So what did i think of the EU worlds!?

Bochum, Germany
Twotak

Post by Twotak »

Well Again * just went above and beyond.

Cons:

1- They ran out of beer Thursday night!!!! you can be sure Kent "melas" And i were the friday morning to carry the new Kegs in ASAP so we all could have coold beers friday again.

2- TB you unlucky son of a Cowmilker, you werent there.

3- Forgot my glass, decks and the special gift from Kevin. Damn ME!!

4- Peops constantly trolling me for my Icecold Gin and tonics. "eeeeh why are you drinking water?" perhaps i should have had a few glasses of water tho´?

5-Time was not on my side. this year was packed with legends! and i dont meen the best players, im talking the most insanely nice people of "adults" gathered in the same place for one weekend. Old freinds iwe missed, new legends i met and talked to. Name names you say? well as MArty always says "Rasmus you cant remember *" so who ever you were thanks a mill for taking time to talke a few mins with drunk ass me.

Props:
1- they got beer early friday morning , and since we slept at the bar we were able to get it flowing by the time they opened again :)

2- Beer wars!!!!! dunno if i can ever play it again and laugh so hard again without the crew of German, Welsh, Italian, Us, Danes and Bruxels players. this was for sure all the perfect elements aligning at just the right time! the sentences said there at 6.30 am can never be quoted without some sort of life ban from the language police!

3- Thx To my good freind Casper for saving all my decks!!!!! i owe you brother!

4- Thx for all the people trying to save my life by looking after my when i was sailing around, ofc im always still gracefull as a Hippo on crack;)

5- well screw it ill still namedrop a few. just to brag that i still do remember more than 2 names,
The little fellow Zurich /US called Jeeps. hope you get the kids to play SWCCG so if you need anymore cards! write me.
Wales all of you all will have it comming, becouse you are so epic we will see you there in 2020, i get why you wont give me and Kent the turney date, put we will figure it out and crash that place for sure.
Peter Rowlands i am soooo sorry you had to face me the one time those battle droids came thru'! we need a beer to calm our selfs again buddy
Kristian, you sense of humor man!! i had forgot how you destroy me, youre like Eminen of trashtalk. EPIC
Basse and gunner thx for making me look sober for 5 minutes, LOL and all the kisses basse!!! no doubt youre a lover not a fighter ;)
The bar, but they know theyre awesome. even the new little blackheired bartender from the battlefields of a vikings episode. when she thawed up she was really cool.
Tom Heid for the comment "Beer what is that?" in just the right place :) you crack me up, And what i sweet wife you have, sitting there and listening to all these messed up nerds for so long, say hi
Jonas, jon for the loong talks outside in the fog´s of weed. for a while we sounded so much smarter, we thought.
Marty McFly for spilling you guts og how to get closure. you should be a shrink man.
John Anderson- became a legend, when i asked about him i was told the most life inspiering stories of a fellow nerd and the way he was in our community. Ill never meet him ofc, but i did get a special Cards from his personal collection with a stamp on. i think ill play that to honor the man ill never meet.
witch leeds me to the US crew you guys are the reason i want to go there and see what it is like to have a game at your backyards! so yeah ill crash you places someday too. look to the ocean for that damn longboat! i will be there. You were again so forthcomming and wery wery patient with me, didnt mind descussing decks and what could happen if i just played one game sober hahahaha. thx for the vote of confidence ;)
Hungarian barbarians what the hell lets get that axe and destroy something , im in!!

well right now i can write what the hell i want nobody have read this insanely long post to here anyways. so ill just stop were it all started.
Sorry to the ones the Gungans said hi to, congratz the one who broke the code ;)

STEADY!.......

Rasmus Juul. Winner of No Turnement ever

arebelspy

Re: So what did i think of the EU worlds!?

Post by arebelspy »

STEADY!!

It's not a European tournament without you, Rasmus. Always a pleasure and a huge laugh to hang out with you, we're lucky to have you attend. :-D

#gungansforlife

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

Props:
a lot of props were given already about the place, Chris & his council, .. so not gonna repeat those, just add some more:
- the steakhouse; man that was GOOD steak. I mean, I wanted to marry it before I ate it.
- like Rasmus said, that game of beer wars Saturday night was beyond awesome; beer, a good game and a bunch of trash talking maniacs is all you need
- the American invasion: that was so epic. There were so many of you guys that I couldn't get to know all of you. But the ones I met were all class acts.
- so many good sw players in 1 room was something magical to witness. Too bad I had to play in 'the special room for special people' half of my games (that room is not were you should be on day 1; the atmosphere there was super relax tough)
- the constructive criticism we received on the stream quality
- getting to watch so many high level games
- hanging out with all these crazy European mf that I've known for more than a decade now. we sure are getting old
- the regeneration capabilities of those crazy swedes. I mean Saturday night I was like, ok rip they're ded. and sunday morning they just walk into the bar smiling and looking for a beer. gg

Slops:
- 2 f* Danish guys jumping onto the g&t bandwagon, so they were all out of tonic on Sunday. I was sober the whole day, you were responsible for that.
- not being invited to go to the gluten free strip bar. not gonna call names, you know how you are!
- the acora hotel that was out of g&t on Sunday. I mean ffs.
- me losing my red sweater Sunday night at the hotel bar
- the guy(s) farting in the main room. c'mon man that's not nice in a place that crowded.
- getting reminded how old I am by some teenage american warriors. You're all lucky I ain't a vampire

so, those were my random thoughts, not sure if it all makes sense, but that didn't seem the goal of this thread, to make sense.
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

lol. We didnt think it was your sweater, because why would a sober player leave it behind. Kristian was carrying that around on Monday. Not sure if he kept it :D
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Twotak

Post by Twotak »

Yoda007 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:33 am
lol. We didnt think it was your sweater, because why would a sober player leave it behind. Kristian was carrying that around on Monday. Not sure if he kept it :D
Well it wasent ;)

but ill ask kent??
even tho Kent feel sick all the way till today :lol: he might still have lost his sweater?

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Props:

Not dying or getting mugged when Dennis decided it would be a great idea to try and save a couple euro's

Slops:

Bryan Mischke's jacket... Literally! :lol:

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

Yoda007 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:33 am
Because I slept for only 3 hours after playing beer wars till late in the night. And I had the last g&t at the 4 winden at noon. and 1 glass of red wine to go with the steak. And 1 smaallll whiskey in the hotel.
Cedrik V. - Belgium

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Calaglin wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 9:45 am
- the guy(s) farting in the main room. c'mon man that's not nice in a place that crowded.
Well, the place is called the 4 winds right? Lol

Yeah, I noticed that too, and might have thought more than once that a drunk person pooped in their pants.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

DDM

Post by DDM »

I loved this event.

I had a plan in the beginning: take as many pictures (selfies) with all of you.
I still have to organize them and post them, but some are pretty awesome. Even if I couldn't do it will all.

Some faces are more stuck in my mind than others, due to playing / meeting them more often. You can't meet properly with quality time everyone, that's for sure.

About "new" faces:
I do remember Ulli and our games, the young Julien Clochard, the class of Greg Shaw in our game (and outside too), Hayes and his contagious smile and joy (technically not a new face, I think we faced in 2000 at Operative worlds, I was playing ISD and Ties with SFS retrieval, he was playing HB swarm and won of course), Charlie & Dennis (who went into phases: pretty funny during the day, completely deadly drunk in the end with Basse half cursing about it), my "minion" Bill (Hungarian) who still managed to win a game in the team tournament with all this roster, Brian Mishke (I love him, completely genuine and smiling guy) and our fun games on thursday night, etc.

Time passed too quickly alas.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

I don't recall seeing Rasmus wear a helmet all weekend, which was a little disappointing.

That's why the saying goes "never meet your heroes, they won't live up to the expectation"

:lol:

Nah, he's still pretty awesome

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

I even forgot to mention one of the other highlights for me, but I got it Friday so there was some drinking between then and now and I tend to forget things:
- the wedding gift I received from my Welsh brothers! You guy are awesome.
Cedrik V. - Belgium

Twotak

Post by Twotak »

gogolen wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:22 pm
I don't recall seeing Rasmus wear a helmet all weekend, which was a little disappointing.

That's why the saying goes "never meet your heroes, they won't live up to the expectation"

:lol:

Nah, he's still pretty awesome
I asked Friday for it. and they said we cand "find it".. i was letme look. ill grab a daneAxe while im there too then ;) but no sweat it wouldent protect my thick head anyways. the cannot get more hurt than it already is

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

retwin316 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:45 am
It was a slick jacket.

He also wore his Bro-sack/Bum-bag way too high-n-tight... he's got to let it sag... chunk the junk... slap the flap...
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

Twotak wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 8:08 am
5- well screw it ill still namedrop a few. just to brag that i still do remember more than 2 names,
The little fellow Zurich /US called Jeeps. hope you get the kids to play SWCCG so if you need anymore cards! write me.
boom. First, Gungans and Invasion are SWEET decks to play. You have the BIGGEST BOOMBAS... second, we will be meeting up again...
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Jeeps wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 3:08 pm
retwin316 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 10:45 am
It was a slick jacket.

He also wore his Bro-sack/Bum-bag way too high-n-tight... he's got to let it sag... chunk the junk... slap the flap...
I thought we decided it was a "peck-pack" when worn that way?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Rasmus- was great meeting you this weekend! Thanks for helping to make this event such an incredible experience. And no, I still don't think I'm a good player
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

spideyguy0 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Rasmus- was great meeting you this weekend! Thanks for helping to make this event such an incredible experience. And no, I still don't think I'm a good player
Didnt you start off like 5-0 on saturday? Dude you are a good player ;)

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

man, you're just a great guy. That level of positivity. its insane. hope you managed to charm the the americans and didn't scare them away. can't wait to try out beer wars. even though I must say I miss vikings vs counts.
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

Return to “World Championships - September 20-22 2019”