Painful Watto - No Money, No Parts, No Deal

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
Berm
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Painful Watto - No Money, No Parts, No Deal

Post by Berm »

I had this idea for a Jawa deck but it has become too much trouble to actually test it. Most of the time I'm apologizing for trying it out - it has done well (winning 5 games) but I usually feel like crap because I would dislike playing against it.

This is definitely a rough draft idea, and has some of the 61st+ cards already in the deck so there is definitely room for improvement.

Watto is a platform that can cause very quick damage on Turn 1. Ni Chuba Na?? can pull Sebulba (v) who deploys for free to Mos Espa and Watto is pulled by Watto's Junkyard. Both cards deploy free turn 1 and flip the objective, allowing you to cause 2 damage before opponent can do anything.

Decklist:
Spoiler
Show
Starting:
1x Knowledge And Defense (V)
1x You Cannot Hide Forever & Mobilization Points
1x Quietly Observing (V)
1x Ni Chuba Na??
1x Tatooine: Mos Espa (V)
1x Tatooine: Watto's Junkyard
1x No Money, No Parts, No Deal!

Characters:
1x Aurra Sing With Blaster Rifle
1x Boba Fett (V)
1x Gragra
1x Jango Fett
2x Jodo Kast
1x R'tic H'weei
1x Sebulba (V)
3x Watto (AI)
1x Emperor Palpatine
1x 4-LOM With Concussion Rifle (V)
1x P-59
1x Kylo Ren
1x Darth Vader With Lightsaber
1x Grand Admiral Thrawn (V)
1x General Grievous
1x Darth Maul With Lightsaber

Effects:
1x Broken Concentration
1x No Escape
1x Search And Destroy
1x The Dark Path (V)
1x Xizor's Bounty

Interrupts:
1x A Dark Time For The Rebellion (V)
1x Alter (V)
6x Fear
1x Force Push (V)
1x Ghhhk
4x Hidden Weapons
1x Imperial Barrier
3x Imperial Command
1x Masterful Move & Endor Occupation
1x Prepared Defenses
1x Sense
1x Sith Fury (V)
1x Watto's Chance Cube
3x We Must Accelerate Our Plans

Locations:
1x Blockade Flagship: Bridge
1x Carida

1x Zuckuss In Mist Hunter
The idea is to cause damage very quickly using 3 avenues - Objective (2 damage), Search & Destroy (1 per turn), Fear (1 per turn).
Quietly Observing (v) serves to make Watto & Sebulba Black Sun agents and gives a guaranteed barrier for turn 1.
In reality, the opponent is upset by the end of turn 1 and concedes, giving you the win (ok not seriously).

Turn 1:
Ditch You Cannot Hide Forever for Search & Destroy
Use Quietly Observing (v) to reveal Sebulba & Watto as black sun agents
Activate Force
Use Watto's Junkyard to deploy Watto for free - check if Sebulba is in reserve deck
Use Ni Chuba Naa?? to depoy Sebulba for free to Mos Espa
Use Watto to pull Watto's Chance Cube
Put Watto's Chance Cube down to cause 2 force loss from objective
Play Fear if you had one in hand to cause 1 more force loss
Deploy Search & Destroy
Draw up - pulling Xizor's Bounty from reserve deck with Fanfare (v) - Opponent Loses 1 more to Search & Destroy

Opponent has now lost 4 force already before activating a force
First action on opponent's turn - play Fear again (and hope they grab it so you can abuse Imperial Command & Hidden Weapons)
Opponent has now lost at least 5 force before they have even deployed a single card.

If opponent tries to come to tatooine, Xizor's Bounty will keep you halfway safe and you've got a 10+ card hand to counter.

What it struggles with yet:

Activation - You're only getting 5 yourself. I have Carida in there but pulling Carida & Search & Destroy isn't guaranteed. Blockade Flagship Bridge & A Dark Time are in there for more activation, but not enough space to start A Dark Time

Longevity - Very quick damage can be weathered by an opponent who doesn't have any key cards that are too important to lose

Vehicles - they are spared from hidden weapons opportunities

Space - this deck only has Zuckuss - but generally bluffable as LS will assume you have much more and there are very few opportunities to verify your deck

Key Cards:
Quietly Observing (v) - Choose Watto & Sebulba - they are black sun agents, combined with Xizor's Bounty will guarantee a barrier turn 1.
Ni Chuba Na?? - Deploys Sebulba from reserve deck
Fear - Lost interrupt (destiny 2, which is also good for Hidden Weapons) - it will force the opponent to lose 1 force from the top of reserve deck, or 2 from hand (they will often pick to lose from reserve deck)
You Cannot Hide Forever & Mob Points - probably should just use YCHF and use to ditch for Search & Destroy
Grievous & Imperial Command - with the many cards lost from reserve deck, Grievous should have a decent chance of grabbing a lightsaber from lost pile
Kylo & No Escape - Honor of the Jedi canceler
Jodo, Boba, Jango & Hidden Weapons - the deck has a lot of destiny 2,3 for capturing, very few destiny 1
Gragra - cheap deploy, use 1 force to add 2 to the deploy cost of opponent's characters

GEMP Decklist Photo
Spoiler
Show
image.png
image.png (825.89 KiB) Viewed 200 times
image.png
image.png (825.89 KiB) Viewed 200 times
watto painful.txt
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
watto painful.txt
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Re: Painful Watto - No Money, No Parts, No Deal

Post by stephengascrub »

If there wasn’t a shield for I’d just as soon kiss a wookiee, you’d be onto something scary with this deck.
Top Finishes:
-2018 Endor Grand Prix Team Tournament 2nd Place
-2012 SC States 2nd Place
-2011 Malastare Regionals 2nd Place
-2010 Malastare Regionals 3rd Place

Decipher ELO Ratings:
Highest: 1696
Final: 1656

OCS Records:
2020: 10-38
2019: 6-18

Scrabble: 1738 (354-207)

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

stephengascrub wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
If there wasn’t a shield for I’d just as soon kiss a wookiee, you’d be onto something scary with this deck.
Huh?

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Hayes wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 9:29 pm
stephengascrub wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
Huh?
1.) Maybe it's just my imagination there's a shield

2.) It's probably not scary, in actuality. You'd throw down Watto and Sebulba, and run multiple copies of that, barrier, projective telepathy, etc. to stall your opponent until you can stack your sites, or cause a lot of force loss if they routinely have to lose 2 force to the objective. This is reliant on them coming to try and attack you. If they don't is pretty rubbish. So, it's actually not great. And in all honesty, if you're devoting your deck slots to that plus fears, your deck is going to be pretty weak elsewhere.

I think where I was going with this was that Watto could maybe play like the Mistryl Podracing deck pre-reset, but I doubt it. Most of the same tools were/virtual cards were there then, and if it was good, someone would have surely played it.
Top Finishes:
-2018 Endor Grand Prix Team Tournament 2nd Place
-2012 SC States 2nd Place
-2011 Malastare Regionals 2nd Place
-2010 Malastare Regionals 3rd Place

Decipher ELO Ratings:
Highest: 1696
Final: 1656

OCS Records:
2020: 10-38
2019: 6-18

Scrabble: 1738 (354-207)

Jedicon
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Jedicon »

No shield for wookiee. I think the legacy Defensive Shields might have mentioned them.

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

There is, but it's a DS shield.

I love the deck. I love this kind of deck. You shouldn't feel ashamed of playing it. SWCCG needs more decks that is not just putting down the best cards and battling.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Return to “Deck Discussion”