No Idea has long been my favorite LS deck, before 10 Men was an effect, so it's definitely a bummer to see it get hit so hard. Of course, I understand the frustrations playing against it and it needed additional toning down, so I am in favor of tweaking it. I think all of the changes are individually valid ones, but in totality I'm worried that they just force the deck into a worse direction (re: more doom stacking, less deck variety).TacoBill wrote: ↑September 24th, 2020, 7:04 pmThese changes will not be in effect for OCS round 1, but are upcoming (and expect this list to be updated soon as well):
- R2-D2 (v): will no longer recur to Used Pile
- R'tic H'weei: will only get to steal Force during LS player's turn
- Make Ten Men Feel Like A Hundred: will not \/ Saw (or make him a Resistance Agent)
- Saw Guerra: will not cancel any [Immune to Sense] Interrupt
- Stardust: the ping will be 1
- No Idea: the +2 deploy modifier will be stricken on the 0 side and the 7 side POOP a Rebel to cancel a destiny text will instead be POOP a rebel to stop a weapon from targeting a spy
- Kir Kanos (V): will have further restrictions on when he can cancel an Interrupt
- Moff Gideon: his stormtrooper \/ will be -2 and only at his site
- Wokling (V): cannot be started if Massassi Throne Room on table.
My overall concern with reducing the Stardust ping to 1 is just that Stardust doesn't really do a whole lot anymore. I wish the ping were reduced to 1 when on Scarif, but increased to 2 when off Scarif (or something similar). With the impending changes, there's not a ton of incentive for LS to break its neck trying to get it, especially with all of its characters now much more susceptible to weapons, force lightning, chokes, Set for Stuns, Hidden Weapons (no more Saw cancelling it), etc.
If I had my druthers, I'd suggest just doing away with 10 Men altogether, and wrapping its remaining effects into the objective (since we're already messing with the objective). My dream would be to have 0 Side add Saw to the list of spies, add the line to make spies deploy -1 to Scarif, make Nightfall cancelled, and reduce the ping to 1. The 7 side would add the text to retrieve one force when a spy is drawn for destiny. This would free up a third starting effect slot for LS and encourage some variety, and be a nice consolation for all the other hits the deck is taking. Maybe Mon Cal Dockyards would find a home in the deck? Or RABOH? Some thematic and creative options could be found.