GEMP Feature Requests

rhendon

Re: GEMP Feature Requests

Post by rhendon »

ideatrack wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 5:50 pm
Given how long it takes to save up for a box with 5G a week, is there any chance of also throwing in some Gold for league participations / top 5 or something?
From what I've been told, the prizes are hard coded into the league. This might be a possibility later but right now it isn't easily done.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

I don't know if this counts as a feature request, but links to the discord server and to the forum should be on the gemp login page.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

If the leagues page isn't getting a revamp, can it be sorted by ultimate end date of all Series?

Would be good to see which ones are finished, or nearly finished - as well as those to join with plenty of time left...

Thanks!

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

Would also be good to be able to put up tables for both sides to maximise games that get played. Thanks!

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Calaglin wrote:
May 23rd, 2017, 3:05 am

-a keyboard shortcut for the 'pass' button (p?)
Pretty please... this is from the very first post in this topic...
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

Any chance of the limit of number of tables being put up being removed?

If they all come down when people enter a game - surely it doesn't matter?

Many thanks...

CoffeePass

Post by CoffeePass »

Apologies if this somewhere higher up in the thread, but EchoBaseTrooper mentioned that it might be possible for there to be some sort of pop up confirmation window when losing characters from a space battle (the current issue being that characters stacked on ships are so small and it's easy to click the wrong one), which is a good work around since obviously figuring out how to re-size it so you can actually see all the characters would be a far more involved project. I know a similar confirmation window already exists if you were to click the ship (along the lines of "You are about to lose this ship when there's still characters on it you can forfeit, are you sure?"), so having one for characters would be cool (though I guess the trick in coding it would probably be for it only to happen when there's a big stack and not every time you lose any character).

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor

Post by Bib Fortuna »

In regards to Solo (and similar cards), I would like a way to determine which possible cards he can play, and a confirmation for which trigger he’s responding to, so we don’t need to rely on reverts.

For example, in one recent game, my opponent played Sniper combo to fire a weapon in their control phase. I knew I had Dodge in my lost pile, and I intended to use Solo to play it. However, I didn’t know that I also had a Sense in my lost pile. Sense and Dodge use different triggers, and Solo’s action forced me to play the Sense instead.

What I’d like instead is when Solo lights up to play an interrupt as a response, there should be a drop down menu that says “Play X interrupt,” and if the desired interrupt isn’t listed, you can simply cancel the action. Similarly to how it gives you the option to cancel the deployment of a character during the “choose a location” phase of deployment.

So in the example above, it’ll ask you “Play Sense?” And if Sense isn’t the Interrupt you want to play, you can cancel the action, preserving Solo’s once per game action, and allowing the Sniper action to continue to the point where it’s appropriate to play Dodge instead.
They fly now!

chrknudsen2
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Post by chrknudsen2 »

You have to remember what cards are in your Lost Pile, though. If GEMP were to ask/present a list of playable Interrupts like that, I feel like it would differ too much from IRL play, maybe?

Though I do understand the issue with the scenario presented (Sense triggers the moment Sniper is played, Dodge after a target has been selected, right?).

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 7:18 am
In regards to Solo (and similar cards), I would like a way to determine which possible cards he can play, and a confirmation for which trigger he’s responding to, so we don’t need to rely on reverts.

For example, in one recent game, my opponent played Sniper combo to fire a weapon in their control phase. I knew I had Dodge in my lost pile, and I intended to use Solo to play it. However, I didn’t know that I also had a Sense in my lost pile. Sense and Dodge use different triggers, and Solo’s action forced me to play the Sense instead.

What I’d like instead is when Solo lights up to play an interrupt as a response, there should be a drop down menu that says “Play X interrupt,” and if the desired interrupt isn’t listed, you can simply cancel the action. Similarly to how it gives you the option to cancel the deployment of a character during the “choose a location” phase of deployment.

So in the example above, it’ll ask you “Play Sense?” And if Sense isn’t the Interrupt you want to play, you can cancel the action, preserving Solo’s once per game action, and allowing the Sniper action to continue to the point where it’s appropriate to play Dodge instead.
This request is breaking a rule though. You’re not able to look through your lost pile at any time. Onus is on you to know what interrupts are in there when playing Solo or Watch Your Step. And the onus is also probably on you to know exactly when to play certain things, albeit trickier like in the example you give.
Jared Napolitano
Follow Star Wars CCG on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/swccg
Subscribe to the PC's YouTube page: YouTube.com/c/StarWarsCCG
Spoiler
Show
Individual performance for all players in all Majors since 9/2014: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults
Gemp Operational Guide & FAQ's: tinyurl.com/GempGuideFAQs
PC Foil & AI Slip Checklist: tinyurl.com/PCslipsChecklist
2020 OCS: 58-26 (T16) ll 2019 OCS: 54-30 ll 2018 OCS: 41-55

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

I think the biggest actual issue with Solo playing Sense when you don’t intend to is that you’re forced to complete the action before you can revert. You’ll draw the destiny for Sense, and lose Force to There Is No Try, revealing cards that should not have been revealed. If there was a way to back out of the Solo action before all those other triggers happen, that would be great.

I mean, in that scenario, what’s the proper play? Just live with the result of the unintended Sense, or revert with the knowledge of the cards that were revealed?
Last edited by Bib Fortuna on October 12th, 2020, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
They fly now!

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

I mean, in that scenario, what’s the proper play? Just live with the result of the unintended Sense, or revert with the knowledge of the cards that were revealed?
That's up to your and your opponent, but for me I'd likely allow the revert, and the consequence of your misplay is that I get to see two cards I otherwise wouldn't have. Doesn't seem much different than someone forgetting to pull Battle Plan or Ultimatum before a drain goes through - you can ask to go back and pull the shield, but still have to lose cards first.

Unfortunately its a situation where GEMP can never really match IRL (where you could ask for a shield or say nevermind on Solo before completing the action). But I don't think changing how Solo works is the answer, for the reasons already laid out.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

ideatrack wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 4:25 pm
Any chance of the limit of number of tables being put up being removed?

If they all come down when people enter a game - surely it doesn't matter?

Many thanks...
Just raising this again. I'm in more leagues than I can put tables up for at the moment and would like to maximise the games I can play. Thanks!

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

With the release of Shadow Collective, there will be an increased need for refined filtering so you can build a deck appropriately. So would it be possible to search for “ISB agent,” “Black Sun agent,” or characters that will fit with Shadow Collective? Having to do multiple separate searches can be tiresome.
They fly now!

Jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

First Order and Episode VII are options in the Deck Builder filter "Icon:", but Resistance is not.
Can Resistance be added? Would think this is a simple fix.
Jared Napolitano
Spoiler
Show
Individual performance for all players in all Majors since 9/2014: tinyurl.com/SWCCGmajorResults

Jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:56 pm
With the release of Shadow Collective, there will be an increased need for refined filtering so you can build a deck appropriately. So would it be possible to search for “ISB agent,” “Black Sun agent,” or characters that will fit with Shadow Collective? Having to do multiple separate searches can be tiresome.
This is a good idea. Wonder how feasible it would also be to expand to other decks, like "What cards with ability can I deploy in Watch Your Step that WON'T be deploy +6?" or "What cards with ability can I deploy in Invasion?".
Jared Napolitano
Spoiler
Show

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 9:44 am
Bib Fortuna wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:56 pm
This is a good idea. Wonder how feasible it would also be to expand to other decks, like "What cards with ability can I deploy in Watch Your Step that WON'T be deploy +6?" or "What cards with ability can I deploy in Invasion?".
Until something like this gets added, you can use the scomp link page to find it.

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

And as I noted in another thread, searching for “Hutt” will reveal anyone with “shuttle” in their lore.

What if the way this works is, if you add an objective that has character restrictions in it, there could be a checkbox to only reveal characters and ships that are allowable in that deck?
They fly now!

ideatrack
Starter
Starter

Post by ideatrack »

What would be really good would be to see all of the leagues you are in at the top of the leagues page. with so many private leagues now it's getting harder to pick out the ones I'm in easily. Thanks.

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan
GEMP Username: batmouse

Post by Batmouse »

ideatrack wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 5:32 pm
What would be really good would be to see all of the leagues you are in at the top of the leagues page. with so many private leagues now it's getting harder to pick out the ones I'm in easily. Thanks.
So if you’re in a league it will be avaialable in your scroll down for tables you can create. Simply check your tables before attempting to join and you should be fine.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

Return to “GEMP”