Announcing 2020 Online Play Week!

July 10-19
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Announcing 2020 Online Play Week!

Post by quickdraw3457 »

The Players Committee is happy to announce that it will be hosting Online Play Weekends 2020 from Friday July 10th through Sunday July 19th. Given the global lockdown and and in a similar nature to Local Tournament Weekend 2019, the expansion of the event over two weekends will hopefully encourage more players than ever to partake in this annual event.

This event is meant to encourage everyone to set aside a few hours and just play some Star Wars cards - of any format and at any competitive level (Casual, Sealed, Leagues, OCS, Boonta Eve Jawa Brawl, etc.). Players are encouraged to play games on Holotable or Gemp (or both)!

For those who might not be familiar with online play via Holotable or Gemp, information can be found here.

The current Online Championship Series (Year #3!) on Gemp makes it easier than ever to play some online games and get exclusive foil cards. But by also playing in the July OCS, you can work to obtain prizes for completing 8 or 12 games AND earn the exclusive Holo Foil cards all in one weekend! Information about the OCS can be found here

If you are new to either of these platforms (i.e., Gemp & Holotable), do not be intimidated or discouraged from trying your hand at enjoying SWCCG in a new way! Simply tell your opponent you are new to the format and they will more than likely be helpful in walking you through the steps to play online. Most players are very patient and willing to help, as we all understand that once a new or returning player becomes familiar with the platform, it benefits the community as a whole!

To mark the occasion and as alluded to above, the Players Committee will reward those who participate in the online event with 2 special (physical) premium cards not available anywhere else (one Light Side character and one Dark Side character), as a thank you for participating in Online Play Weekends! These 2 images will also be digitally released via Gemp as special "Easter eggs" for Online Weekend for the whole community to enjoy virtually. The PC will also award ADDITIONAL exclusive AI Foils randomly to participants of the event! Since coronavirus has made it difficult to give away all of the event winner and tournament winner foils due to the lack of league and in-person events, we have decided to give out several of these for this special occasion; so, everyone has a chance to end up with a third foil!

Some of the past few years' giveaway cards were the "Holo Foil" versions of these characters:
Holo Variants Snoke Kit.jpg
Holo Variants Snoke Kit.jpg (253.67 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Holo Variants Snoke Kit.jpg
Holo Variants Snoke Kit.jpg (253.67 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Holo Variants GG Aayla.jpg
Holo Variants GG Aayla.jpg (105.4 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Holo Variants GG Aayla.jpg
Holo Variants GG Aayla.jpg (105.4 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Holo Variants CC Phasma.jpg
Holo Variants CC Phasma.jpg (306.8 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Holo Variants CC Phasma.jpg
Holo Variants CC Phasma.jpg (306.8 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Given the high volume of Gemp games lately, it may not be necessary as in years past to post in this thread with the approximate time you will be online during the week, and the online program you will be using (either Gemp or Holotable), however you are welcome to do so. In order to receive the prizes described above: at some point during your game(s), please snap a screenshot of the game (hit Ctrl + Prt Scrn for most Windows users; Shift + Command + 3 for Mac users) and send an e-mail to volunteers@starwarsccg.org with the following:

1. A copy of the screen shot from the game (or a link to that game in Gemp - see the Game History tab in Gemp).
2. A brief description of the game (including your opponent, the decks each player used and the result of the game).
3. Your forum name and either your Holotable or Gemp user name.
4. Your physical mailing address.

We'd also appreciate it if you included any unique events or accomplishments from your game in your brief write-up; whether you blew up the Blockade Flagship or completed Jedi Test #5 or even got a ton of Ewoks to beat up a Sith Lord. Feel free to post a copy of your mini game report in a topic in this forum.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions? Post here! We're looking forward to making this event a success and enjoyable time for the whole community!

Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Re: Announcing 2020 Online Play Week!

Post by marines28 »

Awesome.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

Excited for this! Thanks for everything the players committee does to keep the game fun.
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Matt, can you put this on "upcoming major events" under it's own event.

We did that the other years and it creates more attention.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

:thumbs:
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

Big thanks again for all those who made this possible (and for those who keep GEMP running to allow me to play people at any time of the night even when I can't sleep :D).

Thanks again, hope it was a great success for the community!
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Are these still in the process of being sent out? I just want to make sure I wasn’t supposed to get mine already. Thanks for organizing this each year!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Jnapolit31
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Post by Jnapolit31 »

stephengascrub wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 7:02 pm
Are these still in the process of being sent out? I just want to make sure I wasn’t supposed to get mine already. Thanks for organizing this each year!
Just got mine today... my bet is you will be receiving yours any day now.
Jared Napolitano
Follow Star Wars CCG on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/swccg
New to Gemp? Check out the Operational Guide & FAQ's here: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=75666
Spoiler
Show
2020 OCS: 58-26 (Q) ll 2019 OCS: 54-30 ll 2018 OCS: 41-55
GEMPC 4: Runner-up ll GEMPC 3: Final 8
2019 Coruscant Regional Winner ll 2019 MPC Consolation Bracket: Runner-up
Image Image

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

They were shipped out in 3 batches over the last week, along with the first 5 months of OCS foils.

Dropped the last wave at the post office on Sunday so everyone should have their foils in the next few days

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

LS-15
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
GEMP Username: LS-15

Post by LS-15 »

Just got mine in the mail today. They look great, thanks!

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Thanks for all the foils @gogolen.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Return to “2020 Online Play Week”