Unlimited more rare than Limited?

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
Holla_Ackbar
Starter
Starter

Unlimited more rare than Limited?

Post by Holla_Ackbar »

Recently someone told me this. I guess it makes sense from the standpoint that Limited edition cards were more desirable than Unlimited when the game was in print. And if the game were still in print then Unlimited would likely be multiples of Limited, but obviously that's not the case. I know the prices for Limited cards are typically higher than Unlimited, except in some cases like Dagobah.

arebelspy

Re: Unlimited more rare than Limited?

Post by arebelspy »

Depends on the set.

Way more unlimited was printed of, say, Premier (and put in EPP packs, Reflections, etc.).

More Dagobah Limited was printed than Unlimited though.

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

Technically after Premier the WB cards are called 'Revised' and not Unlimited. And they were not always printed in higher quantities than the BB versions and also contain updated gametext, so some are more valuable.
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

ConnorPsh
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by ConnorPsh »

Yep as said above the 3 other sets are revised, not unlimited. They're definitely rarer, but not nessescarily more expensive.

I still think there's not as much unlimited as people think there is compared to limited for premiere. There's definitely more unlimited, but I really don't think it's by a massive margin.
:epic: Returning Collector, Gameplay Illiterate :epic:

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

ConnorPsh wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 11:55 pm
I still think there's not as much unlimited as people think there is compared to limited for premiere. There's definitely more unlimited, but I really don't think it's by a massive margin.
I'd imagine the people saying that are the ones that lived through that era. There was a lot of unlimited floating around in the early days. I'd say that unlimited was massively overprinted compared to the limited version.

I'd say most of it was trashed at some point though which might close the gap between the 2 versions with how much supply is actually out there of cards.

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”