Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Re: Schedule & Rules

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

mightymaul wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 7:50 pm
game 1: i ran out of time, he had 14 life force, me 6 -> dont know the count/rules for that
game 2: win +25

game 1: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... a0hm44qlio
game 2: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... hddzfp0nhi

@Baron Soontir Fel:

just checked our first game. my last turn, before the time out, u had 14 life force, no hand. me 6 life force, no hand. i could easily drew up my cards and take the lost by -14. u wouldn't have been able to retrieve your deck little by little, max. 1 round. there was no reason to let the time run down, whether intentionally or not.

regardless of this, i guess the second game was a clear thing...

Correct, i wasn't able because you delayed the game in the beginning for 10 min.

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: jokerking

Post by Jedicon »

Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 11:15 pm
mightymaul wrote:
game 1: i ran out of time, he had 14 life force, me 6 -> dont know the count/rules for that

@Baron Soontir Fel:

just checked our first game. my last turn, before the time out, u had 14 life force, no hand. me 6 life force, no hand. i could easily drew up my cards and take the lost by -14. u wouldn't have been able to retrieve your deck little by little, max. 1 round. there was no reason to let the time run down, whether intentionally or not.

Correct, i wasn't able because you delayed the game in the beginning for 10 min.
Like he said though, couldn't he have just drawn up his force?

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

Jedicon wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Baron Soontir Fel wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 11:15 pm
mightymaul wrote:

@Baron Soontir Fel:

Like he said though, couldn't he have just drawn up his force?
He could, but he hasn't. That's not the point. The whole things left a bad taste behind because he wasted a lot play time in the beginning, which
negatively impacted the result because i played a slow set up and control deck which is strongest in the end game.

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Jedicon »

Time will always be a consideration, whether in live games or on GEMP.

mightymaul
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: mightymaul

Post by mightymaul »

cmon, u really think my game plan was to waste time and slow you down?

i haven't played a game on gemp for years and i warned you BEFORE THE GAME that it will take longer with me...regardless of this, i have made numerous mistakes, without which you would probably never have gotten into your "end game"...

the only bade taste is the fact, that you now present yourself as a bad loser...and that after such a clear result in game 2
Last edited by mightymaul on October 7th, 2020, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedicon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Jedicon »

Games timing out is less common on GEMP, but certainly not unheard of. It is fairly common in live play. This should be a moot issue.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

If you hadn't lost game 2 by 11 more, I'd sympathize more. Even if there was no time in game 1, you wouldn't have retrieved that much before he draws up, with no way to prevent it. If game 2 were closer and it was a question of if he doesn't time out you can win the match, sure. That isn't the case.

Ericobasso
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Ericobasso »

Calaglin wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:41 pm
Team what's their name again won against the not so allmighty Dragons with 2-1 (I won my game vs Eric)
Confirmed. Here's the game links:
https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... fg5pj3fwqc
https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... wq0kcflszx
Eric

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

arebelspy wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 1:26 am
If you hadn't lost game 2 by 11 more, I'd sympathize more. Even if there was no time in game 1, you wouldn't have retrieved that much before he draws up, with no way to prevent it. If game 2 were closer and it was a question of if he doesn't time out you can win the match, sure. That isn't the case.
Since there was the option for your opponent to draw up at any given point (you did not have a hidden base or Arica v / broken concentration lock) this should not have been a serious issue.

It is an issue though if your opponent is playing a controlling type of a deck and actively initiates actions to take time of the clock (like draining for 0 or unlimited moves).

Just my personal 2 cents.

Are there official tournament guidelines on stalling?

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

ketwol wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 8:12 am
arebelspy wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 1:26 am
Since there was the option for your opponent to draw up at any given point (you did not have a hidden base or Arica v / broken concentration lock) this should not have been a serious issue.

It is an issue though if your opponent is playing a controlling type of a deck and actively initiates actions to take time of the clock (like draining for 0 or unlimited moves).

Just my personal 2 cents.

Are there official tournament guidelines on stalling?
yeah, it's punishable. but it's really hard to catch. usually, what you need to do, if you think your opponent is stalling, call a judge to watch the game.
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

ketwol wrote:

I hope you didn't think the bolded part was me trying to stall in our game. I was just having fun with it. I would have done the same in person. Just pointed at my drain and probably yelled at you to lose your 0 force lol.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

alex-1 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 6:39 pm
I won both games against my opponent
could you please post the links on google drive as a comment.
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

rhendon wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 9:03 am
ketwol wrote:

I hope you didn't think the bolded part was me trying to stall in our game. I was just having fun with it. I would have done the same in person. Just pointed at my drain and probably yelled at you to lose your 0 force lol.
yeah, maybe stop doing that on GEMP, unless it has a purpose (like hyperdrive) :)
Tamas Papp

Death Star
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

I won both games against pmyers, the first one by +3, the second one by +25.
The second one was played today though, so after the deadline, which was my fault since we wanted to play both yesterday evening but something important came up on my side and we had to delay the second game.

I add the game links to the google sheet.
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

The schedule is up!
Tamas Papp

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

rhendon wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 9:03 am
ketwol wrote:

Wasn't directed at you ;) Just an example of a possible way to perform an action that consumes time. Personally I never had issues with timing out on Gemp so I dont really care. It is way more fair than LIVE games, since in LIVE games, you get punished for your opponent playing slowly. On GEMP you are responsible for finishing your opponent in the time given to you personally :rimshot

JimmyFrench
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by JimmyFrench »

Yoda007 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 10:41 am
The schedule is up!
Hi Tamas,

Is the format fixed? I mean, can players from same team decide to switch the format?
I played Jawa and would love to play another format.
Let us know

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

JimmyFrench wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 5:25 am
Yoda007 wrote:
The schedule is up!
Hi Tamas,

Is the format fixed? I mean, can players from same team decide to switch the format?
Let us know
Yeah, format is fixed, so there is no tactically changing roles.
Tamas Papp

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Yoda007 wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 8:13 am
JimmyFrench wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 5:25 am
Yoda007 wrote:
The schedule is up!
Hi Tamas,

Let us know
Yeah, format is fixed, so there is no tactically changing roles.
Even when your teammates don't know rares from dagobah? :rimshot
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

aermet69 wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 8:25 am

Even when your teammates don't know rares from dagobah? :rimshot
Or that Dagobah and Ahch-To cannot be on table at the same time. ;)
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Return to “2020 European Championship - Bochum, Germany”