feelings I swear. I would ask before the jedi council if you guys could reconsider my ban, as I had over 60 decks that I painstakingly constructed over the last year. I have always been open with my deck designs as well as sharing and teaching newer players the game. I don't have much going for me in my life right now and gemp is really my only outlet for happiness. I have been a contributor to the community for years now and have accumulated many friends who can attest to the fact that I really mean no ill will and just want to play some games of SWCCG with my friends. Thanks for listening.
Hey Jodo, thank you for this! Send me a PM and we can talk about it.
Very classy response; I think he deserves another chance <3
Completely disagree. His actions during Worlds when he lost on time out and proceeded to berate dillen with profanities while on live stream were inexcusable, and rendered the above “response” simply hollow words. He’s someone I never want to play and who I believe is destructive to the community.


Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6936
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Xanth »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Xanth wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 6:11 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 1:14 pm
LordRand wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 12:56 am
Hey guys, Jodo_Kast here. I would like to officially say I am sorry, sometimes I make jokes that are inappropriate, and i sincerely apologize for that. Especially what i said the other day I was not thinking right as I was very tired. I really am just trying to be jovial and make people laugh, no hard feelings I swear. I would ask before the jedi council if you guys could reconsider my ban, as I had over 60 decks that I painstakingly constructed over the last year. I have always been open with my deck designs as well as sharing and teaching newer players the game. I don't have much going for me in my life right now and gemp is really my only outlet for happiness. I have been a contributor to the community for years now and have accumulated many friends who can attest to the fact that I really mean no ill will and just want to play some games of SWCCG with my friends. Thanks for listening.
Hey Jodo, thank you for this! Send me a PM and we can talk about it.
Very classy response; I think he deserves another chance <3
Completely disagree. His actions during Worlds when he lost on time out and proceeded to berate dillen with profanities while on live stream were inexcusable, and rendered the above “response” simply hollow words. He’s someone I never want to play and who I believe is destructive to the community.
Oh my goodness... I was not aware of this :O
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
Jnapolit31
Member
Posts: 1138
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Location: Blue Bell, PA
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Xanth wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm
Jnapolit31 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Xanth wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 6:11 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 1:14 pm
LordRand wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 12:56 am
Hey guys, Jodo_Kast here. I would like to officially say I am sorry, sometimes I make jokes that are inappropriate, and i sincerely apologize for that. Especially what i said the other day I was not thinking right as I was very tired. I really am just trying to be jovial and make people laugh, no hard feelings I swear. I would ask before the jedi council if you guys could reconsider my ban, as I had over 60 decks that I painstakingly constructed over the last year. I have always been open with my deck designs as well as sharing and teaching newer players the game. I don't have much going for me in my life right now and gemp is really my only outlet for happiness. I have been a contributor to the community for years now and have accumulated many friends who can attest to the fact that I really mean no ill will and just want to play some games of SWCCG with my friends. Thanks for listening.
Hey Jodo, thank you for this! Send me a PM and we can talk about it.
Very classy response; I think he deserves another chance <3
Completely disagree. His actions during Worlds when he lost on time out and proceeded to berate dillen with profanities while on live stream were inexcusable, and rendered the above “response” simply hollow words. He’s someone I never want to play and who I believe is destructive to the community.
Oh my goodness... I was not aware of this :O
Yeah, sorry, I came across as pretty brisk above. It just really struck a nerve with me when he lashed out during Worlds (believe it was Game 6 of Heat #1) after already being on this thread a few times.
Dan and Lenny handled the outburst well in real time and cut away, but it was ugly. Nobody deserves to be cursed at in Gemp for just playing the game in their rights.
Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 17395
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by arebelspy »

Wait, he timed out, then got angry at his opponent?

Doesn't he know how the clocks on Gemp work?


User avatar
DTartagOne
Member
Posts: 2795
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 3:20 pm
Location: Lompoc CA, BFE

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by DTartagOne »

arebelspy wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 3:30 am
Wait, he timed out, then got angry at his opponent?

Doesn't he know how the clocks on Gemp work?

Image
I believe he does. He was upset that his opponent didn't concede to him. I will admit, he was ahead in the game, for as much as I watched. However, dillen was making a come back and making the right plays to have a chance and win the game. The game is on Youtube, if you want to see what happened.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
Posts: 2308
Joined: June 19th, 2005, 12:11 pm
Location: Leicester, UK
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Paul McPherson »

arebelspy wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 3:30 am
Wait, he timed out, then got angry at his opponent?

Doesn't he know how the clocks on Gemp work?

Image
He felt like he would win in one more turn (which was unlikely) and that his opponent purposefully initiated two inconsequential battles just to run his clock down. He was ~20 minutes down on the timers so had no valid grounds for complaint but the frustration of missing out on day 2 got the worst of him. To his credit, he did apologise immediately to his opponent in the chat on gemp.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26468
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by JarJarDrinks »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:28 pm
Also Wookiee Kiss and it can wait have a shield -- goldenrod and imperial detention are very rough for it.
umwut? those shields COMBO w/ the cards?
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26310
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by quickdraw3457 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 4:10 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:28 pm
Also Wookiee Kiss and it can wait have a shield -- goldenrod and imperial detention are very rough for it.
umwut? those shields COMBO w/ the cards?
You're 2 months late, I've already been called out on this :-D
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

User avatar
spideyguy0
Member
Posts: 7672
Joined: January 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by spideyguy0 »

I joined Jodo's game by accident. I saw an Open game up and I joined without noticing whose game it was. Once I saw who it was, I figured I might as well give him a shot, but I wasn't planning on engaging with him.

Here's the game log (edited for length, but with all dialog included, he went first and conceded at the end of his first turn, before I even did anything). Dialog in bold.

spideyguy0: hey, gl hf
Jodo_Kast reveals Objective Shadow Collective
spideyguy0 reveals Objective He Is The Chosen One
Jodo_Kast: whats up mobstar
Start of Jodo_Kast's turn #1
Jodo_Kast: hows the web spinning goin>
Jodo_Kast activated 1 Force (6 total Force activated from Force generation)
Jodo_Kast: doing ok>
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Dryden's Study from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: cant type or sumthin?
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Bar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Mustafar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Corulag from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: fine be an arse
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast: of course mauls bottom card
Jodo_Kast: k u dont liek em i dont like u
Jodo_Kast lost due to: Conceded
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

User avatar
DTartagOne
Member
Posts: 2795
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 3:20 pm
Location: Lompoc CA, BFE

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by DTartagOne »

spideyguy0 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 11:00 pm
I joined Jodo's game by accident. I saw an Open game up and I joined without noticing whose game it was. Once I saw who it was, I figured I might as well give him a shot, but I wasn't planning on engaging with him.

Here's the game log (edited for length, but with all dialog included, he went first and conceded at the end of his first turn, before I even did anything). Dialog in bold.

spideyguy0: hey, gl hf
Jodo_Kast reveals Objective Shadow Collective
spideyguy0 reveals Objective He Is The Chosen One
Jodo_Kast: whats up mobstar
Start of Jodo_Kast's turn #1
Jodo_Kast: hows the web spinning goin>
Jodo_Kast activated 1 Force (6 total Force activated from Force generation)
Jodo_Kast: doing ok>
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Dryden's Study from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: cant type or sumthin?
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Bar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Mustafar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Corulag from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: fine be an arse
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast: of course mauls bottom card
Jodo_Kast: k u dont liek em i dont like u
Jodo_Kast lost due to: Conceded
I am not saying what he said was called for, but ignoring someone is kind of rude.
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 929
Joined: June 28th, 2012, 2:06 am
GEMP Username: jokerking

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Jedicon »

Sometimes you just want to play.

With this opponent, who has a bit of a reputation, it's hard to know if it's better to engage and accidentally set him off, or just try to play the game. It's not as if Casey was ignoring him for an extended period of time, DS had the first turn and conceded before LS took a single action (other than passing).

User avatar
Jnapolit31
Member
Posts: 1138
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Location: Blue Bell, PA
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Jedicon wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 3:08 am
Sometimes you just want to play.

With this opponent, who has a bit of a reputation, it's hard to know if it's better to engage and accidentally set him off, or just try to play the game. It's not as if Casey was ignoring him for an extended period of time, DS had the first turn and conceded before LS took a single action (other than passing).
Right, what you said above. I would’ve done exactly what Casey would have, and for several more turns even, and not felt bad doing so. You don’t engage this guy... you don’t feed trolls. It just makes it worse - I’ve learned from experiences with him.
Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31

ImageImage
Spoiler
Show
Majors Performance-All players since Sep'14: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
PC Foil+AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist

User avatar
spideyguy0
Member
Posts: 7672
Joined: January 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by spideyguy0 »

Jedicon wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 3:08 am
Sometimes you just want to play.

With this opponent, who has a bit of a reputation, it's hard to know if it's better to engage and accidentally set him off, or just try to play the game. It's not as if Casey was ignoring him for an extended period of time, DS had the first turn and conceded before LS took a single action (other than passing).
Fwiw, I took a couple actions. I played Rescue, Leadership, and pulled a grabber. I didn't include every single action in the log I posted, just enough to show where the game was at. But yeah, knowing Jodo's history, I figured not engaging with him in chat was the best way to avoid a bad situation.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

User avatar
TacoBill
Member
Posts: 5372
Joined: January 18th, 2003, 8:32 pm
Location: MD

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by TacoBill »

DTartagOne wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 2:00 am
spideyguy0 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 11:00 pm
I joined Jodo's game by accident. I saw an Open game up and I joined without noticing whose game it was. Once I saw who it was, I figured I might as well give him a shot, but I wasn't planning on engaging with him.

Here's the game log (edited for length, but with all dialog included, he went first and conceded at the end of his first turn, before I even did anything). Dialog in bold.

spideyguy0: hey, gl hf
Jodo_Kast reveals Objective Shadow Collective
spideyguy0 reveals Objective He Is The Chosen One
Jodo_Kast: whats up mobstar
Start of Jodo_Kast's turn #1
Jodo_Kast: hows the web spinning goin>
Jodo_Kast activated 1 Force (6 total Force activated from Force generation)
Jodo_Kast: doing ok>
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Dryden's Study from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: cant type or sumthin?
Jodo_Kast deploys •First Light: Bar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Mustafar from hand
Jodo_Kast deploys •Corulag from Reserve Deck
Jodo_Kast: fine be an arse
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast draws a card into hand from Force Pile
Jodo_Kast: of course mauls bottom card
Jodo_Kast: k u dont liek em i dont like u
Jodo_Kast lost due to: Conceded
I am not saying what he said was called for, but ignoring someone is kind of rude.
Nope, shouldn't expect discussion at all.
Bill Kafer
Image
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

User avatar
stimpy
Member
Posts: 1181
Joined: May 3rd, 2010, 9:17 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by stimpy »

Jodo needs to go imo. They have had ample chances

User avatar
Maul1985
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 10:55 pm
Location: Virginia
GEMP Username: Maul1985

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Maul1985 »

Saw him in the general chat room last night, thought he was already banned?
Image

Image


When I play on GEMP, it’s like I’m a cross between Tom the Cat and Leroy Jenkins.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 3174
Joined: June 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
GEMP Username: corran
Contact:

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Corran »

Maul1985 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 8:17 am
Saw him in the general chat room last night, thought he was already banned?
He was and then got himself unbanned.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

User avatar
spideyguy0
Member
Posts: 7672
Joined: January 1st, 2003, 1:57 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by spideyguy0 »

A little surprised he was allowed to play in the GEMPC
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan
Posts: 4889
Joined: June 26th, 2009, 6:33 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
GEMP Username: batmouse

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by Batmouse »

spideyguy0 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:51 am
A little surprised he was allowed to play in the GEMPC
He received a ban from quickdraw and then the ban was lifted
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image
Image

Image

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26310
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Gemp: Post Rage quit complaints and Conduct complaints here

Post by quickdraw3457 »

He served his time before and came back. Not every ban is permanent, we aren't in the business of perma-banning people from our community willy nilly.

This recent behavior is inappropriate but not ban worthy based on what I've seen. I recommend just avoiding players you don't enjoy playing against for now.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Post Reply

Return to “GEMP (Online Play)”