Plan some extra time for your flight out

Minneapolis, MN
jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Plan some extra time for your flight out

Post by jimli »

http://www.startribune.com/no-tsa-prech ... 547075132/

One of the two security check areas in Terminal 1 (the main one where the major carriers fly out of) will be closed starting this week for renovations. Hard to predict the exact impact but I don't like the way it sounds, especially for people flying out Monday morning since that tends to be a busy time.

Terminal 2, where Sun Country, JetBlue and Southwest fly out of, is unaffected.

If you're square like me and always show up to the airport two hours before a flight, it probably doesn't matter. If you like to cut it close, this might be the one time to avoid doing that.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Plan some extra time for your flight out

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Thanks for the heads up. How long does it take to get tsa precheck done? I don't have it but now seems like a good time to get it if I have time.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Yoshi
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Yoshi »

Even during the busiest times, Pre-Check is a 25 minute wait, but it’s usually closer to 15 minutes. We do have Clear. I don’t have Clear because Pre-Check moves fairly quick, but I’d guess that’s generally around 5 minutes with waits up to 15.

One thing to mention is that some gates are very far from the security entrance. Most Delta flights fly out of F and G gates, which are right next to security.

However, if you’re on a regional jet, you might be stuck on B, which is about 25-30 minute walk and I’m a fast walker. The A gates are also a ways away, but there’s a tram to get you down there.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

I meant if I don't have it now, how long does it take to register with tsa precheck? I think it's a longer process to have it permanently right?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

killamilla

Post by killamilla »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 9:08 am
I meant if I don't have it now, how long does it take to register with tsa precheck? I think it's a longer process to have it permanently right?
Takes 2-3 weeks after the appointment that you set up with them. If you’re interested in CLEAR that can be done on the spot at the airport which takes about 10 mins.
-Sean Miller
Minnesota

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

killamilla wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 9:15 am
quickdraw3457 wrote:
Takes 2-3 weeks after the appointment that you set up with them. If you’re interested in CLEAR that can be done on the spot at the airport which takes about 10 mins.
Never heard of clear, is that worth doing? What is it?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

If you join the military and have a diplomatic passport, the security line moves pretty quickly 🤓
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

killamilla

Post by killamilla »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
killamilla wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 9:15 am
quickdraw3457 wrote:
Never heard of clear, is that worth doing? What is it?
Just another expedited screening process to kinda compete with pre check, it’s still expanding/growing. They just scan your fingerprint instead of a boarding pass. There’s pluses and minuses to both precheck and clear if I went into detail. Some travelers have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Sean Miller
Minnesota

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Clearme.com for details

Return to “North American Continentals - John Anderson Memorial Tournament - August 23-25 2019”