Re: GEMP Card Requests

Post by Corran »

The_Emp wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Batmouse wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 7:51 pm
DTartagOne wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
The_Emp wrote:Hi could you put in the Coruscant Tusken Raiders please? Would like to build a deck with them
Also The Ebb of Battle as well as any of the missing podracing cards.
Would be great to have all the cards loaded on GEMP since that seems to be the way everyone has moved to instead of Holotable.
Thanks in advance!
I think they’re actively trying to keep terrible cards out at the moment so no.

Signed,
The Sheriff of Gemp
Who made you Sheriff?
The guy that runs the leagues did.
Wait, are you serious? I was expecting a response after the fact from someone saying they would add the cards. Is our GEMP team not actively continuing to add all the cards of the game into GEMP? We have moved almost solely to GEMP from Holotable, and given that is the case we should have had all the cards added to GEMP by now. I do understand adding cards isn't just a quick and simple process, particularly for certain more complex cards, but most of everyone has been using GEMP for years now.
It seems to me reasonable to have had all the cards coded into GEMP by now, rather than just by waiting for requests to come in. And if it is the case that whomever is on the GEMP team (that just expanded) decides to deny certain cards of the game they deem not worthy then that is ridiculous. Sorry to seem crass but it's about time we get all the cards on GEMP so we can play the game like we all enjoy playing - regardless of whether we think certain cards are 'competitive or tournament worthy'.

Any thoughts on a GEMP initiative to get all the cards coded in a relatively quick manner?
I'm pretty confident Batmouse joking. My understanding is that the Decipher cards that haven't been coded mostly have something weird in their code. At a glance, Coruscant Tusken Raiders interact with Podracing, which has a ton of bugs that need to be fixed before it would be practical to program a rarely used helper card with a unique(aka difficult to program) mechanic.

Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

The_Emp wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
DTartagOne wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
The_Emp wrote:Hi could you put in the Coruscant Tusken Raiders please? Would like to build a deck with them
Would be great to have all the cards loaded on GEMP since that seems to be the way everyone has moved to instead of Holotable.
Thanks in advance!

Signed,
The Sheriff of Gemp
Who made you Sheriff?
Wait, are you serious? I was expecting a response after the fact from someone saying they would add the cards. Is our GEMP team not actively continuing to add all the cards of the game into GEMP? We have moved almost solely to GEMP from Holotable, and given that is the case we should have had all the cards added to GEMP by now. I do understand adding cards isn't just a quick and simple process, particularly for certain more complex cards, but most of everyone has been using GEMP for years now.
It seems to me reasonable to have had all the cards coded into GEMP by now, rather than just by waiting for requests to come in. And if it is the case that whomever is on the GEMP team (that just expanded) decides to deny certain cards of the game they deem not worthy then that is ridiculous. Sorry to seem crass but it's about time we get all the cards on GEMP so we can play the game like we all enjoy playing - regardless of whether we think certain cards are 'competitive or tournament worthy'.

Any thoughts on a GEMP initiative to get all the cards coded in a relatively quick manner?
Yes definitely the initiative should be that you in your vast knowledge and infinite spare time should figure out how to code them and take the problem off of the hands of the volunteers who just got done adding the new cards from the newest set of Virtual cards. The cards are complex and while they may be what you want to play there isn’t a petition and an army of people behind you banging down the walls to force people to get them coded. Now personally I don’t have a problem with requesting things, (my cards) though if we’re going to have to form an armed militia to make these volunteers code things than I’ll definitely wait to see you start forming it.

The Sheriff of Gemp
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

The_Emp wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
DTartagOne wrote:
Batmouse wrote:
Thanks in advance!

Signed,
The Sheriff of Gemp
Who made you Sheriff?

It seems to me reasonable to have had all the cards coded into GEMP by now, rather than just by waiting for requests to come in.
I'm going to stop you right there. Given the amount of coding involved it is actually absolutely crazy to think that we have a rules enforced way to play our game. In fact, if Troy wasn't an absolutely freaking crazy beast this wouldn't exist at all. Once he stepped down, the dream of having every single card coded died with him. It has been taken over by a group of volunteers organized by the PC so their focus is the same as every other PC initiative, which centers around the current competitive environment. Older cards will be coded when there is spare time.

If you are a coder, you can feel free to volunteer your time with focus on doing older cards. This applies to everyone else who wants older cards to be coded. My understanding is that they are settling in and should be ready to accept a new wave of volunteers.

Thanks!

The_Emp
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: The_Emp

Post by The_Emp »

Ok thanks Dorsche, that is a much appreciated response and at least gives context into the situation. Batmouse I wasn’t trying to piss you off, don’t take me wrong, I certainly appreciate your past and future efforts, as well as the teams, and am sure the team worked hard and spent their time to code the new cards in particularly. I also didn’t know you have been the one shouldering a lot of this. Based on the way you responded to my posts, it seemed to me you must be the one shouldering the burden on the gemp coding before I even read Dorsches reply. Which brings me back to my main point of essentially asking out loud to see if we can make it a priority to continue coding cards proactively, and whether we were, rather than reactively. Now I understand based upon dorshes response, however it seems to me it would be wise to make it an initiative to inquire from more people to join the Gemp team to help with the burden. I certainly wouldn’t want that upon me, but let’s continue to get and help you out.
Could we make an announcement or PM all the player field to inquire about more people to help? That is what i meant by an initiative, wasn’t trying to say you personally weren’t doing much. I’m definitely grateful for gemp it’s so much better than holotable and as allowed many now NARPs to return back to the game!

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

The_Emp wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 1:11 am
Ok thanks Dorsche, that is a much appreciated response and at least gives context into the situation. Batmouse I wasn’t trying to piss you off, don’t take me wrong, I certainly appreciate your past and future efforts, as well as the teams, and am sure the team worked hard and spent their time to code the new cards in particularly. I also didn’t know you have been the one shouldering a lot of this. Based on the way you responded to my posts, it seemed to me you must be the one shouldering the burden on the gemp coding before I even read Dorsches reply. Which brings me back to my main point of essentially asking out loud to see if we can make it a priority to continue coding cards proactively, and whether we were, rather than reactively. Now I understand based upon dorshes response, however it seems to me it would be wise to make it an initiative to inquire from more people to join the Gemp team to help with the burden. I certainly wouldn’t want that upon me, but let’s continue to get and help you out.
Could we make an announcement or PM all the player field to inquire about more people to help? That is what i meant by an initiative, wasn’t trying to say you personally weren’t doing much. I’m definitely grateful for gemp it’s so much better than holotable and as allowed many now NARPs to return back to the game!
The problem is that you are asking for something that the vast majority of players do not care for and it is therefore a VERY low priority for the GEMP team. The vast majority of cards (>99%) that see competitive play are already coded (I have only failed to find a card on a couple of occasions). I imagine that the priority list for the GEMP team looks (and should look) something like this:

1. Code new cards (because everyone wants to play with new cards :-D )
2. Fix any bugs (because we all want the cards to work correctly)
3. Code any cards that are not yet coded that sometimes see play in competitive decks (for example, Combined Attack)
4. Add new features (for example, the ability to be hidden in the lobby when posting tournament games)
5. Code the remaining cards

Your requests fall under #5 and it is very rare that the GEMP team make it past #2

I realise that there are "fun-Fred" players out - but the PC is a voluntary organisation with finite resources. One of the ways that you could contribute is to sign up to next year's OCS as that would contribute financially to the running of GEMP (believe it or not it is not free to run) and it would make you appreciate just why cards like Tusken Raider are insignificant and therefore such a low priority.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

The_Emp
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: The_Emp

Post by The_Emp »

Yeah I would agree with you on your breakdown on gemp priorities as it makes logical sense and how I would prioritize it as well. And yes I understand I just made a card request that isn’t a high priority, but given we don’t have all the cards coded, which yes we have 99% so that is phenomenal, the next step should be: ok what can we do to get it done? What questions should we ask? Let’s brainstorm and come up with a solution.
I don’t need to have to actually physically ‘try it out personally’ to understand anything, I’m smarter than that, I get it. Or to not appreciate it -that is a false assumption. I do appreciate it, just because I ask questions doesn’t automatically mean I must not appreciate all the efforts.
I’ll put the questions on how are we doing and suggestions for improving things to rest. Thanks for your time on the responses guys. 🙏 again to the PC, Gemp, holotable, and the holodeck android app.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

I think the real solution to all of this is for someone to code Kalit.

Also, for what it's worth, there are a ton of Fun Fred types on GEMP. Depending on your definition of Fun Fred, we might outnumber the competitive players on that particular platform.

In conclusion, we need Kalit on GEMP. Just make his Jawa Siesta text not be a thing. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

johnmichael

Post by johnmichael »

Corran wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 9:15 am
I think the real solution to all of this is for someone to code Kalit.

Also, for what it's worth, there are a ton of Fun Fred types on GEMP. Depending on your definition of Fun Fred, we might outnumber the competitive players on that particular platform.

In conclusion, we need Kalit on GEMP. Just make his Jawa Siesta text not be a thing. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
I will second this that most of the people looking to play Kalit won't care if the Jawa siesta text on his card doesn't work. They just want him on GEMP available to play with the Jawa power +2 text.

IMO another big reason to have this done is that any future designing that is done around AITC will benefit immensely from having Kalit coded in GEMP and being able to test possible interactions with Jawas.
John-Michael Earwood

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Troy used to partially code cards and put an under construction picture on it. I don't know if the PC is interested in doing that for some of these cards. You just have to change OCS rules so under construction cards are not OCS legal.

Thanks!

angrath
Starter
Starter

Post by angrath »

Any chance we could get Lift Tube Escape coded?
It really would help RTP.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

I partially coded Kalit. Don't know if they want partial cards or that would help them.

SuburbanJ
Starter
Starter

Post by SuburbanJ »

Would love to see Sebulba (v) soon, I want to test watto's with it before Nationals
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
- Boba Fett

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Meant to respond here sooner but got busy.

Batmouse is not one of the developers. His response was tongue in cheek about keeping bad cards off of Gemp. The truth of the matter is that the developers are working on other things that we have deemed a higher priority than missing Decipher cards. Many of these decipher cards require a much greater effort and will be used less often than some of the cards/bugs/features/process improvements that we're currently working on. I would love to get every card in there as soon as possible, but that's not feasible.

It's also not a matter of adding more people to the team. If it were, I would have done it a while ago. There are other things we have to do first before we can add more people to the team. I have also said it in other places before that our goal is to make Gemp an open source platform, so anyone with the skills would be able to contribute when they have time. To do that requires us to clean some things up and make sure we have a robust process in place to handle it. For example, we can't just make everything open source, because as we are working on having playtesting done in Gemp, there has to be a place to keep that work private. So we're taking the time to review all of the code and determine what needs to stay private and what can be opened up. It's a time consuming process, especially when we have been trying to get a 60 card set released at the same time.

There is no conspiracy to keep specific cards off Gemp. Please don't read into anything like that. We're doing the best we can to do what's best for Gemp long term. Just because we don't "acknowledge" every card request doesn't mean we aren't going to do ever do it. So I just ask that you have patience for now, but feel free to continue requesting cards here, because when we do get to this, the most requested cards here (that is, by different people, not by how many times one person says they want a specific card) will be weighed a little heavier than the others when prioritizing.

Regarding partially coded cards, we don't really want to do that. It's not always clear to people what parts work and what parts don't, so even with yellow tape and excluding them from the OCS, there are still negative play experiences that can come from it, while still requiring an effort from the devs. So right now, the plan is to not have partially coded cards added, but that could change in the future.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:20 pm
So I just ask that you have patience for now, but feel free to continue requesting cards here, because when we do get to this, the most requested cards here (that is, by different people, not by how many times one person says they want a specific card) will be weighed a little heavier than the others when prioritizing.

Regarding partially coded cards, we don't really want to do that. It's not always clear to people what parts work and what parts don't, so even with yellow tape and excluding them from the OCS, there are still negative play experiences that can come from it, while still requiring an effort from the devs. So right now, the plan is to not have partially coded cards added, but that could change in the future.
It sounds to me like the solution is to issue an errata on Kalit to remove the Jawa Siesta text.

^The above comment is a joke.

talonjohn
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by talonjohn »

LIFT TUBE ESCAPE - Cloud City - Light Side - Used Interrupt

Can you please add this to GEMP?

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

New Card: Wittin
New Card: Kalit
Hello there :)
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Whoooahhhh new Decipher cards added today!

New Card: Jabba Disilijic Tuire
New Card: No Questions Asked

This Gemp team is 🔥🔥🔥

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 8:30 am
Hello there :)
Christmas came early this year!

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

arebelspy wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 9:33 am
Whoooahhhh new Decipher cards added today!

New Card: Jabba Disilijic Tuire
New Card: No Questions Asked

This Gemp team is 🔥🔥🔥
Flaming? Burning? Three highly attractive individuals?

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Well, now that we got some jawas (there's still two more ;) )

Looks like next 5 on the compiled want list would be:

Combined Attack
Human Shield
Targeting Computer
Tractor Beam
Lift Tube Escape
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Return to “GEMP”