SWCCG Documentary

Kenth Hamner
Starter
Starter

SWCCG Documentary

Post by Kenth Hamner »

I will be at worlds this year adding yet more footage to my swccg library. God willing by this time next year we will have a documentary for all swccg fans to enjoy. I am looking for histories, stories of adventures with Kendrick Summers, Jonothan Quesenburry...( I have plenty but I want to include as mamy people as possible. Tell me who your nemisis is... Tell me those cherrished memories, Tell me about your love for this game
If you have photos for possible inclusion please bring them on a cd with any associted texts or notes on the players, the event and what is happening in the photos. anything from the first worlds to your local scene would be awesome... I do have the lord of the rings models learning to play swccg around here somewhere.
More to come be ready to reflect and have a great worlds.

Derek
Gold 46

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Re: SWCCG Documentary

Post by quesosauce37 »

sounds great!

talk to matt thornton aka brenderlin aka hollywood kid

he lives in LA and works in the movie buisness and has been wanting to do something like this for swccg
Jerry H

Image Image

Kenth Hamner
Starter
Starter

Post by Kenth Hamner »

I just play tested with him a few days ago... I wonder if he knows my grand plan... I guess I should inform him next time I see him...

Kenth Hamner
Starter
Starter

Re: SWCCG Documentary and some hard questions

Post by Kenth Hamner »

Just wanted to thank all those who helped this weekend and for those who contributed interviews.

Just thinking about the direction this game has gone in over the last few years and I recently hit upon Scott Church's DeckTech article from 2006
"What would have been, Decipher and Star Wars."
So looking back now... Is it really better that they lost the license? How good a job did they do throughout? How good a job did they do at the end? Who loves decipher? ...

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Do I see decipher learning more and more as they go on, yes. Cards made right before the ep1 ones were pretty fair with some notable exceptions, and then the cash grab began and quality suffered.

It was still bad they lost the license. Printing + mass distribution + exposure is still huge. Everyday exposure = more new players. That's a loss that we will never recover from, and I don't think anyone could make a solid argument that it's better they lost the license. Like if we could have new cards instead of v set 1 most of us would take new printed cards in a heartbeat.

I think that PC is going through a similar learning curve, but suffers from having fewer testing resources available. Hence all the mass erratas.
Mike Tomashewski

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

There also comes the licensing issues with the new cards that can be produced, what images can be used, etc... Now I have full confidence that once Decipher started introducing Ep 2 & 3 stuff, they would definitely have screwed the pooch and ruined something. But, they also would have had the ability to make WB versions of additional sets, so Endor rares like an AT-ST cannon wouldn't cost $20 because they are so scarce.

PC has done a tremendous job, especially given the restrictions they have to work under, and I think the next 2 or 3 years are going to continue to build on that and take us to a new level. They also went through their own growing pains in the beginning, and once they cut some dead weight(ahem Andrew Howard) things started running much smoother.

Fade out

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Kenth Hamner
Starter
Starter

Post by Kenth Hamner »

Well I just wanted to update everyone... I just got my new dell and will be setting up and going through the rough cut in Jan 2011. Really hope to get this done for everyone and thanks again.

Derek

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Excellent, can't wait!
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

awesome!
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

link?

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

Dude, he got a Dell!
Gregory Shaw

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Yeah whatever happened to this, I remember him interviewing people at worlds in Philly for this.

Return to “2010 Worlds - Philadelphia, PA - August 12-15, 2010”