GEMP Feature Requests

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: RE: Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by TB »

arebelspy wrote:
TB wrote:Dear GEMP shot callers. im only asking for one thing; a button in the deck builder that automatically adds one of each shield.

for some reason, finding all the defensive shields is such a choir. they dont all pop up if I ask the program to showmen all def shields, so I always have to find many of them manually by typing in bits of gametext that I remember. And when oi think I got em all I often miss a few still and have to restart the first game with a new deck. yeah I know, its prolly just me.
Here's a tip:
Make a DS deck called "DS shields" with all the shields out of deck, and no cards (or maybe just KAD v). Save it. Do the same with an "LS shields" deck.

Then when you want to make a new deck, open that deck instead, and then hit the "copy to new" button, and then click save and save it with the new name. Add whatever cards you want.

So basically every deck you build, you start with that template of shields.

Your idea is a good one, but until then, you can do this. I haven't added shields to a GEMP deck in a year because of this trick.

that is what I've been doing lately. but all my old decks dont have all the shields and its just a mess. obviously, I know I can fix it and maybe this request isa luxury one : ) but still..

Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

Dash_R
Holotable username: jarnotp
GEMP Username: Dash_R

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by Dash_R »

My suggestion:
Make a visualization (eg red border) on the card which has been targeted by "Clash Of Sabers/You Are Beaten" to remember that the character is excluded from movement and battle. Sometimes the players forget it in next turn.

Dash_R
Dash_R

brainschrat
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brainschrat »

When drawing destiny, I would like the message window to display the draw, all modifiers and the value for comparing when I have the possibility of taking an action (such as modifying the destiny etc.). Sometimes it's hard to decide whether to interact because you have to manually keep track of all modifiers (especially with things like CPI etc).

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

TB wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
TB wrote:Dear GEMP shot callers. im only asking for one thing; a button in the deck builder that automatically adds one of each shield.

for some reason, finding all the defensive shields is such a choir. they dont all pop up if I ask the program to showmen all def shields, so I always have to find many of them manually by typing in bits of gametext that I remember. And when oi think I got em all I often miss a few still and have to restart the first game with a new deck. yeah I know, its prolly just me.
Here's a tip:
Make a DS deck called "DS shields" with all the shields out of deck, and no cards (or maybe just KAD v). Save it. Do the same with an "LS shields" deck.

Then when you want to make a new deck, open that deck instead, and then hit the "copy to new" button, and then click save and save it with the new name. Add whatever cards you want.

Your idea is a good one, but until then, you can do this. I haven't added shields to a GEMP deck in a year because of this trick.

that is what I've been doing lately. but all my old decks dont have all the shields and its just a mess. obviously, I know I can fix it and maybe this request isa luxury one : ) but still..
search for game text "plays on table" then you have all shields except the Prize's. Defensive Shields are the only cards that use the wording "plays on table".
Gosse Z. - Seattle

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

gossuii wrote:
TB wrote:
arebelspy wrote:

Here's a tip:

search for game text "plays on table" then you have all shields except the Prize's. Defensive Shields are the only cards that use the wording "plays on table".
fantastic. thanks!
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

also there’s a drop down menu for filter by card type
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

its very easy to lose track of the game timer. could there be a ping or have the timer box star flashing or something when it gets down to 2 minutes for either player?

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

Dash_R wrote:My suggestion:
Make a visualization (eg red border) on the card which has been targeted by "Clash Of Sabers/You Are Beaten" to remember that the character is excluded from movement and battle. Sometimes the players forget it in next turn.

Dash_R
+1

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

I think the features I'm most interested aren't actually in game features. I've mentioned one of these before, but the features I'd be most interested to see in GEMP are:

1) Option to skip back and forward to particular rounds/turns during gemp replays. Sitting through 5-10 minutes of replay, even at fast forward, to get to a particular battle on T7 can be frustrating. Missing a key part of that battle and having to do it all over again is infuriating! :)

2) A feature that displays average destiny value of the cards in your deck, with an added feature that allows you to manually select cards to exclude from the calculation (e.g., starting stuff, cards you pull T1, etc.). I do this in a spreadsheet now, but it's cumbersome, and I always forget to update it when I make minor changes to a deck.

3) A feature that allows you run test draws on opening hands. Especially when building a new deck, I'd love to get a sense for how opening hands are likely to look.

Cheers!

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

ElDuderino wrote:I think the features I'm most interested aren't actually in game features. I've mentioned one of these before, but the features I'd be most interested to see in GEMP are:

1) Option to skip back and forward to particular rounds/turns during gemp replays. Sitting through 5-10 minutes of replay, even at fast forward, to get to a particular battle on T7 can be frustrating. Missing a key part of that battle and having to do it all over again is infuriating! :)

2) A feature that displays average destiny value of the cards in your deck, with an added feature that allows you to manually select cards to exclude from the calculation (e.g., starting stuff, cards you pull T1, etc.). I do this in a spreadsheet now, but it's cumbersome, and I always forget to update it when I make minor changes to a deck.

3) A feature that allows you run test draws on opening hands. Especially when building a new deck, I'd love to get a sense for how opening hands are likely to look.

Cheers!

# 2 and #3 are currently part of Holotable if that helps

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

gogolen wrote:
ElDuderino wrote:I think the features I'm most interested aren't actually in game features. I've mentioned one of these before, but the features I'd be most interested to see in GEMP are:

Cheers!

Sort of?

It's nice that this feature exists somewhere, but I'm not super keen on building decks in two different places (especially one I have to install software for), and, also, I only play on GEMP! :)

But it's certainly a reasonable option. Thanks!

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

Can we get the Prizes to show up as shields? That's what they are. They're not characters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Hobbie wrote:Can we get the Prizes to show up as shields? That's what they are. They're not characters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes they are...

They are played similar to shields but all are characters, usually rebels...
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

They should still show up as shields, pedantry aside. 100% of their use is with the shields.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

ElDuderino wrote:
gogolen wrote:

Cheers!

Sort of?

It's nice that this feature exists somewhere, but I'm not super keen on building decks in two different places (especially one I have to install software for), and, also, I only play on GEMP! :)

But it's certainly a reasonable option. Thanks!
Alternatively an integration between Holodeck and GEMP deckbuilder?
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Sorry if this is already listed but the ability to view your discard pile would be great. I sometimes forget everything I've played and makes things like Solo harder.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

OrehRuoy wrote:Sorry if this is already listed but the ability to view your discard pile would be great. I sometimes forget everything I've played and makes things like Solo harder.
Already there. You can click to see OOP cards, it's next to the activate icons on the top left.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
OrehRuoy wrote:Sorry if this is already listed but the ability to view your discard pile would be great. I sometimes forget everything I've played and makes things like Solo harder.
Already there. You can click to see OOP cards, it's next to the activate icons on the top left.
I think he wants the discard pile not removed from game.

Looking at discard pile is actually against the game rules unless something lets you.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Oh you're right, he's asking about the lost pile.

Yeah, you aren't allowed to look through your lost pile unless a card specifically says to.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Oh im used to playing magic where you can always look at it

Return to “GEMP (Online Play)”