How many of each card do you keep

SWCCG game play discussion.
The Franchise

How many of each card do you keep

Post by The Franchise »

So unlike other games that generally limit each deck to 3-4 copies of a specific card, one of the unique features of swccg is no specific card limit.

Over the years we have seen decks with multiples do well- pre errata operatives, outer rim scout isb,x wing swarm, lobotomy, and others.

I will be auditing my collection soon and potentially looking to divest myself of extraneous cards- but what is that limit?

It seems like you probably would never play more than 6 of any rare (except outer rim scout) - im thinking 6 emperors in aobs type of stuff.

But what about commons and uncommons? Twenty x wings are probably enough- but like lobotomy played 30+ of the setup card i think

Anyone have solid numbers on how many copies of each card is best to keep so you can build any deck?

V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: How many of each card do you keep

Post by aermet69 »

I bought up a few collections a couple of years ago. I've only gone through LS, but what I did was keep 10 of each card in the boxes that I use for decks (C/U) and then an extra 5 of each card stowed away in other boxes. Yeah, I might not be able to recreate the might x-wing swarm, but should I ever need to do so, I'd probably borrow, p or play online.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Depends on how many cubes you want to make. I am thinking about building like 5-10 different cubes and to do that I either need some cheap card game (WARS is a strong possibility since i already have a bundle) but I would really prefer to just use WB premiere C/UC for the cube. So I might eventually be soliciting people for extra WB premiere in the future.

I think you should also factor how many different decks do you want built at once. If you go with 10 for common cards, you might not be playing 10 in one deck, but you could want extras for different decks. Like Wesa for example I would never have enough copies of because I use 4-5 in so many different decks and I don't want to switch them out.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by lithy »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:36 am
Depends on how many cubes you want to make. I am thinking about building like 5-10 different cubes and to do that I either need some cheap card game (WARS is a strong possibility since i already have a bundle) but I would really prefer to just use WB premiere C/UC for the cube. So I might eventually be soliciting people for extra WB premiere in the future.

I think you should also factor how many different decks do you want built at once. If you go with 10 for common cards, you might not be playing 10 in one deck, but you could want extras for different decks. Like Wesa for example I would never have enough copies of because I use 4-5 in so many different decks and I don't want to switch them out.
I've got a medium flat rate box of WB Premiere C/UC (mostly C of course) that is just about full that you're welcome to have either all of or whatever you want out of it whenever you're ready. I'm in Pittsburgh, so wouldn't even have to ship.

To answer the question, I have a binder of each card for reading/referencing, then I specifically separate out 3 copies of each card in a set to toss into anthology boxes sorted by set for building decks. Rares beyond that become trade fodder and C/UC just get boxed up by set and given away as I'm able. If I ever get around to needing more I figure the C/UC would be no problem to track down.

Not sure why I settled on 3, it is almost definitely too many for many, many cards and too few for a few, but that's just what I decided I could live with for my piles of cards.

I generally only desire to play Prem-Ref2 type stuff, especially paired theme decks, of which I have a couple permanently built and separated out, so it isn't often that I need more than a couple copies of stuff because I'd rather throw in a bunch of garbage cards to fit the theme rather than multiples of the best card :p

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

I think 10 of each common/uncommon, excluding things like x-wings and ties,
4 of most rares, 6 Emperors, 6 Luke’s, 4 of most other rares, 5-7 palace raiders, around 10 destroyer droids, and 10 outer rim scouts (lower priority) should do it. 2 sets of defensive shields? That way you can play with a friend/lend out an entire deck/decks if need be?

I originally was going to do this with my commons and uncommons, but got lazy. I also kind of dropped the ball on the other as well and now mostly buy, obtain whatever I need to have 4-6 physical decks built for each side at any given time. So my collection looks kind of weird.

But if I was going to try to consolidate my collection, this is basically the route I’d go.
Top Finishes:
-2018 Endor Grand Prix Team Tournament 2nd Place
-2012 SC States 2nd Place
-2011 Malastare Regionals 2nd Place
-2010 Malastare Regionals 3rd Place

Decipher ELO Ratings:
Highest: 1696
Final: 1656

OCS Records:
2020: 10-38
2019: 6-18

Scrabble: 1738 (354-207)

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

3x CUCs is what I settled on

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I've gone the Tom Kelly approach and just have a set of defensive shields, although I'm unsure if he keeps losing his set or not.

Return to “General Discussion”