Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Scott's lifetime achievement award

Post by Advocate »

I'll be posting some pictures and thoughts tomorrow. Just wanted to give a heads up.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: This space reserved....

Post by Hobbie »

:saber:
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

what is the point of reserving space? i'm so confused!!!

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Its taking a bit extra....
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Advocate wrote:Its taking a bit extra....
it.usually taks a whil to post. from wii.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

So I was thinking of ways to post about it and kept drawing a blank.

First off, I want to start off my thanking Kim Caton. She continues to be to go to person for the major events on the East Coast and without her, the events would not be the same.

I also wanted to thank Mark Peterson for coming out and being the rules guy for the weekend since Tim was unable to make it because of someone getting married (not him!).

Mike Gemme really had a great idea that was just forgotten about since the RamapoCon days when it came to SWCCG. His idea of the play by play for a featured match, was amazing. Especially since it goes out live. His freedom to do whatever he wanted was a huge boost to the people that couldn't make it as well as the people that were there, but didn't see the matchup. Its definately going to be in place at every major event where possible going forward.

Also, major props to the tech guy at the hotel. They were going to charge 1K per day for the internet access in the event room and after hearing about the event and the organization, he did it for FREE. Awesome. The community we have is just amazing. The hotel was psyched to have SWCCG there. They were using SW Themed directional signs that the staff voted on which images/sayings to use. That is very cool.

I also wanted to thank all the new people I had a chance to meet in person. Its just amazing to get a chance to meet someone we only normally know online. I'll never forget Ted Panczyszyn, because of him, the group of guys in Philly/NJ met Team Albany back in 1998 and the rest is history. The players getting into the game and coming to the events nowadays are making friends for life.

On Saturday, Matt Sokol surprised me with a Lifetime Achievement Award. During some annoucements, Matt asked me to come to the front of the room and without me knowing, presented me with a plaque from the players. That plaque was the first award we have ever given out and I had no idea it was going to be given to me. I heard since then about all the people involved in this surprise and putting together some amazing gifts for me and my wife Kristin.

The playing community got together with Matt and Jon Chu and organized the plaque. They also were able to get a generous donation together of SouthWest Airline gift cards - my travel voucher - as Matt called it. I am hoping to use it for Kris and I to travel for the SoCal event in October! Matt also was able to get some cash donations, which I will also use for future events.

But the one thing that was given to me on top of all of that, was a replica of Luke's Return of the Jedi lightsaber. To put it mildly, its amazing. I'll be posting an image with this post. Its sitting in my TV Room of my house and even my wife agrees that its beautiful. My kids are jealous they can't play it...but thats ok, they are still just learning the Force...
IMAG0686.jpg
IMAG0686.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
IMAG0686.jpg
IMAG0686.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
I can't tell this playing community how proud I am of everyone. Because of the hard work of the volunteers in the game, we have crowned 11 champions:

2011 Kevin Shannon
2010 Dan Kim
2009 Brian Hunter
2008 Kevin Shannon
2007 Jonathan Chu
2006 Nate Meeker
2005 Drew Scott
2004 Brandon Schele
2003 Jonathan Chu
2002 Angelo Consoli
2001 Bastian Winkelhaus

Thats amazing. The professionalism of the website, the virtual cards, online play, vkit, etc... This game has grown so much, completely as a volunteer group. The advocates, playtesters, mods, rules team, GD Team, proofers, web guys, tournament directors, and especially all the players that play in locals all the way up to the major events world wide. This is why we do it. So everyone can have a good time and enjoy the game they love.

I really was surprised and humbled for what this community did for me. It is still surreal. So I definitely want to just thank everyone for the gifts and kind words. I am looking forward to SoCal and I am definitely pumped for whats coming for the rest of 2011 and beyond. I hope you'll like what we do also.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

mr007agent

Re: Scott's lifetime achievement award

Post by mr007agent »

I'll drink to that!
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

Hear hear!!!

Scott you are THE MAN!!

Thanks for everything you do! You deserve a lightsaber because you deflect haters like Luke deflects blaster bolts.

I'm looking forward to the next 10 years!
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

If anyone has some good images from this, please send them to me. Thanks

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

You deserved every bit of praise we gave you and more, Scott. You're the best. Image
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

Hell Yeah Bro. I am so glad you like the stuff. Long live SWCCG and long live the COMMUNITY!
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

kcaton
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by kcaton »

Hear hear!

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

There have been a lot of joys for me with being a part of this game. As most of the Colorado crew knows, I generally have gotten more joy out of administrating the game than playing it (not that I hate playing, I enjoy it, but I really enjoy administration). But the last 3 years it has been a pleasure for me to consider you a friend and ally. Even when I have terrible things to discuss, you have had the vision and determination to make sure the game gets through. I really admire everything you have done and the amount of crap you have put up with (from me!) to get the game not just to survive, but to be a lot of fun.

I raise my glass to Scott Lingrel!
Well, Bye.

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

JediJer wrote:If anyone has some good images from this, please send them to me. Thanks
i have some ... will send.
ImageImage

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

I think you meant that you've crowned 9 champions.

But regardless, I'm sad I couldn't be there to see this happen in person. It could not be more well-deserved. Enjoy it, my friend, and I look forward to seeing you again at the SoCal event!
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

scott lingrell i wish i could have been there to be part of the ceremony or whatever it was. you have made all of this possible for everyone. i feel like the game couldn't possibly be in better hands than yours. thank you
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

I have video of the entire ceremony on my phone, just have to figure out how to get it onto a computer.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

raith
Retired Advocate

Post by raith »

Nerts, I just had a thought, did anyone think to play the Y4: throne room music at the end of ANH when scott was receiving his award?

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

I think we were all just excited to hear what he had to say(if he managed to get any words out), so music didnt quite come up.

Definitely deserve the recognition that you got, and glad you were able to share it with the family so they can understand just a bit more about how important you are to this community.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

BrenDerlin wrote:I think you meant that you've crowned 9 champions.

But regardless, I'm sad I couldn't be there to see this happen in person. It could not be more well-deserved. Enjoy it, my friend, and I look forward to seeing you again at the SoCal event!
maybe we should ask denny green about crowning ppl
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”