So profit..

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

So profit..

Post by TB »

When I saw the new SI I thought about playing the system right of the bat. Is that not the way to go at all? I mean.. falcon to the site, move Han out and take off, maybe a lean h1 package. Or just the usual strong LS splash. Finally not paying to drain, still pinging. Seems legit. Any thoughts?

Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

FlorisV

Re: So profit..

Post by FlorisV »

Too many DS decks will prey on the Tatooine system early for a drain of 2 while you need too much time to set up your own space. I recommend Antechamber instead for extra activation.

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Right, good in theory, tough in reality.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

well, I wouldn't think you'd deploy the system before you where ready to hold it, obviously : )

but ok. It might be a tall order to fit decent space into profit after all.
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

ElDuderino
GEMP Username: ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

TB wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 9:16 am
well, I wouldn't think you'd deploy the system before you where ready to hold it, obviously : )

but ok. It might be a tall order to fit decent space into profit after all.
I guess part of the problem here is that the SI is deploy and not take into hand. So waiting till you're ready means having a floating zero, losing out on that activation and risking it not being in reserve when you need it.

But yeah, it'd certainly be nice to have a more secure way to protect Han.

Rhett Kenobi
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Rhett Kenobi »

I played with Luke Skywalker, The Rebellion's Hope, Red 5 v, r2-d2, and the Non v Seeking an Audience for a Quick deploy to the Tatooine System that can drain unflipped. Biggest problem is that removing a potential Master Luke leaves you prey to a stacked AC.

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Profit objective prohibits LS from draining at Tatooine locations when on the zero side.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Many good points so far. I feel like running the system will require a fundamental change to how the deck is played. I'm sure someone will figure it out at some point, but until then, there are other, less risky, options like City Outskirts or one of the Jabba's Palace sites. I think someone used it for the Cantina on me the other night.

My idea for a space version would be to do a quick rescue with Someone Who Loves You, Rebel Princess, etc, and set up 2 sites and the system for celebration and pings. Maybe float a Yarna and second site for certain matchups.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Post by Tbiesty »

CRG wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 1:08 pm
Profit objective prohibits LS from draining at Tatooine locations when on the zero side.
Red 5(v) gets around that.
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Tbiesty wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 4:39 pm
CRG wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 1:08 pm
Red 5(v) gets around that.
Excellent! Forgot that text.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

Rhett Kenobi wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 12:56 pm
I played with Luke Skywalker, The Rebellion's Hope, Red 5 v, r2-d2, and the Non v Seeking an Audience for a Quick deploy to the Tatooine System that can drain unflipped. Biggest problem is that removing a potential Master Luke leaves you prey to a stacked AC.
Why non-v Seeking? Because it doesn't cost 2 to dig for the characters?

I'm not sure that's worth losing out on the ability to grab Chewie, the non-Jabba's Palace Leias and Landos, and to retrieve an alien (or starship) at a key moment.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

The problem with Seeking V is it doesn't work when you flip. And since you can't do damage until you flip, you've got 2 cards that are directly working against each other. Seeking non-v doesn't have that problem.

Rhett Kenobi
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Rhett Kenobi »

ElDuderino wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 5:13 pm
Rhett Kenobi wrote:

I'm not sure that's worth losing out on the ability to grab Chewie, the non-Jabba's Palace Leias and Landos, and to retrieve an alien (or starship) at a key moment.
Yes. 2 force a character sets you back a turn or two. The R3 versions of Lando and Leia can't be pulled by Seeking an Audience V and they are more versatile. The big loss is Chewie, but if you use protector, it's not so bad to float some Quite a Mercenary v's anyway. It's really a different style of deck.

Keep in mind that if you are playing Profit with space and using Squadron Assignments, you may want to use Chewie v to pull the falcon and use lando Scoundrel in a versatile way. It may not be best to try and get the benefits of I Must be Allowed to Speak v if you aren't deploying all of your characters to Tatooine sites. In this version, you can use Jedi Business to download a Tatooine site (or Malastare) and use Immune to Attrition Jedi on Tatooine with an immune to Attrition ship in space. Once you see the power of using Darklighter spin on 9 maneuver Red 5 v with R2-D2 v and Luke adding to attrition on top of it, you start to see how it can be worth sacrificing Master Luke. R2-D2 v also allows you to activate/draw force when opponent draws destiny. it's kinda nifty when set up. The activate is a convenient defense against First Strike/Greedo shenanigans.

ElDuderino

Post by ElDuderino »

Yeah, it does make a difference which personas you're using. I use Lando with Vibro-Ax for both the extra BD and the chance to exclude characters. Also works with slight weapons malfunction. I also use one General Leia (along with one Rebel Princess) for synergy with Resistance characters, Leadership and better general stats.

A crazy overpowerd space Luke does sound fun.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Rhett Kenobi wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 12:47 am
ElDuderino wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 5:13 pm
Rhett Kenobi wrote:

Yes. 2 force a character sets you back a turn or two. The R3 versions of Lando and Leia can't be pulled by Seeking an Audience V and they are more versatile. The big loss is Chewie, but if you use protector, it's not so bad to float some Quite a Mercenary v's anyway. It's really a different style of deck.

Keep in mind that if you are playing Profit with space and using Squadron Assignments, you may want to use Chewie v to pull the falcon and use lando Scoundrel in a versatile way. It may not be best to try and get the benefits of I Must be Allowed to Speak v if you aren't deploying all of your characters to Tatooine sites. In this version, you can use Jedi Business to download a Tatooine site (or Malastare) and use Immune to Attrition Jedi on Tatooine with an immune to Attrition ship in space. Once you see the power of using Darklighter spin on 9 maneuver Red 5 v with R2-D2 v and Luke adding to attrition on top of it, you start to see how it can be worth sacrificing Master Luke. R2-D2 v also allows you to activate/draw force when opponent draws destiny. it's kinda nifty when set up. The activate is a convenient defense against First Strike/Greedo shenanigans.
Sounds like R2 non-v. Have you tried adding Figrin D'an and put him together with Han v in the Audience Chamber, Bo Shuda to protect? If you have an alien at Tatooine: Jabba's Palace, or Uh-Oh on table, Bo Shuda is safe.

For more space power run Artoo Brave Little Droid and keep looping him.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I love non v seeking for the underworld contacts pull. A must with rops. Though that's more true for aitc than profit.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

fungineer wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 2:08 pm
I love non v seeking for the underworld contacts pull. A must with rops. Though that's more true for aitc than profit.
For AITC, Wokling v can pull it too. A regular Profit start with Sai Tor, Seeking v and IMBATS v should give ROPS problems at least as much because Leia's Blaster Rifle is particularly dangerous. I think for non v seeking to really shine some parts of the puzzle are still missing: JP slave Leia v and Tamtel v in particular.

Rhett Kenobi
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Rhett Kenobi »

FlorisV wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 6:27 am

Sounds like R2 non-v. Have you tried adding Figrin D'an and put him together with Han v in the Audience Chamber, Bo Shuda to protect? If you have an alien at Tatooine: Jabba's Palace, or Uh-Oh on table, Bo Shuda is safe.

Yeah definitely non v R2. Haven't tried Figrin. I was toying with using Solo v instead of Han V, deploying The Falcon to a Tatooine site and protecting Han in space. Adding Bo Shuda and Figrin is interesting. Probably a good move considering that holding down the AC against all the Court decks without Master Luke is a nightmare. I also pack You've Got a Lot Of Guts Coming Here for an alternative start against such decks.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Rhett Kenobi wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlorisV wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 6:27 am

Yeah definitely non v R2. Haven't tried Figrin. I was toying with using Solo v instead of Han V, deploying The Falcon to a Tatooine site and protecting Han in space. Adding Bo Shuda and Figrin is interesting. Probably a good move considering that holding down the AC against all the Court decks without Master Luke is a nightmare. I also pack You've Got a Lot Of Guts Coming Here for an alternative start against such decks.
A good site to hold should be Tatooine: Jabba's Palace, with Fallen Portals, Eventually You'll Lose and 3po cycling high destinies.

alphabeta
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: alphabeta; GalenErso

Post by alphabeta »

Anybody has a working set 11 decklist to share?
I'm looking to try new decks to get some variation, and for some reason Profit sounds cool...
Thanks!

Return to “Deck Discussion”