Set 12 Spoilers

SWCCG game play discussion.
arebelspy

Re: Set 12 Spoilers

Post by arebelspy »

The_Emp wrote:No more spoilers ?
I’m really hoping this tweak set tweaks a lot of previous virtual cards D&D believes missed the mark and not just 4 or 5 cards on each side
I love love love it when we get new adds that expand the swccg universe and keep things fresh
Yeah, can we get spoiled how many cards for each side there will be?

Ardrra
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack
GEMP Username: Ardrra

Post by Ardrra »

another spoiled card not in the OP:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74741&start=20
Issac

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Also, Corran and CRG's...but listen to Bad Deck Breakdowns!

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Is this better than the old one?

•Darth Maul, Lone Hunter [If The Trace Was Correct (V)] 1
[Tatooine - U]
Lore: Trade Federation.
DARK - CHARACTER - SITH
POWER 7 ABILITY 6 DARK JEDI
Text: If drawn for destiny, may take into hand to cancel and redraw that destiny. Cancels Blaster Deflection and game text of Amidala here. Maul's weapon destiny draws may not be modified or canceled by opponent. Immune to attrition < 5.
DEPLOY 6 FORFEIT 8
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Therion
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Therion »

The Franchise wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 10:17 pm
Spoiler
Show
[Tatooine - U]
DARK - CHARACTER - SITH
Text: If drawn for destiny, may take into hand to cancel and redraw that destiny. Cancels Blaster Deflection and game text of Amidala here. Maul's weapon destiny draws may not be modified or canceled by opponent. Immune to attrition < 5.
DEPLOY 6 FORFEIT 8
The destiny text is huge, and between that and the loss of the "alone" requirement on the bulk of his text probably makes up for not blanking Qui-Gon and Obi. Plus his deploy/forfeit is better. Still, this is Maul we're talking, and any persona of his has some pretty tough competition to see play. Definitely a buff for E1 mains and anything running the Sith Infiltrator for space - easier to get both into hand, and you'll (almost) never draw the 1 for destiny.

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

The Franchise wrote:

[Tatooine - U]
DARK - CHARACTER - SITH
DEPLOY 6 FORFEIT 8
Oh yeah.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

marines28 wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 12:28 am
The Franchise wrote:

[Tatooine - U]
DARK - CHARACTER - SITH
DEPLOY 6 FORFEIT 8
Oh yeah.
Good question. That Obi/Qui-gon blanking was imo the most powerful thing about the current one. But then again, all the other text is solid boosts. A small counter to NI as well? He'll chew through 2 scrubs a turn. Just needs some forfeit support.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

I'll give up Obi/Qui blanking in exchange for his swings now always getting around NI, OA, Wesa, Rescue, female interrupt, Blaster Deflection, etc. That leaves AJC and KYEO; both can be Sensed, and the latter has a commonly-played bullet.

Not having to be alone also lets you combo him with someone like Nute-v (conveniently pullable with TPM) for a second destiny, which paired with two swings means you're clearing a lot of crap.

Granted it's not as card efficient as EPP, but if you're running a deck that has a saber puller in it anyway (Evil, No Match, or even Blaster Rack), he's a wrecking ball. Plus if you're drawing 5-6 destinies in a battle with him, good odds that you'll come across another copy, take it into hand, and be ready to replace him as soon as he dies.

And he deploys cheaper. Yeah, solid improvement all around imo.

Turalyon
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: Lo_Thar

Post by Turalyon »

Cool! Plese give him this "separatist" sign (you, know, this one what is in stuning move)

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Turalyon wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 10:29 am
Cool! Plese give him this "separatist" sign (you, know, this one what is in stuning move)
That wouldn't make any sense.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

hanotsri wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 10:38 am
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:05 am
hanotsri wrote:
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
*Pushes up glasses* well actually Darth Maul never worked directly with the separatists after his return. He led his own faction of Sith types, followed by leading the Mandalorians and that one criminal organization from Solo(hence why I want to see an Alien persona of Darth Maul).
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

Corran wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:15 am
JarJarDrinks wrote:
hanotsri wrote:
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
*Pushes up glasses* well actually Darth Maul never worked directly with the separatists after his return. He led his own faction of Sith types, followed by leading the Mandalorians and that one criminal organization from Solo(hence why I want to see an Alien persona of Darth Maul).
His top half and bottom half were separated. Separated is pretty close to Separatist.

But yes, thematically Maul shouldn't have a Separatist icon.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Corran wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
hanotsri wrote:
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
:lol: yeah dude it was a joke of him being literally separated, Hence a separatist.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:20 am
Corran wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
hanotsri wrote:
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
:lol: yeah dude it was a joke of him being literally separated, Hence a separatist.
Woosh... totally missed that...
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Lol at the separatist bit. When they sent me the new text it took way too long for me to figure out his lore is trade fed so invasion can use him, even though he wasnt part of the trade federation. Its like when dx did the promo mocking the nation of domination- jason sensation wasnt in dx, but his am owen hart was still a big part of the whole thing

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

rsersen wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 3:27 am
I'll give up Obi/Qui blanking in exchange for his swings now always getting around NI, OA, Wesa, Rescue, female interrupt, Blaster Deflection, etc. That leaves AJC and KYEO; both can be Sensed, and the latter has a commonly-played bullet.

Not having to be alone also lets you combo him with someone like Nute-v (conveniently pullable with TPM) for a second destiny, which paired with two swings means you're clearing a lot of crap.

Granted it's not as card efficient as EPP, but if you're running a deck that has a saber puller in it anyway (Evil, No Match, or even Blaster Rack), he's a wrecking ball. Plus if you're drawing 5-6 destinies in a battle with him, good odds that you'll come across another copy, take it into hand, and be ready to replace him as soon as he dies.

And he deploys cheaper. Yeah, solid improvement all around imo.
Legitimately, thanks for posting this- i dont know enough about the meta to properly assess the weapon text. Tbh when i saw the qui/obi text gone my gut reaction was they made the card worse- however, one of the main things on the qui text was to prevent a blowout by epp quigon, which is now mitigated somewhat since maul can be backed up with forfeit stuff. It does lose some of the thematics imo of maul hunting the queen, but tbh this card always felt a little out of place as it had began as one part of like a 5 card hunt the queen theme and eventually got cut down to just this iirc.

Anyway hope folks enjoy it and maybe he makes his way into a few decks

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

The Franchise wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:33 am
Anyway hope folks enjoy it and maybe he makes his way into a few decks
I think he will find his way into plenty of decks now.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
hanotsri wrote:
Turalyon wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler
Show
LOL

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

The Franchise wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:28 am
Lol at the separatist bit. When they sent me the new text it took way too long for me to figure out his lore is trade fed so invasion can use him, even though he wasnt part of the trade federation. Its like when dx did the promo mocking the nation of domination- jason sensation wasnt in dx, but his am owen hart was still a big part of the whole thing
At least he's tangentially related to the Trade Federation in The Phantom Menace. It's not egregious like giving Dr. Aphra the Trade Federation text because she happened to steal a bunch of old Trade Federation droids 22 years after the war ended.

Also, I like the updated text.

Return to “General Discussion”