GEMP Feature Requests

Calaglin

GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Calaglin »

Aside from the awesomeness that GEMP is, I think these features will enhance the user experience:
-a keyboard shortcut for the 'pass' button (p?)
-having the cards sorted by name when you look through a pile

Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

Saladas

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Saladas »

1.an undo feature would be greatly appreciated. i've had a couple games ruined cuz i clicked incorrectly.
2. maybe a feature where after opponent activates more than one force, a dialogue pops up asking if u want to take an action after a certain number of force were activated. reason being u may want to shuffle their reserve after they activate one. i dont think it should be a dialogue popping up after every force but for example if they activate 10 you can make them unactivate 9 and take your action.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

1. Besides coding the rest of the cards, an undo feature is the single biggest feature missing. I've seen Projection Of A Skywalker accidentally deployed to the table more often than I've actually seen it deployed to a site. I would seriously ask Tbiesty to consider removing the first function entirely (has it ever been relevant in a single game of SWCCG?), or at least prompting an "Are You Sure?" if you choose to deploy to table.

That said, there needs to be a lot of thought into how an undo would work. It makes sense that your opponent would have to approve before you can undo, but that's inevitably going to lead to problems. People will refuse (exercising their right, or taking a casual game too seriously?), leading to in-game arguments, ragequits, arguments taken to the game hall and devolving into flamewars. Probably carrying over to these forums from time to time. It's more moderation and babysitting needed, which is unfair to ask when people are already putting so much of their free time into this.

So do you go the other way, and just let someone take a "mulligan" (backing up one action) without the opponent's consent? Maybe with a cap of only 3 or 5 times per game? That seems just as unfair to the person who's not making mistakes.

Also, how long do you have to undo? Can I initiate a battle, see you deploy a react or play an interrupt that hurts me, and then say "wait I want to undo my initiate"? Doubtful. So you have to commit to your action before the game passes to your opponent. Now I have to click to pass after every action you take, and click to confirm after every action I take. Even if you had keyboard shortcuts for both, that's incredibly tedious when probably 90% of games won't ever need it.

GEMP needs it, but I can see why it hasn't been touched yet. Besides the coding surely being a pain, I don't see any way to implement it without hurting the online experience.

2. Don't have our own grabber prompt us to grab our own interrupt. Exception for cards that have identical names on both sides (SAC), because I do see where that could be a tactical play. I know it's technically allowed, but is there any other scenario where you'd want to grab your own card? Maybe it could be an in-game option as to whether you want to be prompted, just in case it were ever applicable.

3. I know this is going to be received poorly, but could a location card just tell me how many battle destinies each side is going to draw if I initiate there? No I'm not asking GEMP to play the game for me. I'm just lazy. A location already tells me if either sides drains are modified, if we have to pay to drain, if gametext is canceled. Starships and vehicles tell me their total power and immunity. What's one more shortcut?
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Being able to 'whisper' to a specific person would be cool
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Being able to click on a card to toggle an auto pass on an action would be nice and would speed things up a bit.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I think a rewind on the replay, or a way to "skip" to certain turns would be useful, for both players and development.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

There is a option for a drop down feature in the in-game options section that works kind of like an jury rigged undo button. Instead of just immediately commencing with what you selected I've had it kind of ask me if I was sure.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

rsersen wrote: 2. Don't have our own grabber prompt us to grab our own interrupt. Exception for cards that have identical names on both sides (SAC), because I do see where that could be a tactical play. I know it's technically allowed, but is there any other scenario where you'd want to grab your own card? Maybe it could be an in-game option as to whether you want to be prompted, just in case it were ever applicable.
It could be relevant to grab your own interrupt, although rare. Suppose you played Harvest, and the opponent tried to Sense it, and they failed, so then you grab your Harvest to prevent them from using the next response to stack it on Code Clearance and reducing all your retrieval by one. Admittedly, it's a bit far-fetched, but perhaps there are better situations someone else can come up with.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Are there plans for a mobile version? I'm assuming all it will take is mostly some HTML and CSS. Right?

I definitely think whenever the mobile version is released, we'll see another surge in activity

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:Are there plans for a mobile version? I'm assuming all it will take is mostly some HTML and CSS. Right?

I definitely think whenever the mobile version is released, we'll see another surge in activity
Open it up in a browser on your phone, it works pretty well already.

My request: display total power for each side when you shift click a location, and the ability to set how much time each player has during a game when creating one.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

Forfeiting from a stack of pilots/passengers could use a zoom or confirm feature. It's hard to see card titles within the stack and its also easy to misclick and forfeit the wrong card.
Gregory Shaw

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

stealtheblind wrote:Forfeiting from a stack of pilots/passengers could use a zoom or confirm feature. It's hard to see card titles within the stack and its also easy to misclick and forfeit the wrong card.
Agreed, it would be nice if forfeiting was done with a drop-down box, so that when you clicked on a guy to forfeit them, a drop-down would appear that says "Forfeit [Character Name]."
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

For those that want a confirm option try i selecting the auto accept after card selection option in in-game settings.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

mryellow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by mryellow »

Saladas wrote:maybe a feature where after opponent activates more than one force, a dialogue pops up asking if u want to take an action after a certain number of force were activated. reason being u may want to shuffle their reserve after they activate one. i dont think it should be a dialogue popping up after every force but for example if they activate 10 you can make them unactivate 9 and take your action.
This for sure. I'd love to be able to Bith Shuffle after opponent activates one.

An option to make a game private would be fantastic. I could see having League games be open for anyone to view, and I certainly don't want GEMP to lose its feel of inclusivity and openness that it currently has. At the same time, from a practical standpoint, it'd be great to be able to playtest games without anyone else seeing. Like maybe have a toggle for casual games only.

roman777
Starter
Starter

Post by roman777 »

In favour of my eyesight I would kindly ask for either a rearrangement of cards that are on other cards (pilots on ships is the main problem) or any magnifying glass feature. I am still waiting for the moment when I forfeit the whole dreadnaught instead of R1-G4 but until then I am sure I will be near blind.

There is a option that enlarges the system segment a tiny bit, could you not just quadruple its function or divide the cards when you activate it?

And I strongly recommend to not implement a go/back function. Sure it is annoying if you klick pass accidently, but the problems it will cause will be infinite. A kind opponent will let you pass through anyway if you ask friendly.

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

Having cards sorted (alphabetically) when looking through a pile would be nice too.
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Calaglin wrote:Having cards sorted (alphabetically) when looking through a pile would be nice too.
If this option is added i hope its optional. I like being able to see the order the cards are in, even if reshuffling.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

chunda_thunda

Post by chunda_thunda »

vhstapes wrote:the ability to set how much time each player has during a game when creating one.
:yes: I think it would be great if you could select timed or untimed when starting a game. I frequently play with a friend while watching my 7mo twins... Needless to say I have to go afk periodically and timing out is a major bummer. I think if both players agree to it you should be able to play untimed.

If you need to kill a game in order to reset server or do maintenance or whatever then so be it. I dont think we'll have any complaints considering how awesome this platform is for the game!
Jon McFarland (Norfolk VA)
gemp id= vinegarpan

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

Making a one click option in deck building that auto includes all shields (including the corran shield and the frozen luke shield) would be great.

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

Making a one click option in deck building that auto includes all shields (including the corran shield and the frozen luke shield) would be great.

Return to “GEMP”