Death Star: Docking Control Room 327

SWCCG Rules Q&A only.
Elrood
Starter
Starter

Death Star: Docking Control Room 327

Post by Elrood »

Hey there, returning player to this game. I played a couple of games using just the Premiere Two-Player sets and this card was confusing, even after reading the glossary.

Can you search your Reserve an unlimited number of times during your turn for a docking bay? Does it have to be done in between other actions?

Thanks!

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: Death Star: Docking Control Room 327

Post by fungineer »

Yes you can. The docking control room is one of those poorly worded cards which does not fall under the "one rule". Though it says "a" docking bay, and the only time it can be used is the deploy phase on your turn, it does not specify that timing on the card ("During your deploy phase" or "During your turn") thus it doesn't meet the qualifications which would limit it to a one-time use.

Elrood wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:17 pm
Does it have to be done in between other actions?
Each initiation of the search (in order to deploy) is a top level action for the DS player. Thus, so long as they control during their deploy phase, they can initiate the search whenever they have a top level action.

Also, you mentioned using the "glossary". Though that may get you through the 2-player game, the modern game uses the "advanced rulebook" which can be found here, along with other expanded rulings.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Please note that the rules have one built-in restriction. If you use the Docking Control Room to search for a Docking Bay and fail to find one, your opponent may verify your reserve deck and then you may not search with the Docking Control Room again until your next turn.

As long as you keep finding docking bays, though, you can keep searching over and over, potentially deploying many docking bays in a single turn.
Greg Zinn

Elrood
Starter
Starter

Post by Elrood »

Thanks for the replies. I was using the glossary that came with the SE set, but it really only confused me more. I think I understand how.

And on that last point, I assume then that any time your opponent searches the Reserve for something specific and isn’t able to find it, you may always confirm yourself?

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Elrood wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:02 pm
Thanks for the replies. I was using the glossary that came with the SE set, but it really only confused me more. I think I understand how.

And on that last point, I assume then that any time your opponent searches the Reserve for something specific and isn’t able to find it, you may always confirm yourself?

Correct. This is explained in the AR on page 1-3. (This is also the section Greg referred to above) There's even some cards which trigger actions if you just "Verified" an opponent's deck.
If your search fails to find any card matching the criteria
given, your opponent is permitted to look through that
deck, pile, or stack in order to prove that no candidate
could have been taken; this is called "verifying." An
exception to this is that an opponent may not verify your
hand; however, they may call a judge to verify your
hand for them. In addition, when the card or card type
you searched for was not found and your opponent has
verified this, you may not use that search function (even
if on a card with the same name) to search or look
through the same deck, pile, or stack again this turn.
After searching, you should replace the deck, pile, or
stack without shuffling, unless otherwise instructed.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

fungineer wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:51 pm
There's even some cards which trigger actions if you just "Verified" an opponent's deck.
Greg Zinn

Return to “Rules Questions”