Set 13

SWCCG game play discussion.
Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Set 13

Post by Madmanwithabox »

So... we’ve had the tweak set.

What’s the expected size/theme (still Solo based?)/release date of this set?

We haven’t had a design blog in a while, however now we have a regular Twitch show with Holotheatre, maybe that’s a better place for some news about how things are progressing, and possibly what set 14 might look like (a TLJ set, perhaps?).

Cheers.

New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Set 13

Post by shawnd1984 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:20 am

We haven’t had a design blog in a while, however now we have a regular Twitch show with Holotheatre, maybe that’s a better place for some news about how things are progressing, and possibly what set 14 might look like (a TLJ set, perhaps?).

Cheers.
Or an Episode 9 Rey who is immune to Attrition, Destiny 9 and cannot be target by weapons, interrupts or effects.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:38 am
Madmanwithabox wrote:

Cheers.
Or an Episode 9 Rey who is immune to Attrition, Destiny 9 and cannot be target by weapons, interrupts or effects.
Insufficient. Needs to be immune to Vehicles too.
Spoiler
Show
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things. Play Sealed Games, Win Sealed Prizes

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

I’d imagine it’s going to be released about a month before worlds. Normally there would be a chance it’d be released concurrently with nationals, but with the way things have been this year, I don’t think that’s happening. The earliest I could see a release would be Europeans.

As far as cards, I have no clue what will be released.

I think besides the RPS thing for DS, the meta is in a pretty good place. You could see Episode 3 objects maybe focusing on the last half of the movie, clone wars filler, the mandolorian series cards, or episode 9 stuff.

I’m not really sure what I’d like besides maybe a few more mini mains for DS, along the lines of Aurra.

New objectives would be cool, but I rather they be good and not rushed.
Top Finishes:
-2018 Endor Grand Prix Team Tournament 2nd Place
-2012 SC States 2nd Place
-2011 Malastare Regionals 2nd Place
-2010 Malastare Regionals 3rd Place

Decipher ELO Ratings:
Highest: 1696
Final: 1656

OCS Records:
2020: 10-38
2019: 6-18

Scrabble: 1738 (354-207)

Berm
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Berm »

I hope they continue the set 12 idea of tweaks and slightly tweak older cards (slightly worsen cards that are too good and slightly improve cards that aren't good...*Daughter of Skywalker for example).

This would be in addition to the new set - so just minor revisions to old (v) cards while a new set is made.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:58 am
shawnd1984 wrote:
Madmanwithabox wrote:

Cheers.
Insufficient. Needs to be immune to Vehicles too.
Spoiler
Show
"Gametext may not be canceled". it's also an oversized card, so you can track it easier.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

shawnd1984 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
it's also an oversized card, so you can track it easier.
lol

Looking forward to oversized card support on Gemp.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

We are working on it now. I believe at some point the lead designer for the set is going to be on holotheatre once a few more things are set.

Madmanwithabox

Post by Madmanwithabox »

chriskelly wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 1:08 pm
We are working on it now. I believe at some point the lead designer for the set is going to be on holotheatre once a few more things are set.
Awesome.

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

chriskelly wrote:
Was really hoping this was in response to the oversized card support comment. Now I feel a little let down ...
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Things i am hoping for in rise of skywalker set:

Rey based deck like communing where you can stack a bunch of jedis on communing and rey gets their text

A card representing the final order sith fleet

EMPEROR PALPATINE (V)

Objective where you pick up the macguffin on (not tatooine) and then take it to (maybe endor?) to find the second macguffin so you can go to spooky planet to (fight or become emperor)

New objective - bring HER before me

Interrupt “rey who” that blanks her text or something

Reys new lightsaber

Hux with landspeed = 1/2

And multiple versions of BABU FRIKK and ideally an objective based around him (could be part of the multiple maguffin objective)
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

:lol:
Batmouse wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 1:25 pm
chriskelly wrote:
Was really hoping this was in response to the oversized card support comment. Now I feel a little let down ...
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

The Franchise wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 1:35 pm
Things i am hoping for in rise of skywalker set:

Rey based deck like communing where you can stack a bunch of jedis on communing and rey gets their text

A card representing the final order sith fleet

EMPEROR PALPATINE (V)

Objective where you pick up the macguffin on (not tatooine) and then take it to (maybe endor?) to find the second macguffin so you can go to spooky planet to (fight or become emperor)

New objective - bring HER before me

Interrupt “rey who” that blanks her text or something

Reys new lightsaber

Hux with landspeed = 1/2

And multiple versions of BABU FRIKK and ideally an objective based around him (could be part of the multiple maguffin objective)
Babu Frikk Is the card to make LS Aliens playable!
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

Turalyon
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: Lo_Thar

Post by Turalyon »

All i only need is new DS Hoth Objective! In set 9 you start making first card for him :(

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

I’m not really sure what I’d like besides maybe a few more mini mains for DS, along the lines of Aurra.
This honestly. The imbalance between LS and DS support characters is pretty big. LS just has a pile of dudes with awesome text and cancels weapons, and dark sits there with a bunch of PEW cards with no other worthwhile text.

As always LS aliens should be a viable platform

Madmanwithabox

Post by Madmanwithabox »

Agreed on that - Nute V was a step in the right direction, but some more dudes that can provide equal utility to Padme, Lando Enraged, Solo, Rey, etc would be good.
And some boosts for Dark mains too - TRM is a very versatile mains platform (due in part to the great game text and weapons protection mentioned above), but HD/BHBM/LSC are less able to adapt without sacrificing some match ups.

The Solo movie theme seems like an excellent opportunity to make an interesting LS aliens platform, that isn’t just WYSv.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Cheaper star destroyers would be on my wishlist.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

RTAnger
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by RTAnger »

Agree with the cheaper deploy cost plus an increase in immunity or cap LS battle destinies.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Think deploy cost is fine considering Alert (v). But yeah big blue would be more appealing if it had better ways to stay on the table - relying on command and justice is meh.

As for support characters, Nute (v) is a great card, and Aurra also hit the mark being playable in everything but IE and Invasion. Pryde was meant to be a DS Hera but hasn’t seen much play for whatever reason.

Do think more universal helpers (whether characters, interrupts, or something else) is the best way to boost DS, rather than specific deck helpers that may or may not move the needle. Like ASM got a ton of specific attention with Evil, Lone Hunter, Trench, and it still wasn’t enough to push it to tier 1.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

I'm not sure what deck Pryde is supposed to even go in. He's a first order character that doesn't work in map and his destiny adder is far worse than Hera.

Return to “General Discussion”