Event Location
The District Company
315 Graham Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
1-715-864-4320
http://www.district.company/

Event Details
Open to all players
4 Game Constructed Deck Tournament (Playtest Format)

Cost
FREE!

Prizes
Exclusive V-Slip courtesy of SWCCG PC. Other prizes TBD based on attendance.

We will have plenty of cards and extra decks for those who don't have cards or want to try out something new. Expecting this to be a pretty small group so all games will be very casual. Updates will be posted here.

Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Re: Eau Claire WI LTW Tournament - Nov 13

Post by mingtown »

Just received the AI slips. Join us on Sunday and get yours!
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

And the winner of the 2016 Eau Claire WI LTW Tournament is...

ADAM T!

Adam went 3-0 by defeating Carl, Jeremy and me to take the title. A short TR:

We had 8 players to start the tournament, which is a great turnout. It was a mixture of veterans and new/returning players. We got underway a little after 12PM.

Game 1: My QMC vs Zach's DS Combat
I decided to give QMC another try after seeing how successful it was at Worlds and after acquiring a H1 package. Zach sets up Sidious and Maul on Naboo and starts to drain. I set up my guys on CC and start my drains. At some point Celebration is played along with Ultimatum, keeping his damage to 4/turn while I retrieved 2. Once Pucumir hit the table it was pretty much over. Pretty standard non-interactive Combat/QMC game.
Win

Game 2: My ISB vs Quentin's Hyperdrive
I had only seen Hyperdrive played once so I only knew the basic concept of it- set up on Tatooine and drain cards into No Parts, No Deal. I am running the Executor/Finalizer version in this game. A couple of turns in I realize that I had forgotten to put a Cmd Merrijk into my deck! Luckily I had open handed Bespin but Jakku was trapped in my reserve deck for the time being. Instead I set up my free Executor at Bespin and put the Finalizer to Quentin's Naboo. My ISB agents all went to my generic docking bay deployed to Tatooine to lower the LS force drains. We trade trains back and forth for a few turns, eventually my damage was up to 9/turn and Quentin's at 5/6. I ended up winning the damage race just before he could get enough guys to come over and contest my docking bay.
Win

After game 2 some of the guys had to head out due to personal obligations.
Game 3: My QMC vs Adam's Invasion
I had played several iterations of Adam's Invasion deck so I knew it wouldn't be an easy game. We start and he flips fairly quickly, but stays on Naboo. I manage to flip turn 2/3 and stack my guys at the guest quarters. Pucumir and Deneb Both were out early to deal with Tey How canceling my system drains at Bespin. With Celebration out and a well-timed We're Doomed the game was tilting in my favor. However Adam decided to invade CC with some droids and took out a couple of my guys with 2 destiny draws of 6. Ouch. Not wanting to tempt fate again I decided to play hide and seek with the rest of my scrubs, getting in drains where I could. But he was catching up quickly. I managed to get in a total drain of 5 of his remaining 6 life force but it was too late. He won the game and title the next turn... BY ONE CARD. :explode: Well fought, Adam. We were both mentally exhausted at this point- I forgot to even take a picture of him with his custom OTSD box cover (Thanks Dan!).

At this point the remaining players also ran out of time, so we capped the games at 3. Still though, an awesome turnout for this event. Thanks to everyone for coming and I hope you had fun. Thanks to the PC for the sweet AI slips! Also thanks to the District Company for hosting us once again. If anyone is ever visiting Eau Claire I would highly recommend you check out their new location. It's fantastic!
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Nice report and congrats on hosting the event. Looking forward to hearing more about this new community and it's development

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

adamtrunzo
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by adamtrunzo »

I had a blast yesterday and a huge thanks goes out to Ming for organizing and promoting the game here in Wisconsin!

Game 1:

My Invasion v Carl's Combat

Since I run a matching weapons version of Invasion with Dooku and Maul I felt a little outclassed by Combat. He managed to lightsaber combat maul once and dooku twice. I managed an Elis Helrot to beat down one of the Jedi causing an overflow of 10. I was able to squeak out a win by controlling more sites and draining but I only won by 8 I believe.

Game 2:

My RST v Jeremy's BHBM

I have only ever played against this objective once. I started off by playing Gen Solo Madine, and Derlin to the RLS and moving to the Back Door. He deploys Vader, Dooku, and someone else to the RLS. I am able to get all the pulls I need to and blow up the bunker in my 3rd turn while putting some distance between me and the dark jedi by playing dense forest in between the RLS and Back Door. This slowed him down as he could not use Blizzard 4 to reinforce. I am able to drain for 5-6 with a lot of power stacked up at the Back Door and a drain of 3 with Home One and Launching the Assault at Endor. I won the drain race pretty well. The entire game I was terrified of what he was going to do to grab Luke and run off with him but my big stack at the Back Door kept him from coming to me. I won by 14.

Game 3:

My Invasion v Ming's QMC

Ming was spot on with almost everything from our game. The one thing he left out was the early Elis I tried with Dooku w saber and a B2 w Blaster that was countered with Quite a Mercenary! That was a huge blow and a caused me to be on the back foot for most of the game. With his retrieval and Menace Fades out I was struggling to keep up. Tey How is awesome for this and I had to make some risky engagements to cancel his Menace Fades for a turn and get in some decent damage. Even though I was down to one life force and no space presence I was able to take Ming's last two life force with YBD blaster pings! What a great and tough game!

Return to “Local Tournament Weekend - Nov. 12-13”