Hotel Information

Bloomington, MN
TacoBill

Re: Hotel Information

Post by TacoBill »

Did this code/deal stop already? Getting "This event is now closed to new reservations." when I tried to book.

Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Yes. The block was available until the 20th, which it looks like was never mentioned here.

If you book directly through the hotel, be sure to let them know that you are part of the Player's Committee group.

Plumbertim
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Plumbertim »

Was it posted somewhere that the hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport. Or is there an easy walk to walk over from the airport?

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Plumbertim wrote:Was it posted somewhere that the hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport. Or is there an easy walk to walk over from the airport?
They do have a shuttle, but only from 6am to 10:30pm, and I'm not sure how often it runs or exactly where to get on it. I assume follow signs in the terminal to hotel shuttles/transportation or something like that.

I'd recommend taking the light rail though. Follow the signs in the terminal to Light Rail (it's kinda a hike, and you have to take at least one tram to get there - but it's not bad). Buy a ticket at one of the machines on the platform ($1.75 for a one-way ticket at most times - if it's a weekday between 3pm and 6:30pm it's $2.25 instead). Get on the train toward the MALL OF AMERICA (not downtown minneapolis), go 2 or 3 stops (depending if you flew into Terminal 1 or 2) and get off at BLOOMINGTON CENTRAL STATION. From there the hotel is like a block to the north.

Here is a link from the hotel with info about both the shuttle and light rail: https://bloomington.regency.hyatt.com/e ... uttle.html (but wow the "area map" on that page is awful)
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

why is the price higher during peak times? public transit should be the same price all the time
Jerry H

Image Image

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

quesosauce37 wrote:why is the price higher during peak times? public transit should be the same price all the time
Supply & Demand my friend...

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Plumbertim
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Plumbertim »

Thanks guys. See ya soon!

puck71

Post by puck71 »

quesosauce37 wrote:why is the price higher during peak times? public transit should be the same price all the time
Yeah I don't know why they bother.
John Anderson

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

gogolen wrote:

so extorting people on fixed (or lower) incomes who cant afford a car, for supply and demand is ok? also public transit is supposed to be encouraged over cars, but this feels like a bus/train tax

my car doesnt cost 75 cents more to run from 3-6
Jerry H

Image Image

puck71

Post by puck71 »

quesosauce37 wrote:
gogolen wrote:

so extorting people on fixed (or lower) incomes who cant afford a car, for supply and demand is ok? also public transit is supposed to be encouraged over cars, but this feels like a bus/train tax

Think of it as an off-peak discount instead.
John Anderson

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

quesosauce37 wrote:
gogolen wrote:

Sure it does. If you're in stop and go traffic.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

fungineer wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote:
gogolen wrote:

Sure it does. If you're in stop and go traffic.
ok, but light rail doesn't have to worry about stop and go traffic

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

For the hotel shuttle, do we have to call them when we're at the airport wanting a pickup, or do they just do a loop and we go to an area and wait? I've seen it done both ways.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

arebelspy wrote:For the hotel shuttle, do we have to call them when we're at the airport wanting a pickup, or do they just do a loop and we go to an area and wait? I've seen it done both ways.
I didn't see it specify on their site, but for a big hotel like this I assume it runs on a loop. I know there's a specific area for shuttle pickups. I'd still recommend taking the light rail instead though. I think the trains will be running every 10 minutes when you get in.
John Anderson

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Re: shuttle. We took it when we arrived and it went door to door . Just ask in the transport centre when you exit the airport
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Thanks Emil!

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Darth_Link wrote:Re: shuttle. We took it when we arrived and it went door to door . Just ask in the transport centre when you exit the airport
We just got here....there is an area in Ground Transportation for hotel shuttles. They seem to run on a fixed schedule. We had to wait about 20 minutes for it to pick us up, but it's probably less than a 10 minute ride so that wasn't bad at all.

See you guys in a bit.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Getting on the clearly labeled shuttle now!

Return to “World Championships - August 10-13 2017”