Sandwich Consumption

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Sandwich Consumption

Post by marines28 »

Been watching some YouTube videos recently and people are eating sandwiches in an odd manner. This trend is disturbing, to say the least.

By sandwiches I mean something with a clear top & bottom bun indication. A burrito is not applicable to this scientific study.

So, here it is:

Which option do you eat a sandwich, given a sandwich is sitting in front of you with the appropriately named "bottom" bun on the bottom and the "top" bun on the top?

1. The "top" bun is inverted & becomes the "bottom" bun when placing into your orifice.

2. The "bottom" bun remains the "bottom" bun and the "top" bun remains the "top". (How you grab this & hold is definitely A Few Maneuvers)

3. You have a different way of holding & eating a sandwich. (But how....& why?)

-----

I am Option 1 all the way.

Also, if you are looking at the other thread, I'd imagine option 2 people are probably not Kiosk-users.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: Sandwich Consumption

Post by Corran »

I'm a 2, which is why the correct way to add condiments is to put them bellow the protein.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

Option 2. Though I don’t tend to have much on a burger except cheese and sauce, salad stuff is eaten as a side.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 11:26 am
Option 2. Though I don’t tend to have much on a burger except cheese and sauce, salad stuff is eaten as a left on the side.
ftfy
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

marines28

Post by marines28 »

Corran wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 11:20 am
I'm a 2, which is why the correct way to add condiments is to put them bellow the protein.
Dude, you ever heard of dipping??
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

marines28

Post by marines28 »

Paul McPherson wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 11:44 am
Madmanwithabox wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 11:26 am
Option 2. Though I don’t tend to have much on a burger except cheese and sauce, salad stuff is eaten as a left on the side.
ftfy
BLT is a good sandwich, cummon.
3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

With certain exceptions, I do not do dipping. It dirties a plate(or makes a dirty plate dirtier) at home and causes extra complications in the car.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Sometimes I have a sandwich that is falling apart really badly and I can see that turning it upside-down for a few bites would help fix the situation.

But otherwise, I don't understand why you would turn it upside-down.
2. The "bottom" bun remains the "bottom" bun and the "top" bun remains the "top". (How you grab this & hold is definitely A Few Maneuvers)
What maneuvers? Am I just not understanding something?

Here is a big mac commerical where people keep picking up the sandwich without flipping it upside-down. I didn't watch the whole thing but there are 3 pickups in the first 20 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ruOgbS9do
Greg Zinn

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Just reading this thread immediately after finishing a burger (which was ordered from a kiosk).

I can understand making rotations and adjustments to maintain structural integrity, but I cannot understand intentionally flipping it to start with.

Option 2 all the way.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

rsersen wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:52 pm
I cannot understand intentionally flipping it to start with.
Agreed.

Image functions not working. Amusing meme wasted.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

marines28

Post by marines28 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Am i the only one that has to cut a burger in half? Like not a dollar menu one but any sit down restaurant with a big gimmick burger with a bunch of crap on it, i have to cut it in half to eat it

As for op, sometimes i flip if bun is soggy. Pretzel buns have more structural integrity

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

The Franchise wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 10:51 pm
Am i the only one that has to cut a burger in half? Like not a dollar menu one but any sit down restaurant with a big gimmick burger with a bunch of crap on it, i have to cut it in half to eat it
Nope. Only way to eat those monsters.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Like everyone else who is not marines28, I am also Option 2.

marines28

Post by marines28 »

The Franchise wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 10:51 pm

As for op, sometimes i flip if bun is soggy. Pretzel buns have more structural integrity

I cut burgers in half. #jedisandwicheater
3MW0J8 wrote:
better damn believe it.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

I only cut burgers in half if they're big and served on a plate. Most of the time, I'm scarfing down a burger in the car on the way to, from, or in the middle of work. I cut most non-bun sandwiches in half unless they're small enough that it is not necessary.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

marines28 wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 8:46 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvUfMEWL5bE

Go to 1:40.

/thread.
Watched the video(starting at 1:40, so sorry if this was addressed). The burger she eats has 100% of the toppings on the bottom bun. This makes for a messier sandwich, but the toppings are there in order for them to be closest to your tongue. Eating the sandwich upside down means all you'll taste is the bun(or at least more bun than toppings). Related, McDonalds puts all of their toppings under the top bun. This makes me wonder if this is intentional, since McDonalds sandwiches are often eaten in the car or someplace where being messy is more of a problem. Also, since McDonald's sandwiches taste terrible, maybe tasting only the bun is a good thing.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

ok....i know some who have posted in this thread are/were fast food workers like me

at Sonic, they did a study for like 5 years or something....when i first started there, everything was on the bottom bun.

then about halfway thru my time there we switched to everything on the top, because they said their study showed that the customers were impacted by the first (non bread) thing that their tongues touched. So if it was lettuce/ketchup/onion/pickle etc, then the guest would have a more negative impression of the sandwich because the first thing their tongues touched was cold.
Jerry H

Image Image

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

quesosauce37 wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 11:40 am
ok....i know some who have posted in this thread are/were fast food workers like me

at Sonic, they did a study for like 5 years or something....when i first started there, everything was on the bottom bun.

then about halfway thru my time there we switched to everything on the top, because they said their study showed that the customers were impacted by the first (non bread) thing that their tongues touched. So if it was lettuce/ketchup/onion/pickle etc, then the guest would have a more negative impression of the sandwich because the first thing their tongues touched was cold.
Does Sonic grill/toast the bun? I wonder if that makes a difference.

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

Corran wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 11:48 am
quesosauce37 wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 11:40 am

Does Sonic grill/toast the bun? I wonder if that makes a difference.
they use a standard bun toaster
Jerry H

Image Image

Return to “Off Topic”