Rematch Possibility?

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Rematch Possibility?

Post by Hazardville »

I don't know if there is any way to make this actually work in the software, but my opponent jmwerner just conceded a game on turn 4 or so because he'd forgotten he'd started an OCS table. Is there any way we can re-match that game and have that count instead? I feel a bit bad because the game was far from decided and that battle wasn't even going all that badly for him.

My understanding of the way the league is set up is that what we're trying to do is not practically possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Here is the game link if it matters.

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... 49sefe77p8

Justin Miyashiro

talonjohn
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Re: Rematch Possibility?

Post by talonjohn »

Thank you for trying this, much appreciated. If its not possible, I just need to be more careful in the future

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Hazardville wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 2:35 am
my opponent jmwerner just conceded a game on turn 4 or so because he'd forgotten he'd started an OCS table.
Can you clarify what this means? I'm not sure I understand the situation or reason for conceding.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Death Star
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 7:08 am
Hazardville wrote:
my opponent jmwerner just conceded a game on turn 4 or so because he'd forgotten he'd started an OCS table.
Can you clarify what this means? I'm not sure I understand the situation or reason for conceding.
According to the chat in gemp, jmwerner created a table for an OCS game at a time where he would have been able to play a complete game. It took some time until Hazardville joined the table and the game started. At that point jmwerner did not have enough time to play a complete game anymore, but since he had "forgotten" that he created the table he had not canceled the invite when it was clear that he would not be able to finish the game. Midway through the game, he then conceded the game when his out of game time ran out.

According to my knowledge, the 2 of them would have been able to cancel the game so that it does not count. But since jmwerner did not do that but instead conceded the game, it is my understanding the result is in the books and there is no way to delete the result (and it is also my opinion that even if it would technically be possible, this situation does not merit a deletion of the result).
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

I don't have a horse in this race, but what are the stakes here? Is this game going to make a difference between one of the players making it into the thing at the end of the year? If anything, canceling the game would have messed things up for the number of games each player completed for the purposes of promos or whatever right?
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
Hazardville wrote:
He forgot it was an OCS game he started, and conceded thinking it was a regular open game.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Corran wrote:I don't have a horse in this race, but what are the stakes here? Is this game going to make a difference between one of the players making it into the thing at the end of the year? If anything, canceling the game would have messed things up for the number of games each player completed for the purposes of promos or whatever right?
It literally happened today for March. They have plenty of time to complete their games.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

arebelspy wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 10:02 am
Corran wrote:I don't have a horse in this race, but what are the stakes here? Is this game going to make a difference between one of the players making it into the thing at the end of the year? If anything, canceling the game would have messed things up for the number of games each player completed for the purposes of promos or whatever right?
It literally happened today for March. They have plenty of time to complete their games.
Oh, I was thinking February. Then yeah, it would be nice if they could replay if both players are okay with it.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

Death Star wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 8:48 am

According to the chat in gemp, jmwerner created a table for an OCS game at a time where he would have been able to play a complete game. It took some time until Hazardville joined the table and the game started. At that point jmwerner did not have enough time to play a complete game anymore, but since he had "forgotten" that he created the table he had not canceled the invite when it was clear that he would not be able to finish the game. Midway through the game, he then conceded the game when his out of game time ran out.

According to my knowledge, the 2 of them would have been able to cancel the game so that it does not count. But since jmwerner did not do that but instead conceded the game, it is my understanding the result is in the books and there is no way to delete the result (and it is also my opinion that even if it would technically be possible, this situation does not merit a deletion of the result).
arebelspy wrote:
He forgot it was an OCS game he started, and conceded thinking it was a regular open game.
These two statements about sum up the situation. I have no idea how long the game had been up in the lobby when I joined it, and we exchanged the standard "good luck high five" stuff, and the game went on. He mentioned we needed to play quickly, which I agreed with since it was late and I didn't want to be up until 3am. I got a tenuous control of the board and he battled into a trick and conceded after I reduced his destiny draw to 1. Afterwards, we talked a bit and it was only then I realized he didn't know it was an OCS table, which is then when I put together the OP here.
Justin Miyashiro

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Hazardville wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:05 pm
Death Star wrote:

arebelspy wrote:
These two statements about sum up the situation. I have no idea how long the game had been up in the lobby when I joined it, and we exchanged the standard "good luck high five" stuff, and the game went on. He mentioned we needed to play quickly, which I agreed with since it was late and I didn't want to be up until 3am. I got a tenuous control of the board and he battled into a trick and conceded after I reduced his destiny draw to 1. Afterwards, we talked a bit and it was only then I realized he didn't know it was an OCS table, which is then when I put together the OP here.
Wait, GL, HF means Good Luck, High Five? I thought it was Have Fun! Am I really this wrong about everything? This makes me question my very existence... What does it all mean?

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Hf = have fun

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

Corran wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:31 pm
Hazardville wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:05 pm
Death Star wrote:

arebelspy wrote:
Wait, GL, HF means Good Luck, High Five? I thought it was Have Fun! Am I really this wrong about everything? This makes me question my very existence... What does it all mean?
Lol, sorry, there's a team of Magic streamers that renamed themselves Good Luck High Five b/c one of them kept seeing "gl hf" and thought it meant High Five and just went with it.
Justin Miyashiro

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

As for the OP, I think this is just one of those painful lessons, and a cautionary tale for each competitor in the OCS.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

gogolen wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 5:22 pm
As for the OP, I think this is just one of those painful lessons, and a cautionary tale for each competitor in the OCS.
Unfortunately this ^
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

gogolen wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 5:22 pm
Yeppers.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

talonjohn
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by talonjohn »

Yeah, its fine. I'm just kicking myself. My HD usually has a pretty good handle on Legend, even if I lose an early battle.

But it won't matter, I don't play Court, Diplo or NI so I have no shot.

Now I'm rooting for the Battle Droids deck! Chaos!! ;)

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Corran wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 10:50 am
Oh, I was thinking February. Then yeah, it would be nice if they could replay if both players are okay with it.
I would say that asking a player to give back a win goes against the precedence set by the no requesting additional time rule.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:20 pm
Corran wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 10:50 am
I would say that asking a player to give back a win goes against the precedence set by the no requesting additional time rule.
Also, asking for a rematch goes against the scheduling games against opponents rule.

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

talonjohn wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 3:47 am
Yeah, its fine. I'm just kicking myself. My HD usually has a pretty good handle on Legend, even if I lose an early battle.

But it won't matter, I don't play Court, Diplo or NI so I have no shot.

Now I'm rooting for the Battle Droids deck! Chaos!! ;)
I agree with you, Legend has a hard time with HD.

Needs OOC/TT x2 & start a system.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Hazardville

Post by Hazardville »

I was playing OA in that game, not Legend.

Well, thanks for the input everybody. Month’s not going great for me either so far, but there’s always next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justin Miyashiro

Return to “2020 Online Championship Series”