Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

mrfahrenheit7
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor
GEMP Username: mjturner

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by mrfahrenheit7 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:I'm so sick of reading about self checkout kiosks and checkout lines in general on this forum. This isn't even an irrational pet peeve post it's just me being so sick of talking about something so mundane and trivial in our lives as if it were the most important news story of 2020.

Self checkout kiosks are not anything to write home about. I regret ever even making a response on the topic.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner for the OP.

Mike Turner - 2017 & 2018 Montana State Champion, 2018 Washington State Champion
Hunter wrote:Someone just outhookied thehooky.
TacoBill wrote:Your game plan is to lose the AC? Seems questionable

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Gergall wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 11:57 am
Gergall wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 11:43 am
I gotta hand it to Hunter he picks a horse and stays on it. That was a great post. :-D
I must have missed when "inability to change one's mind when presented with evidence" became a virtue.

I guess maybe around 2016.

It's a debate about checkout line arrangement preferences. It's subjective and it's an unimportant topic. Hunter's post is very funny.

If under all of those conditions you still can't relax and have a laugh, what's it going to take?
I thought my response was funny. It amused me at least.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

rhendon wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 2:45 pm
Getting it delivered or curb side pickup is where it is at anyways. People still using lines are living in the stone age.
We had been getting delivery on a somewhat regular basis before March, but then as soon as * hit the fan it has been impossible to get delivery here.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 3:17 pm
rhendon wrote:
Getting it delivered or curb side pickup is where it is at anyways. People still using lines are living in the stone age.
We had been getting delivery on a somewhat regular basis before March, but then as soon as * hit the fan it has been impossible to get delivery here.
Before I moved out of Austin, I had to preorder like 3-4 days in advance. That was annoying. But I understood the situation.

Usually though, put in an order at lunch, its there that day if I pay, or next day for free.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
rhendon wrote:
We've spoken of this privately, but grubhub-esque services have also taken a downturn (based on your experience, I don't even bother).
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 3:55 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
rhendon wrote:
We've spoken of this privately, but grubhub-esque services have also taken a downturn (based on your experience, I don't even bother).
Yeah I am swearing off grubhub and doordash and the like. If a restaurant has their own delivery people, I'll use it. Otherwise I'll pick it up for takeout, mask and all.

The incidents in question:
1) One evening I saw a guy parked across the street for a few minutes. I went out to take my trash out, and I see the tail end of what looked like a guy picking up a pizza off the middle of the street and putting it back in a box. He was calling someone and was still on the phone when i'm about done with the trash. I assumed he was calling the restaurant to get a new pizza... I assumed wrong. He picked up the box and brought it to my neighbor across the street. I stopped him on his way and asked him if he was delivering a pizza that he dropped on the street. He nervously said "what?" and pretended to not understand me. He delivered it, ran back to his car, and drove away. Sure enough, there was pepperoni in the street. I told my neighbor everything that happened. Unfortunately it was Doordash, so not only is my neighbor screwed into having to wait, but the restaurant is left to deal with the problem that they didn't even cause.
2) A few weeks ago we ordered some food on Grubhub. Get the notification that it's on the way, should be there in 15 minutes. You can watch grubhub on your phone now and see where your driver is. This time they appeared to be parked at Target... for a very long time. About 30 minutes. We assumed it was a glitch but the wait time kept going up. We had infinite patience for them because being a delivery driver is not a good job. We had already left a very generous tip. We try calling and no answer. Grubhub customer service was busy but we tried to cancel. Called the restaurant, made a new order, and went to go pick it up. When I got there, I saw our original order, in a bag, on the table, waiting to be picked up by grubhub. At that point it was on the table for over an hour. Around this time the Grubhub app told us where our driver was -- a residential address in the suburbs. So many WTF moments in this. A driver can mistakenly screw up this bad? And customers can see where they are at all times, even when they screw up your order and go home? Holy crap.

Never again to restaurant delivery services.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

I'm so sick of reading about restaurant delivery services on this forum.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 11:43 am
I gotta hand it to Hunter he picks a horse and stays on it. That was a great post. :-D
:<3:

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

People who claimed Kanye West was over after he wore a MAGA hat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalle ... -know/amp/

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

stupid people
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

The amount of different formats/leagues on GEMP. At the minute there are 20 different formats/leagues - it makes no difference to me whatsoever but it pisses me off all the same!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

Paul McPherson
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Paul McPherson wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 4:43 pm
The amount of different formats/leagues on GEMP. At the minute there are 20 different formats/leagues - it makes no difference to me whatsoever but it pisses me off all the same!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
People who only use one exclamation mark/emoji - it's 3 people!!! Always 3 :mad: :mad: :mad:
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Clayton Atkin wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 1:57 am
Got another one......As I'm laying on the floor paying by bills online, and then that ONE that I have to pay by phone (am I the only person who still pays something by phone? AT&T triple charged me a while back when I had auto bill pay set up. So I won't trust them with my bank information ever again).....when your responding to an automated teller, and it says something like, "please wait while I access your account." It's at that point where the automated system starts making sounds like someone is typing, and retrieving my information. That drives me ABSOLUTELY NUTS! Ain't nobody typing crap on the other side of my call.....Just tell me my account information and keep your hen-pecking sounds to yourself!!

.....AND GET OFF MY LAWN WHILE YOUR AT IT!!
Ha! This rings true. (Pun intended)

One of the automated phone services I use (you're not the only one old man) recently updated their greeting to include a statement about how they are experiencing higher call volume than usual due to "the coronavirus." The automated message goes on to urge users to utilize self-service channels, log online, or use "this automated service" instead...

O RLY? You want me to use the very automated service I just dialed?? Gee thanks for the tip ... you gonna tell me to shake my dick off after I pee also? :lol: :lol: :lol: :explode
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

For twenty seconds.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

Disney plus quietly being trash. Where's the Studio Ghibli stuff? Good thing I'm not actually paying for it! :???

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

My wife making toast in the oven. Puts baking sheet in the dishwasher after, instead of taking a dry towel and wiping away the crumbs.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

This one is pretty rational

Living in the city and wanting to open your windows, but your chain-smoking 85 year old neighbor is hanging outside and you don't want your living room to smell like an old man bar.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

Having Pete Davidson kind of forced on everybody.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Might be rational, but having people unplug network switches to plug in their phone and taking a section of the office offline when there are outlets that aren't being used right next to it.

Also, who unplugs something to plug something else in when there is a perfectly good 4-5 outlets next to it.

And yes, I'm going to be now fixing this area up to make it to where people can't unplug it and actually have them drop a new power outlet right behind the server rack that people can't access.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

rhendon wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 3:40 pm
Might be rational, but having people unplug network switches to plug in their phone and taking a section of the office offline when there are outlets that aren't being used right next to it.

Also, who unplugs something to plug something else in when there is a perfectly good 4-5 outlets next to it.

And yes, I'm going to be now fixing this area up to make it to where people can't unplug it and actually have them drop a new power outlet right behind the server rack that people can't access.

https://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

Return to “Off Topic”