Admiral Chiraneau doesn't seem to work

Forum rules
We have moved all of our bug reporting and tracking directly to Github. Please do not use this forum for reporting bugs anymore. Details on how to do this can be found here:

https://github.com/PlayersCommittee/gem ... lic/issues
sybrwookie
Starter
Starter

Admiral Chiraneau doesn't seem to work

Post by sybrwookie »

His text: "When piloting a Star Destroyer at a battleground system, adds 1 to your Force drains here and at each other battleground system controlled by a Star Destroyer within 2 parsecs of Chiraneau."

Have a look here: https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... jvgi59t946

Turn 8, I deploy him, as a pilot, onto a Star Destroyer to a battleground system. I control the system he is deployed to along with 2 others within 2 parsecs. He does not add to my force drains at that or any other system controlled by a Star Destroyer within 2 parsecs.

chrknudsen2
GEMP Username: chrknudsen

Re: Admiral Chiraneau doesn't seem to work

Post by chrknudsen2 »

Replay freezes for me on LS turn 8 after revert.

sybrwookie
Starter
Starter

Post by sybrwookie »

Not sure if there's much of anything I can do about that, is there?

chrknudsen2

Post by chrknudsen2 »

No, unfortunately not. Reverts sometimes mess up playback. They also sometimes cause bugs (which is likely why the replay freezes), so the Admiral Chiraneau issue might have been a result of a revert messing something up. I play Admiral Chiraneau myself and have never had a problem with him on GEMP.

sybrwookie
Starter
Starter

Post by sybrwookie »

Fair enough. A friend and I are just getting back into playing a bit after 20 years of not playing, so we both mess up a LOT and have been very liberal with allowing reverts.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

chrknudsen2 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:49 am
Whenever a replay freezes you just restart it. It's a problem with your computer, not the replay. Works fine for me.

And it does appear to be a bug. I don't see anything stopping it (like motti v), and no drain bonus cancellers (flip of syc working fine).

chrknudsen2

Post by chrknudsen2 »

I did restart and it froze at the same spot. Maybe changing browser would’ve helped, I don’t know.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

At full speed?

chrknudsen2

Post by chrknudsen2 »

Full speed, normal speed, doesn’t matter. I’ll try my other computer.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

arebelspy wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 10:51 am
chrknudsen2 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:49 am
Whenever a replay freezes you just restart it. It's a problem with your computer, not the replay. Works fine for me.

And it does appear to be a bug. I don't see anything stopping it (like motti v), and no drain bonus cancellers (flip of syc working fine).
Same. I wonder if there's something going on with flipped SYCFA (which is not something seen very often) that isn't allowing it to stack.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

chrknudsen2

Post by chrknudsen2 »

Replay didn't freeze on my other computer. :)

There was a bug some time ago where you didn't get the deploy modifier when deploying a Victory-class SD to Death Star system. Then the attempt to fix that made no SDs (or maybe just non-Victory-class SDs) get the deploy modifier. I wonder if something similar is now going on with the SDs not being recognized as such for Chiraneau?

I've also experienced the objective not flipping back at end of turn when using Inklink, so SYCFA just seems to be kinda bug-ridden.

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

chrknudsen2 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 2:11 pm
Replay didn't freeze on my other computer. :)

There was a bug some time ago where you didn't get the deploy modifier when deploying a Victory-class SD to Death Star system. Then the attempt to fix that made no SDs (or maybe just non-Victory-class SDs) get the deploy modifier. I wonder if something similar is now going on with the SDs not being recognized as such for Chiraneau?

I've also experienced the objective not flipping back at end of turn when using Inklink, so SYCFA just seems to be kinda bug-ridden.
I had a game a good time ago with inkling where I had two competing end of turn responses, the flip back and maintenance cost, after which the objective didn't flip back the rest of the game. I've never been able to replicate it.

The bug thread is on here somewhere.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

was just watching a game where jedi test 1 got completed, then after MWYHL flipped it got suspended. force drain bonuses turned back on, except for Chiraneau, who was piloting Executor at a bg system. he didn't add to 2 different force drains he should have.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

OverlordBossk
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: OLBossk

Post by OverlordBossk »

^ That was my game with Artd0g.

https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg ... 8z0bszr0ek

It's late in the game so you can forward to the end. Just as Shadow said, Jedi Test 1 was complete. After MWYHL flipped, Art took Daughter into hand and suspended the Jedi Tests. Chiraneau didn't add 1 to his system (piloting Executor) or another system within 2 parsecs (Death Squadron Star Destroyer) - however that system did get it's +1 from game text (Kashyyyk) added back while Jedi Test 1 was suspended.

We did attempt a revert, but same results after.

chrknudsen2

Post by chrknudsen2 »

There’s also a Nabrun Leids played in LS turn 6 control/deploy phase (noticed it in deploy) despite IAO being out.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

The destiny on Jedit Test 5 (undercover) also went to used when leia was picked up and the test was suspended. pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

But that bug is understandable, and easily fixable..

FWIW, JT#1 does seem suspended, because the kashyyyk drain switched back from 1 to 2 (i.e. the system +1 is working), but the systems with other SDs didn't +1 (like sullust where chiraneau was should have been a 3), so it's clearly Chiraneau not working, not JT#1 not being suspended or something.
chrknudsen2 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 3:18 am
There’s also a Nabrun Leids played in LS turn 6 control/deploy phase (noticed it in deploy) despite IAO being out.
THAT is the super weird one to me. What would make it not recognize nabrun is restricted by iao??

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

arebelspy wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 10:23 am
The destiny on Jedit Test 5 (undercover) also went to used when leia was picked up and the test was suspended. pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

But that bug is understandable, and easily fixable..

FWIW, JT#1 does seem suspended, because the kashyyyk drain switched back from 1 to 2 (i.e. the system +1 is working), but the systems with other SDs didn't +1 (like sullust where chiraneau was should have been a 3), so it's clearly Chiraneau not working, not JT#1 not being suspended or something.
chrknudsen2 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 3:18 am
THAT is the super weird one to me. What would make it not recognize nabrun is restricted by iao??
there was a revert in turn 4 that must have messed everything up for the rest of the game
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

This should probably be split into a few different threads.

Return to “GEMP Bugs”