Welsh National Winner 2019, 5th Euro 2018, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Tbiesty »

Tarelion wrote:A new feature request: some weapons have a formula like "Draw destiny. Target hit if destiny +1 > defense value." In viewtopic.php?f=964&t=52934&p=1171390#p1171390, I was told that GEMP shows the total weapon destiny in the game log, but that the +1 is not counted as part of that destiny, and hence is not shown.

So, if I were to draw a 3 for such a weapon (ex: Battle Droid Blaster Rifle) against a character with 4 ability, I would see:
Game Log wrote: Total destiny: 3
Defense value: 4
Result: Failed
The fact that the value being compared against defense value is actually 4, not 3, is confusing when trying to read the chat logs, since it looks like the game is not actually taking the +1 into account. Would it be possible / beneficial to display the formula used to calculate the success/failure for such draws? For instance:
Game Log wrote: Total destiny: 3
Result (3 + 1 > 4): Failed
When I get to work on "combined firing" will probably be when I update all the weapon logging, as that also will require every weapon to be updated.
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

Great. Thanks so much for listening to feedback and being active in replying. I've had nothing but positive experiences with GEMP so far.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

How much information does the server retain when it comes to games/decks played? (Sorry for how that question is phrased; I'm just a user :-D ). For example, is there a way at the end of the OCS to see how each deck type performed? It would be awesome to be able to put together something like this:

I Want That Map (21-12)
vs Quiet Mining Colony (0-4)
vs Rebel Strike Team (1-1)
vs TRM (9-3)
etc
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Post by Tbiesty »

Currently, the only information about the decks that is retained in the game result is whether Light or Dark won. Capturing more metadata about games is something I would like to do someday.
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TacoBill wrote:How much information does the server retain when it comes to games/decks played? (Sorry for how that question is phrased; I'm just a user :-D ). For example, is there a way at the end of the OCS to see how each deck type performed? It would be awesome to be able to put together something like this:

I Want That Map (21-12)
vs TRM (9-3)
etc
This would be incredible.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

stimpy wrote:
TacoBill wrote:How much information does the server retain when it comes to games/decks played? (Sorry for how that question is phrased; I'm just a user :-D ). For example, is there a way at the end of the OCS to see how each deck type performed? It would be awesome to be able to put together something like this:

I Want That Map (21-12)
vs TRM (9-3)
etc
This would be incredible.

Likewise, the current information is only about wins of a single deck (title) rather than deck type, right?
I'd also really love it if AITC and MKOS could show the species of the rep in the data.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

It seems "classic" format doesn't exclude Episode VII icon cards.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

would be nice if any deck with You May Start Your Landing in it came up as "Walkers" on the main screen. non-V formats have to start just the 5th marker so currently they show up as "other"
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

Is there any way to speed up moving lots of characters around?

Some examples of things that take a long time:
- embarking a bunch of guys on blizzard 4, moving, and then disembarking
- shuttling characters up and down with commander desanne
- moving characters around with Cloud City: Upper Plaza Corridor (requires something like 4 clicks per card moved)
- moving characters on Home One to passenger, moving Home One, and then moving pack to piloting (to mess up Gravity Shadow)

Probably the opponent needs to get the opportunity to stop this in the middle to take an action, like with activating force, so I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be. Maybe something like an option to embark / disembark all characters?

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

Popping up a larger version of the card when you hover your mouse (like in Holotable), rather than just shift-clicking. This would help with things like reading the text on cards during your opponent's turn (because it is hard to keep passing if you have shift-clicked) and forfeiting from ships. Shouldn't be too hard to implement either I would guess. Could just be the card, and if you want to look at more detailed info (like modifiers) you could shift-click.

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

Visually showing which characters are piloting and which are passengers. Most people do something like putting passengers sideways.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Faster displaying of cards as they are played. The sped up replays are a good speed.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Blarg wrote:Visually showing which characters are piloting and which are passengers. Most people do something like putting passengers sideways.
Although colors could be helpful for this, you can just look at card info and it will tell you. However, sideways passengers represents a 'hit' card, and even though people do it, should not be used.
Image Image Image

caldred

Post by caldred »

fungineer wrote:
Blarg wrote:Visually showing which characters are piloting and which are passengers. Most people do something like putting passengers sideways.
Although colors could be helpful for this, you can just look at card info and it will tell you. However, sideways passengers represents a 'hit' card, and even though people do it, should not be used.
oh c'mon its impossible to have a hit character aboard a starship, its totally reasonable to orient passengers sideways. Saying it shouldn't be used seems condescending.

Therion
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Therion »

caldred wrote:
fungineer wrote:
oh c'mon its impossible to have a hit character aboard a starship, its totally reasonable to orient passengers sideways. Saying it shouldn't be used seems condescending.
Pre-reset this was possible with Trade Federation Tactics v. That said, starships aren't the only thing that take passengers, and it's currently possible to shoot guys in unenclosed vehicles. (I still put my passengers sideways though)

Could we get a way to filter by uniqueness in the deckbuilder?

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

A way to share deck lists with others. I know you can create a text/html deck list, but it'd be cool if there was an option to share (or create a private/public link) a deck with someone directly through gemp, so that they don't have to add all the cards manually.

Minor request, not very pressing. Just thought it'd be nice.

Also, x4 on the weapon thing. It can be especially confusing if it's something like:

Total destiny: 3
Result: Succeeded

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

How difficult would it be to include a tab for "References"?

It would be nice to link some of the more useful generic strategy articles for people who are trying to learn the game, such as:

https://www.starwarsccg.org/wp/data-tap ... ld-primer/ <- I link to this a lot
http://www.starwarsccg.org/resources/rules/ <- move this there as well?

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: RE: Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Hobbie »

ElDuderino wrote:A way to share deck lists with others. I know you can create a text/html deck list, but it'd be cool if there was an option to share (or create a private/public link) a deck with someone directly through gemp, so that they don't have to add all the cards manually.

Minor request, not very pressing. Just thought it'd be nice.

Also, x4 on the weapon thing. It can be especially confusing if it's something like:

Total destiny: 3
Result: Succeeded
+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Apollyon wrote:How difficult would it be to include a tab for "References"?

It would be nice to link some of the more useful generic strategy articles for people who are trying to learn the game, such as:

https://www.starwarsccg.org/wp/data-tap ... ld-primer/ <- I link to this a lot
http://www.starwarsccg.org/resources/rules/ <- move this there as well?
Glad to hear that article is getting some use! I just updated it a little bit today (mostly just cleaned it up, and added a few shield uses I hadn't discovered last May).
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Return to “GEMP”