Online Weekend 2018, May 26-28

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Online Weekend 2018, May 26-28

Post by Shadow 14 »

Online Play Weekend! The Local Tournament Weekend for the digital age is back!

On Saturday May 26, Sunday May 27, and Monday May 28 (Memorial Day) 2018, the Players Committee will be hosting Online Play Weekend. Much like Local Tournament Weekend in the fall, this event is meant to encourage everyone to set aside a few hours of their day and just play some Star Wars cards. Players are encouraged to log some games on Holotable or GEMP (or both)!

For those who might not be familiar with online play via Holotable or GEMP, information can be found here.

The current Online Championship Series on GEMP makes it more easy than ever to play some online games and get exclusive foil cards. By playing in the May OCS you can get the prize for completing 10 games and the special Holo Foil cards all in one weekend. Information about the OCS can be found here.

Additionally, if you are new to either of these formats, do not be intimidated or discouraged from trying your hand at enjoying SWCCG in a new way. Simply tell your opponent you are new to the format and they will more than likely be helpful in walking you through the steps and you are free to expected their patience as you familiarize yourself with the system since you learning the format benefits the community as a whole.

To mark the occasion, the Players Committee will reward those who participate in the online event with 2 special (physical) premium cards (not available anywhere else), as a thank you for trying out our annual Online Play Day! We will also try to coordinate the 2 cards as special easter eggs, that will be digitally released via GEMP on the Online Weekend for the whole community to enjoy.

Last year's cards were the "Holo Foil"versions of Aayla Secura and General Grievous:
aaylasecura_V_holovariant.jpg
aaylasecura_V_holovariant.jpg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
aaylasecura_V_holovariant.jpg
aaylasecura_V_holovariant.jpg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
generalgrievous_V-hologram_variant.gif
generalgrievous_V-hologram_variant.gif (68.15 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
generalgrievous_V-hologram_variant.gif
generalgrievous_V-hologram_variant.gif (68.15 KiB) Viewed 2483 times

This year, another "Holo Foil Online" version of another DS and another LS character will be revealed.

For those who plan to participate, please post in this thread with the approximate time you will be on during the weekend (assuming you won't just be in the digital lobby all weekend!) and the online program you will be using (either GEMP or Holotable). Then, at some point during your game(s), please snap a screen shot of the game (hit Ctrl + Prt Scrn for most Windows users) and send an e-mail to volunteers@starwarsccg.org with the following:
1. A copy of the screen shot from the game
2. A brief description of the game (including your opponent, the decks each player used and the result of the game)
3. Your forum name and either your Holotable or GEMP user name
4. Your physical mailing address

We'd also appreciate it if you included any unique events or accomplishments from your game in your brief write up; whether it be your blew up a Death Star or turned Luke to the Dark Side or got a ton of Ewoks to beat up a Sith Lord. Feel free to post a copy of your mini game report in a topic in this forum.

Any questions, comments, suggestion? Post here! We're looking forward to making this event a success and enjoyable time for the whole community!

Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

stimpy

Re: Online Weekend 2018, May 26-27

Post by stimpy »

Sounds awesome! Most likely for me is to be online around 7 pm on Saturday, eastern USA time. Looking forward.

darthdestroyer85
GEMP Username: Maul1985

Post by darthdestroyer85 »

May 26th, as much as I can be during the day, eastern time US

When I play on GEMP, it’s like I’m a cross between Tom the Cat and Leroy Jenkins.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Does this really have to be over Memorial Day weekend? I'm traveling for the holiday weekend and won't be able to play on those days, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. Is there another way that we can get the promo cards? Can we at least extend this to include Memorial Day itself? I could probably play on Monday.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

I'll be online on Gemp the Saturday evening, European time (CET)!
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

spideyguy0 wrote:Does this really have to be over Memorial Day weekend? I'm traveling for the holiday weekend and won't be able to play on those days, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. Is there another way that we can get the promo cards? Can we at least extend this to include Memorial Day itself? I could probably play on Monday.
Now extended to include Memorial Day!

It's been planned ages ago, and neglected a bit so far. I figured, if we don't launch/announce it soon then it won't be worth it at all anymore.
We'll do better next time. And if some-one has to be away with the family and squeezes in a game Thursday night... I probably won't check the date. ;) Main goal is that you all have fun and play tons of games.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan
GEMP Username: batmouse

Re: Online Weekend 2018, May 26-28

Post by Batmouse »

Sporadically through the day. I may create a league for extra online prizes for that weekend and to also track those playing games over the weekend.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Thanks for extending to Monday! I'm at an event all weekend for Memorial Day, but I can play some Monday afternoon/evening!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

laforge27
Holotable username: laforge27
GEMP Username: laforge27

Post by laforge27 »

I will be on GEMP some each of those days. Looking forward to it! Heck, I might even play with shields for the first time that weekend, just to make it EXTRA special!
Thanks!

Silverglen
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: silverglen

Post by Silverglen »

I’ll be on gemp throughout the weekend but only when my boy is asleep so likely to be 8pm gmt onwards
Welsh National Winner 2019, 5th Euro 2018, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I'll be around either early morning before 9 am, or after 9 pm a few of the days I'm sure, CDT.

On GEMP because...well...it's better. (If only it had all the cards :( )
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

alphabeta
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: alphabeta; GalenErso

Post by alphabeta »

Cool initiative!
Like last year it falls on the same weekend as the Norwegian nationals :)
So will most likely join on GEMP on sunday or monday. Both days will be in the evening, CET

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I have so many plans for a great Norwegian National, but unfortunately we cannot find a date that does not collide with several other things.

Maybe one day.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

I'll be on gemp as much as possible that weekend (which unfortunately probably won't be much).
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

TechTerror
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

I will be on GEMP starting around 22:00 MST through 03:00 on Friday night and Saturday night with Sunday night less likely. This means I will be there to play the European players early Saturday and Sunday mornings. Looking forward to this!!

I have a friend in town who only plays Holotable from time to time. I will pass the word on to him and maybe he will be present on Holotable or I will have finally convinced him to get to GEMP by then. His name is Kaneceo. I'll start working on him now!
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

Thanks for extending, I go to a convention every year over the holiday. I'll be for sure be gone all day saturday.

SolaGratia

Post by SolaGratia »

I am going to try GEMP probably 5/27 either afternoon (PST) or later evening. This will probably be my first time trying to play on GEMP.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

SolaGratia wrote:I am going to try GEMP probably 5/27 either afternoon (PST) or later evening. This will probably be my first time trying to play on GEMP.
Try to get online before then and note that you're a first timer in the comments section. Youl need a few minutes to get comfortable, but it's fairly intuitive after a few reps
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

I’ll be around in evenings (CST, -6 GMT) b/c wife and kiddos will be out of town.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

Martindb
GEMP Username: MartinNL

Post by Martindb »

I'll be on Gemp the 27th , hopefully I can play a couple of celebrations during the games then, as it is my birthday :)
Runner up Dutch Nationals 2019

Return to “Online Weekend - May 26-28 2018”