SWCCG game play discussion.
BButter19
Starter
Starter

Re: Flattening the Curve

Post by BButter19 »

imrahil327 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm
I am not sure why the compass points to what Disney is doing vs what the community would like / needs.
This sure sounds like speaking for the community to me. :???
Really? The statement clearly states there is an unaccounted piece of data - do you have it? Nitpicking semantics is a typical tactic for people to avoid addressing valid points or the truth.

D&D can continue to press forward and possibly repeat history of a reset without this piece of data. Or you can nitpick and divert attention from the issues being brought up.

Strong foundation = strong future. Please read the thread.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Don't condescend me, I read the thread. You've been deflecting the entire time, and multiple people have tried to pin down the actual point you're trying to make, without success. You're also taking it as a given that "if only the PC would do what I want, there wouldn't have to be a reset" which simply isn't true.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

BButter19
Starter
Starter

Post by BButter19 »

It’s clear what my points are. You want to get into a semantics battle for reasons I have stated. It’s all in the thread. You are very defensive.

I voted. Other members of the community voted. There is a start.

Please tell others where they can vote clearly also.

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

BButter19 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 10:00 pm
He already answered this. Please read the thread.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer, GEMP Slicer
Image Image

BButter19
Starter
Starter

Post by BButter19 »

Echo Base Trooper wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 10:07 pm
BButter19 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 10:00 pm
He already answered this. Please read the thread.
My bad. I forgot there was a 6 year old survey for all the players that D&D relied on for guidance and followed through on...

The_Emp
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: The_Emp

Post by The_Emp »

sac89837 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:39 am
The_Emp wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 10:29 pm
How many people are actually playing: Hidden Base, DBO, City In the Clouds, Agents in the Court, Imperial Occupation, DS & LS Combat, My Kind of Scum, MBO, Rebel Strike Team, Rescue the Princess, Twin Suns?
I can answer some of these:

City in the Clouds/Twin Suns - These are demo decks that are meant to teach the game and play against each other. They were specifically designed to be simple to play and will never be competitive.

Imperial Occupation - Operatives were killed by rule by Decipher. Someday we might bring back Walkers, but not Operatives.

Combat - This deck has seen a ton of play post reset. We just blanked the effect counters and their is a new Qui-Gonn and Dooku. The deck will always suffer from the worst starting ratio and bad match ups against decks that don't play Jedi. But that's how it was designed by Decipher.

DBO - We actually tried to bring this one back, but any attempt to bring back DBO has to prevent the deck from playing Menance Fades and will require a ton of helpers. If we virtualize it and make it a squadron deck, how is it going to be different than EBO, YOBS and Hidden Base? Maybe someday we will take it on again.

Hidden Base - Two of the first cards I made were Anoat(V) and ANSB(V) so Hidden Base would be playable. It's won plenty of tournaments and every time we create LS space cards they can go in this deck. I don't think it really needs any more deck specific helpers any more.

RTP - This ones a tough one as I want to make a TK-421 and TK-422 and it's such a good theme. Problem is the 7 side is NPE and so just accelerating the deck is not a way we can go. Again with DBO if we virtualize it, then we have to make sure the helpers don't make NON-V RTP too powerful.

RST - Some of our first V-Sets had RST helpers and I have seen it around. Wicket with Sabine and Stun Blaster is brutal. Imperial Decree(V) being everywhere due to No Idea hurt the deck. We might see a resurgence now as Decree(V) isn't needed for No Idea.

AiTiC - This deck is really good with General Jar Jar as your rep. Gungan Energy Shield is a really good card. Plus set 13 has even more alien helpers to make turning on Ancient Watering Hole, plus a reacting Chewie. I bet we see some in competitive play.

MKOS - This decks problem is it's the third best scum option behind Court and CCT. Maybe someday we can make better MKOS specific cards.

MBO - What's really hurting this is Great Shot, Kid!. Again like RTP if we made it easier and faster to blow up the Death Star, it gets out of hand. We have thrown abound starting over with this deck, but it's going to take a lot of playtesting.
Hey this is a pretty good summary. So these are examples of decks too that with some additional minor buffs could elevate more to a competitive level, and if we aren't seeing it played in OCS games and at tournaments very often that tells us they need a bump. For alot of these I haven't seen much help at all, but for many other decks we've seen a bunch of help for.
This list is mostly WHY these decks aren't good and don't see play, but isn't that D&D's role is to balance them so they don't continue to be bad and not played?

For the demo decks we could slightly tweak them so they could be relevant and played but keep there same feel.
Twin Suns - Even a small tweak to be able to start Maul's Landing site, or on the Flip side to allow the peek to not have to reshuffle would warrant it enough to maybe be viable.
City in the Clouds - Perhaps some activation help would be good enough. An ability to pull a 2/0 by paying 1 or something like that would be just enough.

Imperial Occupation - We could certainly adjust this so it's playable again, just like how we can add something to the objective so it doesn't get hurt as bad by the shields. Adding a +1 icon for 2/1s, or changing it so the Opponent's don't have such a great deploy discount, would probably make it competitive enough again rather than being in the grave. I haven'

DS & LS Combat - As mentioned in my above post a destiny draw to kill off a player rather than just targeting a spy, or some activation help. Just that minor change could make it much more competitive.

RTP - Give it some activation help and maybe a bacta tank. Or virutalize it and dull down the flip side.
But even if we leave the original objective and help it out, it is still so far down the ladder that a little bit of help can go a long way. I don't think the flip side is NPE, powerful yes but it gives up alot for that power so at least there is a trade off. We should at least improve it slightly to test it, given this objective is probably more sensitive to change because of it's good flip side.

RST - This is a good deck example where D&D has done a good job at adding helpers to it. We haven't seen anything for quite a while, and I would have figured we would have seen some kind of help in the last many vsets but we have not."We might see a resurgence", but it still hasn't been played much yet in what, 5+ years? Don't we think we could do something to help it out a bit? Make an effect that encourages ewoks when paired together to add cumulatively to attrition or battle destiny or something. There's lots of things we could do of course.

AITC - I don't know the new Vset cards well enough to know if they will bump this up enough, but playtesting I'm sure has communicated it so you guys would know best as a rough estimate where it would stand. But it's been down for so long that some kind of help was needed so I'm happy to see D&D has done that in vset 13.
Now the power 7 forfeit 6 deploy for only 2, as a react! Chewbacca is a whole other thread.

MKOS - The problem I see with it is that it has to control 2 battlegrounds, and the wonky non Tatooine battleground text to flip. If we override that with an effect that eliminates those needs then I think this objective is viable again.

MBO - What if we just reduced down the damage from blowing up the death star?

In general I think some of the maybe one days are concerning as D&D is the only one with full control over this stuff. I'd like to see D&D expand in the number of volunteers so we can see more cards come out more often and not put so much of a burden on 5 or 6 players.

Jedicon
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Jedicon »

The_Emp wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:06 pm

MKOS - The problem I see with it is that it has to control 2 battlegrounds, and the wonky non Tatooine battleground text to flip. If we override that with an effect that eliminates those needs then I think this objective is viable again.

In general I think some of the maybe one days are concerning as D&D is the only one with full control over this stuff. I'd like to see D&D expand in the number of volunteers so we can see more cards come out more often and not put so much of a burden on 5 or 6 players.
MKOS does not need to control 2 battlegrounds. Problem solved.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

imrahil327 wrote:
I am not sure why the compass points to what Disney is doing vs what the community would like / needs.
It would be nice to have a new survey so the PC would have this data.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

rhendon wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 4:00 pm
imrahil327 wrote:
I think we need to find out how many people want a survey first ...
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

The_Emp
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: The_Emp

Post by The_Emp »

Jedicon wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 2:40 am
The_Emp wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:06 pm

MKOS does not need to control 2 battlegrounds. Problem solved.
My bad, meant occupy, thank you for pointing out. Occupy 2 to flip would be better, and control 1 specific battleground to stay flipped I think sounds better to adjust the objective. Playtesting would need to confirm if that is too easy though, but it's so far down the curve relative to the other top tier decks a change like this I think is needed.

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 4:04 pm
rhendon wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
A regular survey would be something I'd like to see.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

mrfahrenheit7
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor
GEMP Username: mjturner

Post by mrfahrenheit7 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 4:57 pm
JarJarDrinks wrote:
rhendon wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
A regular survey would be something I'd like to see.
x2
Mike Turner - 2017 & 2018 Montana State Champion, 2018 Washington State Champion
Hunter wrote:Someone just outhookied thehooky.
TacoBill wrote:Your game plan is to lose the AC? Seems questionable

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

They are working on one now.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
rhendon wrote:
I'll go ahead and schedule a conference call, on which we can plan a meeting, to discuss how we should go about finding out how many people would want to do a survey.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 5:06 pm
They are working on one now. Image
I was saying for it to be more of a regular thing. I honestly can't recall the last one. I think it was shortly after the reset. This should be something the PC does more often just to have a pulse on things. Just reading forums doesn't hit home with everything.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

arebelspy wrote:
A fact I've literally mentioned in this thread, by the way.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

BButter19
Starter
Starter

Post by BButter19 »

rhendon wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 8:38 pm
arebelspy wrote:
I was saying for it to be more of a regular thing. I honestly can't recall the last one. I think it was shortly after the reset. This should be something the PC does more often just to have a pulse on things. Just reading forums doesn't hit home with everything.
x2

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

U guys on design should consider more official abbreviations going forward. The piloting icon and immune to alter icon, and /\ were a great addition years ago. OPG(once per game) would save card space and is something everyone knows what it stands for.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Saladas wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:47 pm
U guys on design should consider more official abbreviations going forward. The piloting icon and immune to alter icon, and /\ were a great addition years ago. OPG(once per game) would save card space and is something everyone knows what it stands for.
I honestly don't know what's gained by that. Thankfully proofing and the design team typically very good about checking card length without using the abbreviations so adding more wouldn't allow more text length (creep). That was ignored in legacy and I'd hate to see it brought back on purpose.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Return to “General Discussion”