GEMP Feature Requests

jjgross1
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: jjgross1

Re: Create 2 new game settings

Post by jjgross1 »

Death Star wrote:
jjgross1 wrote: I still think that at the very least, there should be one chance to allow the player to perform any actions during opponent's draw phase, which should happen immediately after opponent has drawn their last card.
Eh, that is not how Star Wars CCG works. Opponent draws their first card, you get an action. If you pass and he passes, it is your turn. There is no "I wait until you are finished with drawing and then I want to do an action".

I think the most important feature which already exists is:
You can set auto-pass to 1 second and then you do not have to click but just have your mouse marker inside the box with the "Pass" buttom. Then opponent draws a card, you pass automatically after 1 second, opponent draws a second card, you pass automatically after 1 second and so on. When you want to do an action instead of passing, just move your mouse marker outside the box and then play the card or click the card you want to activate.
Please don't misunderstand... The "at the very least" comment about priority to play during your opponent drawing cards was referencing if the player has the setting "auto allow opponent to draw as many cards" turned on. If the player has this setting turned off, then gameplay would work exactly as it does today.

On second thought, these settings could be called.
1) Auto bypass Priority during opponent's Activate Phase.
2) Auto bypass Priority during opponent's Draw Phase.

If a player has both settings turned off, play would work as it does today.
If a player has both settings turned on, then the player would not get a chance to play anything during the opponent's Activate or Draw Phases (including not getting the how much force to allow opponent to activate popup), but there are still plenty of opportunities to play cards/abilities during the Control, Deploy, Battle, and Move Phases of your opponent's turn.

jjgross1
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: jjgross1

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by jjgross1 »

As an addendum to my last post when either of these two settings turned on, the player should still receive priority after the opponent has initiated an action (aside from activating force and drawing cards) during their turn... Example. Opponent draws Omni box, immediately plays it, and you should get priority to grab it from something like grappling hook, or cancel it with a sense.

psoetens
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: psoetens

Post by psoetens »

Maybe it has been asked before, but a higher resolution game text/lore would really help during deck building/ the game.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Although I know the foreseeable GEMP work is very crowded, I think I'd like to plug for this feature again, that has been listed before by others, hoping it can be bumped up in priority:
ElDuderino wrote:I think the features I'm most interested aren't actually in game features. I've mentioned one of these before, but the features I'd be most interested to see in GEMP are:

1) Option to skip back and forward to particular rounds/turns during gemp replays. Sitting through 5-10 minutes of replay, even at fast forward, to get to a particular battle on T7 can be frustrating. Missing a key part of that battle and having to do it all over again is infuriating! :)
Mainly, I think it would really make the ability to look at bugs much faster. Doesn't mean they can be fixed faster but if 1/2 of the time the programmers have is taken up just watching through "useless" replay to get to the important part, it seems like we could make better use of that time with this feature.

The Biggest Issue I see with this feature (other than that I know little about programming in general, outside of excel formulas), is the interaction with reverts. Mainly as gemp goes on an overall timer and records before and after the revert, so you have "alternate realities" so to speak. However, I would love to see something like this:
  • Jump Foward/Back To:
    DS Turn 1 - Activate, Control, Deploy (Reverted), Deploy, Move (Reverted), Move (2nd Revert), Move, Draw.
    LS Turn 1 - Activate, Control, Deploy, Move, Draw (3rd Revert), Draw.
    ... Etc.

(and secondly these three:)
Spoiler
Show
  • 2) A feature that displays average destiny value of the cards in your deck, with an added feature that allows you to manually select cards to exclude from the calculation (e.g., starting stuff, cards you pull T1, etc.).
    (Yes I know holotable has this (without the removal option)).
  • Expanding the search in deck builder to include "within your library" or "within this deck"...so If I want to find which of my 3 OA builds has X card without opening them, or which cards in the deck I've already built are smugglers, I can do that more easily.
  • A way to revert mid-battle. Need not be every action, but to each "phase" of battle would at least speed up some gameplay.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

OrehRuoy
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: orehruoy

Post by OrehRuoy »

Notification when someone joins your game. I often open a table and do other things since there is a wait at times.

Sometimes it does popup a new tab which I like it notifies me but it only does that sometimes. I haven't figured out what causes that yet. That could be a solution to have it always do that. Another is to have it make a sound like when you start a game that super loud lightsaber sound.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

When naming decks, it has a character limit of 3-40. However, it doesn't stop you from typing if you exceed that. Having it stop you would be helpful.

To further help with naming I'd really like to have the option for category "tags" to be added to decks. Tag would include: Objective (Or "Other"), Intended Format, Side of force (it basically has that already), and (last updated). Also, displaying the number of cards when pulling up the decks would be helpful so if some are for sealed (or non-complete) that could be visualized right away.

My typical decks will go: LS - Open - Obj: Title (V.1) 01/01/2020. And more often then not I hit the character limit.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

It would be nice to be able to turn off autopass(or set it to only autopass until the end of the phase) to avoid telegraphing tricks to my opponent and/or late game weirdness(see Jawa Cup thread).

Also, it's been mentioned before, but something that calculates the deck's average destiny would be nice.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Corran wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 12:45 pm
It would be nice to be able to turn off autopass(or set it to only autopass until the end of the phase) to avoid telegraphing tricks to my opponent and/or late game weirdness(see Jawa Cup thread).

Also, it's been mentioned before, but something that calculates the deck's average destiny would be nice.
Just as an FYI, autopass is only active if your "mouse" is in the autopass box - to turn it "off" just move your mouse out of that area and pass normally.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Paul McPherson wrote:
Corran wrote:

Just as an FYI, autopass is only active if your "mouse" is in the autopass box - to turn it "off" just move your mouse out of that area and pass normally.
The feature he meant to ask for, based on the jawa cup comment, was the ability to turn off gemp autopassing your phase if you have no available actions.

This is not something that can currently be turned off. I think it should always be off, not even an option.

Paul McPherson
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

arebelspy wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 1:18 am
Paul McPherson wrote:
Corran wrote:

The feature he meant to ask for, based on the jawa cup comment, was the ability to turn off gemp autopassing your phase if you have no available actions.

This is not something that can currently be turned off. I think it should always be off, not even an option.
I see - that would indeed be nice to be able to toggle off.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Just putting it somewhere. You guys are rocking those updates out quickly. Great!
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

aermet69
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Paul McPherson wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:41 am
Corran wrote:

How does that box look? I tried to find it yesterday without any real luck...
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

aermet69 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:27 am
Paul McPherson wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:41 am
Corran wrote:

How does that box look? I tried to find it yesterday without any real luck...
It's the box where you click to activate, pass, revert, etc. If you hover your mouse pointer over it while you can pass, it will countdown 5 seconds for autopass (so without clicking "pass"). You can set the countdown to less seconds if you want (I prefer 2 seconds myself)
Gosse Z. - Seattle

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

When you click on a location to get the "zoom" it should unstack all characters, no matter how small it makes the individual cards, this would eliminate 90% of mis-forfeits. For space battles you could have ships on the left with their occupants on the right or something, some way so you can still tell who is on what ship without them being tiny little tabs with little to identify them by.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

ability to sort deck (visually) by destiny number.

additionally, mark some cards as starting so they sort out first (or last, or separate. whatever).

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

In the merchant an “upgrade to v-slip” option for when you get an underlying card (e.g. Master Qui-Gonn from Coruscant has terrible printed game text but his vslip text is excellent).
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

vhstapes wrote:When you click on a location to get the "zoom" it should unstack all characters, no matter how small it makes the individual cards, this would eliminate 90% of mis-forfeits. For space battles you could have ships on the left with their occupants on the right or something, some way so you can still tell who is on what ship without them being tiny little tabs with little to identify them by.
A better way to forfeit in space would be really nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

r_chou_d2
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by r_chou_d2 »

I'm just checking the game out again after a hiatus and want to suggest a feature that I think would really help people of all levels get used to different deck mechanics: 1 player mode. Someone can log-in, load 2 decks and play against himself. Sides swap automatically at each prompt (play/pass/action), potentially with option to manually toggle to avoid some bugs. Having a bunch of new sets and cards and not having a ton of experience it would be really helpful for me to play out a few hands without a full game commitment just to see how the force flows through each deck. Not sure how hard that would be, but I think this would be a very useful mode.

Thanks for all the hard work.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

I know some of these have been brought up a few times, but it would be great if:

(1) Closed Playtesting on GEMP. This would stop everyone from using alts come MPC and Worlds time. Make the games non-viewable (like D&D playtesters have) and set it up as a league event for each "play group" so that each person can only have a few "secret" games per month. This would still get the allure of the public being able to watch the Desais and Emils and Olsons playing some of their games, but they would also get to playtest a few games without the world watching. Charge a premium fee for it and it becomes a PC fundraiser. Win-win.

(2) Create a "Deck notes" section that is a typeable field where players can write notes about the deck that saves along with it. Often times I will just tweak a few cards in a deck and it'd be helpful to list a few "61st" cards that I go back and forth between so that I don't have to have HITCO_ver 245.

(3) Your Ship? (V) foil card. I want a full set of shield foils, but this card isn't in the merchant. Obviously this is the most important task the GEMP team should be working on, even though I listed it last. (Although an option/check box to "Replace (or un-replace) Deck Cards with Foil Cards in Collection" would be REALLY amazing!!!!)

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

chriskelly wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 1:21 pm

(2) Create a "Deck notes" section that is a typeable field where players can write notes about the deck that saves along with it. Often times I will just tweak a few cards in a deck and it'd be helpful to list a few "61st" cards that I go back and forth between so that I don't have to have HITCO_ver 245.
This is a great idea. I can't tell you how many times I cut a card and want to put it back in, but forget what card it was. It would also help when sharing decks if it just had a few sentences giving the elevator pitch for the deck.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Return to “GEMP (Online Play)”