BHBM Version 1.0 (V12)

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

BHBM Version 1.0 (V12)

Post by stephengascrub »

So I've seen a decent number of BHBM floating around on GEMP, but I haven't seen any lists yet. I'm bored and want to look into playing the deck, so here is my first take at a deck list:

Starting (10)
Knowledge and Defense (v)
Death Star II: Throne Room
Bring Him Before Me
Insignificant Rebellion
Slip, Sliding Away (v)
Kuat Drive Yards (v)
I Am Your Father (v)
Crush the Rebellion
Cloud City: Upper Walkway
Your Destiny

Locations (4)(14)
Mustafar
Mustafar: Vader's Castle
Cloud City: Security Tower (v)
Cloud City: Downtown Plaza

Characters (18)(32)
Emperor Palpatine, Foreseer
Darth Vader, Emperor's Enforcer x2
Lord Vader
Darth Maul with Lightsaber x2
Lord Maul with Lightsaber
Grand Moff Tarkin (v)
Kylo Ren with Lightsaber
General Pryde
Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter x2
Aurra Sing with Blaster Rifle
Dr. Evazan & Ponda Boba
Sith Probe Droid (v) x2
General Grievous
Ysane Isard

Effects (5) (37)
Emperor's Power
The Phantom Menace x2
No Escape
Imperial Decree (v)

Interrupts (18)(55)
Sith Fury (v) x2
Force Field (v)
I Have You Now x2
Maul Strikes
Sniper & Dark Strike x2
Masterful Move & Endor Occupation x2
Ghhhk
Monnok & Evader
Force Push (v)
Sonic Bombardment x3 (v)
Imbalance & Kintan Strider
Imperial Command

Starships (2) (57)
Zuckuss in Mist Hunter
Mara Jade in VT-49

Vehicles (2)(59)
Blizzard 4 x2

Weapons (1) (60)
Vader's Lightsaber

Thoughts:
Edited to version 1.2. Still obviously not sure about a lot of things. I just dropped a second Force Field (v). Not sure my card selection is the best or my average destiny is where it should be. I definitely think there are a lot of good cards not in the list that merit consideration. Thanks for everyone’s feedback, so far.
Last edited by stephengascrub on June 20th, 2020, 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Re: BHBM Version 1.0 (V12)

Post by rsersen »

I think you’ll have a tough time trying to defend the Clearing and the Plaza. Especially when TRM could drop a T1 Rey (or LSRS from Reserve) with saber, and with 5 force there’s really nothing you can do but eat a quick drain of 3.

I would probably start one of the CC drain -1 sites instead. Either the exterior site where Blizz 4 can go, or the interior where blasters can target adjacent (neat trick with Aurra). Then with the Plaza and Tower, all the action stays on CC.

For space I think 1x Zuckuss and 1x Mara, which can both draw 2 on their own, is okay. It’s not gonna hold up against a dedicated space deck, but is a decent token package. Could throw in Gideon as a pilot, who can also draw 2 alone on the ground.

I also like Lord Maul EPP. Drawing 2 (or 3 with IHYN) that are all +1 can be worth losing a second swing. Maybe 1x of him and 2x double saber.

Pryde could also be a solid add, maybe in place of EPP Mara. Being able to add a draw without top-decking to Power is good, plus the attrition bonus. In that case I might also consider a Command for him and Grievous, and could even throw in Trench with the Hand...although that starts taking up a lot of slots.

Ysanne is essentially the same as Probot, except she can draw 2 on her own. Would just swap those.
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

rsersen wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 3:31 pm
I think you’ll have a tough time trying to defend the Clearing and the Plaza. Especially when TRM could drop a T1 Rey (or LSRS from Reserve) with saber, and with 5 force there’s really nothing you can do but eat a quick drain of 3.

I would probably start one of the CC drain -1 sites instead. Either the exterior site where Blizz 4 can go, or the interior where blasters can target adjacent (neat trick with Aurra). Then with the Plaza and Tower, all the action stays on CC.

For space I think 1x Zuckuss and 1x Mara, which can both draw 2 on their own, is okay. It’s not gonna hold up against a dedicated space deck, but is a decent token package. Could throw in Gideon as a pilot, who can also draw 2 alone on the ground.

I also like Lord Maul EPP. Drawing 2 (or 3 with IHYN) that are all +1 can be worth losing a second swing. Maybe 1x of him and 2x double saber.

Pryde could also be a solid add, maybe in place of EPP Mara. Being able to add a draw without top-decking to Power is good, plus the attrition bonus. In that case I might also consider a Command for him and Grievous, and could even throw in Trench with the Hand...although that starts taking up a lot of slots.

Ysanne is essentially the same as Probot, except she can draw 2 on her own. Would just swap those.
Thanks Ryan!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

ashnolo
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: ashnolo

Post by ashnolo »

Is deploying Your Destiny a requirement? Wasn't sure if its optional or you just forgot it.

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

Lol totally forgot to include it in the list.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Ysanne is also an Imperial leader for Grand Moff Tarkin V, so another reason to add her in.

I'm not certain I love 2 Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, mostly because you only have one bounty hunter to pair him with outside of Vader, so you end up pretty constrained in where you can deploy him. Obviously your best-case scenario is great, but I wonder if you might be better off dropping one of them for another character who draws on their own so you can put more pressure on elsewhere. I actually rather like Grand Admiral Thrawn (v) as he's a solid pilot who combos nicely with Command.
Justin Miyashiro

swatt9999
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: FsuSwatt

Post by swatt9999 »

following this.. trying to put together an updated BHBM as well..

what's everybody's thoughts on elis in ship & pair it with woof (v)? not worth the extra two slots?

What about boss in bus (v)?

my space is currently:
ZIMH
Mara in ship
Maul's ship

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Looks good.

E in H is great.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

swatt9999
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by swatt9999 »

marines28 wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:38 am
Looks good.

E in H is great.
think that over boss in bus (v)?

or cut maul's ship? losing the 6 for a 1 hurts though.. ugh

currently have:
ZIMH
Mara in ship
E in H (v)
maul's ship

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

I’m going to try to revisit this soon, especially now that we also have different variants Bastian and Kyle Krueger posted from TMW.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

swatt9999
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by swatt9999 »

any need for an anti-vehicle ls deck? i used to run p59 and dengar w/gun to help shoot speeders/etc. Not sure how much they are needed anymore so i cut them to make room for some new tech & general pyrne / couple others

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

swatt9999 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:36 pm
any need for an anti-vehicle ls deck? i used to run p59 and dengar w/gun to help shoot speeders/etc. Not sure how much they are needed anymore so i cut them to make room for some new tech & general pyrne / couple others
Commander Luke in Rogue 1 is very annoying against this deck. With Emperor's Power you should have no problem cracking the immunity of R1, but LS will simply re-deploy Luke from Lost Pile each turn with your objective. Even with guys like P-59 and Dengar you'd need to draw a 6 to hit R1, so that's not ideal either. You could tech for it by running an Unsalvageable or Trample if you have Blizzard 4 if you want to engage Luke, or just leave him alone and go elsewhere with Vader, and make LS eat the 3 ping damage from Your Destiny since Cmd Luke won't be present at his site.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

You need to get enough destiny to clear the speeder too.

swatt9999
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by swatt9999 »

mingtown wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:55 pm
swatt9999 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 3:36 pm
Commander Luke in Rogue 1 is very annoying against this deck. With Emperor's Power you should have no problem cracking the immunity of R1, but LS will simply re-deploy Luke from Lost Pile each turn with your objective. Even with guys like P-59 and Dengar you'd need to draw a 6 to hit R1, so that's not ideal either. You could tech for it by running an Unsalvageable or Trample if you have Blizzard 4 if you want to engage Luke, or just leave him alone and go elsewhere with Vader, and make LS eat the 3 ping damage from Your Destiny since Cmd Luke won't be present at his site.
gotcha, ok! i figured not worth the slots much anymore.. speeders are seeing less play right?

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

swatt9999 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm
gotcha, ok! i figured not worth the slots much anymore.. speeders are seeing less play right?
There were a few EBOs in the TMW decklists, and there are a few Y4O decks floating around too that play speeders. So I wouldn't discount speeders totally.
Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

jediwehby
Starter
Starter

Post by jediwehby »

If Luke is in the speeder and Vader at a battleground site, then Your Destiny procs and lightside loses 3 force.

Berm
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Berm »

jediwehby wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 4:01 pm
If Luke is in the speeder and Vader at a battleground site, then Your Destiny procs and lightside loses 3 force.
The reason Luke in speeder is a problem is he draws 2 destiny so LS can keep deploying him to Vader’s location and draw 2 destiny to clear Vader’s site and then just forfeit Luke to redeploy from lost pile the next turn if needed.

jediwehby
Starter
Starter

Post by jediwehby »

Berm wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 8:13 am
jediwehby wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 4:01 pm
The reason Luke in speeder is a problem is he draws 2 destiny so LS can keep deploying him to Vader’s location and draw 2 destiny to clear Vader’s site and then just forfeit Luke to redeploy from lost pile the next turn if needed.
Ahhh Vader at exterior battleground sites...yeah that would cause problems.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Not sure if you are still on this, but 4-LOM With Concussion Rifle v looping Force Lightning or I Have You Now is better (nets you two cards per round of turns) than Emperor Forseer (nets you 1 card and 1 force loss in the same time frame).

I also like Garrison over maintenance Fett so that Vader gets immunity to weapons.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

stephengascrub

Post by stephengascrub »

Thanks Seth. Honestly, I haven’t really fiddled much with BHBM in a while. It could be a good/fun tier 2 deck; but it probably would be a good 20-ish cards different from this.

If I come back to this though I’ll definitely keep your advice in mind.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Return to “Deck Discussion”